Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk IAP Sale 50% - any advise which expansion packs to get?

Comments

• Classical Percussion

• @hisdudeness said:

The ones you haven’t got.

• The packs are really varied, from Atlanta Urban to Celtic to the Mellotron. Are there particular sounds or instruments you're interested in?

I'd recommend listening to the demos on the BeatHawk website or inside the app. Preferably, the app because there it will tell you about the contents of the packs -- number of instruments, loops, kits, etc.

• Doug has done a few videos on various packs.

• Anyone know what the B3 pack costs normally?

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Anyone know what the B3 pack costs normally?

$7.99 -- you can see the regular prices on the BeatHawk website when you select an expansion.
    https://www.uvi.net/beathawk.html

• @nick said:
    Classical Percussion

This is the only one I have and it's surprisingly good! I have enough Apple money for 2 of these, would love to hear some other recommendations...

• edited October 2017

The Choirs are stunning.. :)

Edit..
    FR... Midi import please...
    and un-looped recording...

Is this the only Au app that does Midi recording?... sweet..

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@nick said:
    Classical Percussion

This is the only one I have and it's surprisingly good! I have enough Apple money for 2 of these, would love to hear some other recommendations...

World percussion is also very good. I use the Baroque pack, against all my expectations, quite often. There's something about how these instruments cut through a mix that is quite unique.

• Choirs I don't have on iOS , that's going on the list, thanks @RajahP

I might grab Baroque, have so many drum samplers and drum machines already on the iPad. Cheers @lukesleepwalker

• @telecharge said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    Anyone know what the B3 pack costs normally?

$7.99 -- you can see the regular prices on the BeatHawk website when you select an expansion.
    https://www.uvi.net/beathawk.html

Thank you.

• @PhilW said:
    Doug has done a few videos on various packs.

Didn't notice your post, I think I will go through these videos before any final decisions! Is it possible a refund on an IAP? I imagine that would be difficult to implement..

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@PhilW said:

Didn't notice your post, I think I will go through these videos before any final decisions! Is it possible a refund on an IAP? I imagine that would be difficult to implement..

Yes you can.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@PhilW said:

Yes you can.

This is good to know, thanks!

Bit off topic but I have refunded about 4 apps over the years, mainly because they were broken/buggy. Some of these I have bought again when they got fixed, some I haven't (z3ta is one). For some context I have also spent almost €2,000 on apps, a thousand small cuts! Apple now warns me if I download an app I can no longer refund it, is that just meant to scare people? Seems a bit extreme and possibly illegal!

• Anyone had problems with updating ipad version after purchasing IAPs on the iphone? Is there a difference? It's the same version - universal, so it should appear on both devices - Am I wrong? Now I have IAPs on iphone, and not on the Ipad :(

• edited October 2017

@MAtrixplan said:
    Anyone had problems with updating ipad version after purchasing IAPs on the iphone? Is there a difference? It's the same version - universal, so it should appear on both devices - Am I wrong? Now I have IAPs on iphone, and not on the Ipad :(

Have you tried "restore purchases"? You have to press the little green lines at top of library on iPad to find that menu.

• Thanks. It was quite hidden and I didn't found it earlier :)

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Thanks. It was quite hidden and I didn't found it earlier :)

Glad you got it working, it is very easy to miss!

• This sale ends on Thursday according to UVI email I just received

• Everything going on sale AFTER I’ve spent my monthly allowance haha
    Love App sales!
    Still need about half the packs

• i have a question on the acoustic drum kit. when i preview a drum hit it sounds great, but when i load it to a pad it is pitched up an octave higher than the preview. the pitch setting is set
    the middle. this seems to be the only kit i have purchased that has this issue. any ideas guys?

• How processor intensive is beathawk to run as an AU for just a single instrument?

• Very efficient!

• edited October 2017

Hmmm, have to be selective here. Neo-soul and iSymphonic takes care of my keys and strings. DrumPerfect Pro and Drum Session takes care of acoustic drum hits. I don't need more synth sounds or 808. Right - I'm going in on percussion, World sounds, choirs and guitars. Nice.

• @OscarSouth said:
    How processor intensive is beathawk to run as an AU for just a single instrument?

The DSP indicator in AUM runs at 25-30%

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@OscarSouth said:
    How processor intensive is beathawk to run as an AU for just a single instrument?

What’s your device?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Apple now warns me if I download an app I can no longer refund it, is that just meant to scare people? Seems a bit extreme and possibly illegal!

Apple only a allows a certain number of refunds. I believe that's why you're getting the warning.

• @eross said:
    i have a question on the acoustic drum kit. when i preview a drum hit it sounds great, but when i load it to a pad it is pitched up an octave higher than the preview. the pitch setting is set
    the middle. this seems to be the only kit i have purchased that has this issue. any ideas guys?

maybe it is just the acoustic kit. i downloaded the classic percussion and it is all good? i wonder can i delete it and reload, would that help?

• @telecharge said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Apple now warns me if I download an app I can no longer refund it, is that just meant to scare people? Seems a bit extreme and possibly illegal!

Apple only a allows a certain number of refunds. I believe that's why you're getting the warning.

Would be nice to know some specifics about such a limitation. Whether it's legal is another matter. I guess it depends on where you are in the world.

• @OscarSouth said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@OscarSouth said:

What’s your device?

Air2