Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Lisbon Gadget???

13»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @richardyot

Exactly. And in Aesop's version the scorpion only gets to mess with a frog, much prefer the bosoms on offer. However, snakes do have a bit of a brand problem...

Let's write a song for Al Wilson to sing about buying iPad apps. Did Aesop write anything like that?

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @richardyot

Exactly. And in Aesop's version the scorpion only gets to mess with a frog, much prefer the bosoms on offer. However, snakes do have a bit of a brand problem...

Let's write a song for Al Wilson to sing about buying iPad apps. Did Aesop write anything like that?

I'm SURE he did, but if you think that sly attempt to encourage my even greater personal failing (procrastination) is going to send me off upstairs to the dusty library to read through my old 'Collected Fabular Works' instead of trying to earn a living this grey Texas morning you are very much mistaken Captain. Probably.

• Still optimistic (as ever), but sign the petition I may. Also a good idea (the petition place). May put one up to try to convince the 15 year old to clean his room.

• Looks great! Excited for the new Gadgets. I would love it if Korg implemented the 4 screen view on the iPad pro models.

• Now that it has been out for a while, what do people think of Lisbon (ie the thing that this thread is about)?

• I thought I might love it, then I procrastinated thinking maybe it would be a cheese-fest, then I bought it and discovered that I was right the first time. In summary, I love it, and the sounds fit my style.

• edited January 2018

@u0421793 said:
    Now that it has been out for a while, what do people think of Lisbon (ie the thing that this thread is about)?

It's pretty limited in terms of sound design/sample mangling but it's OK.

(edit), sorry my mistake - I was actually talking about Vancouver, not Lisbon. Lisbon is pretty cool IMO.

• It would have been amazing if lisbon was a iaa au gadget.

Iaa au gadget
    Iaa au gadget
    Iaa au gadget

:p

• I like it. Not a fan of the VR goggles theme (?!) or the battery-draining animated background, or the presets so much, but I think they’ve done a great job overall. Love the filter on this one and the friendly layout, fx section, lfos, harmonics/grit etc.

It won’t make you feel clever like iVCS3 might (or iMono/Poly even) but I’ve found it easy and fun to dial in patches that I like, which makes a nice contrast to scratching my head and deciding, “I’ll come back to this one later.”

• Does anybody know how to trigger the chord pads in Lisbon with a MIDI controller?

• Well its 2021 and I’m considering this app.
    Are people finding it good for chilled sounds like arps and pads?
    The YouTube demos are good but seem Like a lot of other gadgets can produce similar sounds

• If you understand sound design, you can skip it.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    If you understand sound design, you can skip it.

Seems fair LOL

• @Doc_T said:
    Does anybody know how to trigger the chord pads in Lisbon with a MIDI controller?

Im pretty sure you use midi learn, to assign each pad. Or find out what midi notes each of the pads send out and change controller to match those midi notes.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Doc_T said:
    Does anybody know how to trigger the chord pads in Lisbon with a MIDI controller?

Im pretty sure you use midi learn, to assign each pad. Or find out what midi notes each of the pads send out and change controller to match those midi notes.

oh, You know for sure, or You think that it should be that way? If You don't know for sure You shouldn't give advices like that. In KORG apps nothing is obvious, and this kind of advices could be misleading

• @reasOne said:
    Well its 2021 and I’m considering this app.
    Are people finding it good for chilled sounds like arps and pads?
    The YouTube demos are good but seem Like a lot of other gadgets can produce similar sounds

I love Lisbon. One of my favourite gadgets. Also the one which drains battery most :)

• R_2R_2
    edited February 2021

I think Lisbon got enough unique things to make it attractive: State variable filter, interesting OSC section, chord pads, good FX including a Shaper. Direct UI, nice balance between simple/complex.

But as mentioned, it heats up the iPad to an unacceptable point and drains battery (because of the background animation..) I’d use it way more if it wasn’t for this :'(

In other words: wait for a sale and charge your battery in the meantime.