Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Lisbon Gadget???

Comments

• From Dotec-Audio twitter:

• @Crabman said:
    I'm not interested in new gadgets to be honest...all i want is Midi out to drive external hardware :wink:

Indeed. Albeit an electribe module wouldn't hurt :)

• @supadom : I’ve not gotten that far into working w Gadget. It DOESN’T have midi out? Ugh.. How would I sync it to let’s say my Korg Kross Synthsizer? AB3? AUM maybe ? Midi bridge?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @supadom : I’ve not gotten that far into working w Gadget. It DOESN’T have midi out? Ugh.. How would I sync it to let’s say my Korg Kross Synthsizer? AB3? AUM maybe ? Midi bridge?

I think Korg's approach here is to use Gadget as a 'Sound Module' for the Kross.
    Ie. the Kross is more like a master/remote-controller for Gadget not the other way around.

Gadget responds to incoming midi, Kross sends midi to it...

• @Samu said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @supadom : I’ve not gotten that far into working w Gadget. It DOESN’T have midi out? Ugh.. How would I sync it to let’s say my Korg Kross Synthsizer? AB3? AUM maybe ? Midi bridge?

I think Korg's approach here is to use Gadget as a 'Sound Module' for the Kross.
    Ie. the Kross is more like a master/remote-controller for Gadget not the other way around.

Gadget responds to incoming midi, Kross sends midi to it...

Gadget will also sync to MIDI Clock.

• @Crabman said:
    I'm not interested in new gadgets to be honest...all i want is Midi out to drive external hardware :wink:

THIS B)

• @enc said:

@Crabman said:

THIS B)

Doubt it will come. Then Korg has no reason to add more Gadgets (and make more $)

• @Dawww said:
    There is more
    It's maximizer.
    https://dotec-audio.com/deemax.html

so weird, the directions korg takes sometimes. a maximizer. with the push towards gadget for mac and the vst's in daw's....there's already a limiter but i always export dry to mix elsewhere. better internal fx are more important, or fleshing the current ones out with some graphics and/or visual representation.

and yeah, midi out would be a kick in the nuts to the competition and make people invest even more into gadget since it has all around use.

• Are there three new Gadgets on the horizon then?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Are there three new Gadgets on the horizon then?

Two gadgets. The maximizer is on the master out from what I can tell

• a bah and a humbug until i see some dates for this ish to drop. still no dang montpelier on gadget for OSX, even.

• @ChrisG said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Are there three new Gadgets on the horizon then?

Two gadgets. The maximizer is on the master out from what I can tell

Ah ok thanks. Like the sound of the sampler one, look forward to hearing more.

• Thanks , guys!

• @Halftone said:

@enc said:

@Crabman said:

THIS B)

Doubt it will come. Then Korg has no reason to add more Gadgets (and make more $)

Korg should add AU hosting and send us all iTunes cards.

• @Halftone said:

@enc said:

@Crabman said:

THIS B)

I think the philosophy behind Gadget is that it's an all in one type app. You can already export midi and open in another sequencer that is Link enabled, not ideal but it's a solution of sorts if you have some melodies you want to send to hardware.

• Can't help it but sooner or later my collection of apps will be something like: Cubasis, Gadget(+ all other Korg apps) and BM3 with a few selected AUv3 synths & effects :)

• @Samu said:
    Can't help it but sooner or later my collection of apps will be something like: Cubasis, Gadget(+ all other Korg apps) and BM3 with a few selected AUv3 synths & effects :)

Nowt wrong with that Samu B)

• @enc said:

@Samu said:
    Can't help it but sooner or later my collection of apps will be something like: Cubasis, Gadget(+ all other Korg apps) and BM3 with a few selected AUv3 synths & effects :)

My 'Gadget Addiction' has gone so far that I'm even considering getting an iPhone 8+ or something...
    ... and I bought the nanoKEY Studio just for use with Gadget...

It will be interesting to check out the Vancouver Gadget and how it can be automated. Will it get close to a Volca Sample or even go way past it? (Ie. messing with the sample start and loop length in real-time).

This 'Lisbon' Sci-Fi Gadget will most likely have some kind of wave-folder/warper for some added weirdness.

The wait is driving me nuts :D

• @Samu said:

This is the same for myself - Gadget, BM3 and AU apps. Lots of others not getting a look in or deleted.

• @Samu said:

@enc said:

@Samu said:

My 'Gadget Addiction' has gone so far that I'm even considering getting an iPhone 8+ or something...

It will be interesting to check out the Vancouver Gadget and how it can be automated. Will it get close to a Volca Sample or even go way past it? (Ie. messing with the sample start and loop length in real-time).

This 'Lisbon' Sci-Fi Gadget will most likely have some kind of wave-folder/warper for some added weirdness.

BM3 can compensate for many shortcomings in the Gadget sequencer. If Gadget could just implement the direct open in to bypass AudioShare or do a bulk export of all channels (stems) it would be a workflow revolution.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Samu said:

@enc said:

@Samu said:

BM3 can compensate for many shortcomings in the Gadget sequencer. If Gadget could just implement the direct open in to bypass AudioShare or do a bulk export of all channels (stems) it would be a workflow revolution.

You can export stems no problem from Gadget, I use the Ableton export but you can export the master or individual tracks straight to AudioShare. Just reading as I type this that you want to bypass AudioShare, a bit curious to know why? I love having all my audio in one place so I know where everything is and can backup easily!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Samu said:

@enc said:

@Samu said:

You can export stems no problem from Gadget, I use the Ableton export but you can export the master or individual tracks straight to AudioShare. Just reading as I type this that you want to bypass AudioShare, a bit curious to know why? I love having all my audio in one place so I know where everything is and can backup easily!

I want all the stems separately saved and sent directly into BM3. AudioShare is great but honestly it's a basic technology that Korg has to implement rather than rely on 3rd party apps arbthus stage.

• edited October 2017

@LucidMusicInc said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Samu said:

@enc said:

@Samu said:

I want all the stems separately saved and sent directly into BM3. AudioShare is great but honestly it's a basic technology that Korg has to implement rather than rely on 3rd party apps arbthus stage.

That would require both Gadget and BM3 to support 'open in' for zips. I just tried Patterning to BM3 and it did not seem to give Bm3 as a destination.

Maybe 'Files' will one day do the thing for you.

• DocumentPicker/Files.app support is the way to go here for 'sharing' stuff.
    On iOS11 and the coming 3.0.4 update to BM3 you can drop files directly into the BM3 folder-structure using the standard iOS document picker or using the Files.app.

So if Korg decides to support iOS11 and it's Files.app it will be a breeze to transfer files between the apps.
    (Ie. just access the Gadget folder from inside BM3 or vice versa, no need for 'open in...' to send stuff).

• @Samu: That is a very small , smart and very complete collection ofApps.I might add Sampletank (when it gets ab3 ) and fully tricked out Beathawk to that lost

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@supadom said:
    String melody sampler sounds like mellotron.

Aren't you guys following every single shred of rumor on all Gadget threads?
    This is a "Layering Melody Sampler."
    If that helps at all.

I don't give a monkey about the new gadgets. I've done loads with v1 and haven't touched it in months.

I just enjoy taking part in the communal sense of euphoria.

Me too. 50% of my enjoyment of a new app occurs before I buy it. So even if I don’t get it I’ll still have had a good time.

I just need to hear 10 seconds of scifi synth and read 10 posts on Vancouver (sampler).

If @JohnnyGoodyear buys it, which he undoubtedly will, I’ll manage another 10% of ownership enjoyment, vicariously.

I am a scorpion sir and it is but my nature :)

As for Vancouver, why not? Cool town....

• edited November 2017

hm, not sure if i can magine less needed feature for gadget than maxmizer on master channel.. Korg, please stop wasting resources and start adding stuff which is strongly requested (like audioshare, midi out, auv3 host gadget,..)

• edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I am a scorpion sir and it is but my nature :)

Or maybe a snake?

On her way to work one morning
    Down the path along side the lake
    A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
    His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
    "Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
    "Take me in tender woman
    Take me in, for heaven's sake
    Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
    And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
    She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
    She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived
    "Take me in, tender woman

She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
    "But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
    She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
    Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite
    "I saved you," cried the woman
    "And you've bitten me, but why?
    You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
    "Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
    "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

• @richardyot

Exactly. And in Aesop's version the scorpion only gets to mess with a frog, much prefer the bosoms on offer. However, snakes do have a bit of a brand problem...