Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

13-inch iPads coming...?

If this actually happens, it could be really amazing, especially for music apps.

"Apple's been testing larger versions of the iPad, and iPhone for months, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal. That a gadget maker would offer multiple sizes is typically not noteworthy, though in Apple's case, the company has a highly limited number of models. With the full-sized iPad, it's stuck with a 9.7-inch display for the past three years, while competitors like Sony and HP have introduced 20-inch models and beyond.
It took Apple four models before the delivering a smaller iPad. Reitzes expects this jumbo model to happen within a year and a half."
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57606565-37/wall-street-sizes-up-13-inch-ipad-as-mac-successor/

Comments

• edited March 2014

• it's about 1 year I dream this.....+1

• edited October 2013

This would be HUGE for musicians and many other applications like drawing and sketching. Maybe even for CAD work. I defintely would love it for sheet music and DAW. They could probably put a more powerful processor, more RAM and more storage in a thing like that.
    Actually what I'd like to see is kind of an iPad Pro with larger screen, more horsepower, and also more ports than that single lightning connection. That would be great news.

By the way I've been using a 23" acer multitouch screen on my customac for a year now, which is kind of close to a giant iPad. But that's about as unportable as it gets. And it's all different apps of course. But it's pretty cool to be able to touch faders and buttons directly in ableton live without looking for the cursor.
    In my opinion apple could only win by adding more variation and sizes to their iPad offerings. People would buy them, I'm pretty sure.

Anyways, I am also looking forward to the regular 10" and mini 2. I hope they'll focus more on processing power than on thinness and battery life, although with that single port that we tend to occupy with the camera connector the battery life is still very important. They should just add a port for charging or straight USB or maybe they could make a USB camera connector with an additional charging port built in.
    I wonder if any apple guys are reading on here. Probably not. But who knows...

• Would love a 13 inch iPad for playing the likes of Geo Synth and making piano key type controllers more useable. Only two problems, cost.... and iOS 7. :P

• edited March 2014

• This current size seems sensible to me. Anything bigger becomes heavier. Drop it and its au revoir. As for giant sized iPads no thanks. Maybe for studio use? Steven Slate's Black Raven? That's cool but it's about £2k +. I hear Fox News are trying out some giant sized tablets running windows. The portability of the current size cannot be underestimated. Women love it as well and that's a massive demographics. I don't know why people think big/bigger is better - it is how you use the tool. Ain't it?

• Not sure if I'd like a bigger iPad. I like the current size; for some applications I think an iPhone would be even more convenient.
    But if or when an iPad Maxi does appear, developers probably will find ways to make good use of the extra real-estate, assuming it will have a higher resolution too, so eventually things might change.

• edited October 2013

This is my Geo Synth playing surface. I have it this way for range and the ability to do decent length runs and slides. I also have large hands, so ideally I could do with a bit more room.

• I don't think i would like to have a bigger one.It comes too close to a notebook(price as well)or Airbook.The opposite,i would like a smaller (but keeping the screen size)and lighter one.The iPad 4 is quite heavy,i liked the weight and size of an iPad2 more...so I'm looking forward to the iPad 5.

• This size would be too large for me. I think the iPad mini would be to small for me. The current 9.7 seems to be just about right for my usage. By making things a bit smaller by removing the extra inch of non-screen/bezel space like is rumored to happen in the iPad 5 will make things just about perfect for me. :-)

• edited October 2013

Imagine having Jamup on the left side of the screen and loopy on the right, things like that. Auria, Animoog, all those apps with tiny buttons and dials like turnado would get a lot easier to control. I think it would be great. Not as a replacement for the 10" or the mini, but in addition... :-))

• edited October 2013

Hmmm....that could be nice, the ability to open two windowed apps at the same time--like you said, Jamup on the left side and loopy on the right. THAT would make a 13 inch tablet VERY useful!

Imagine Cubasis and the synth you are working with sitting side by side! That would be Cool! :-)

• edited October 2013

Larger screen, more power, more memory, more ports, I like the sound of all of that!

• edited October 2013

Doubt this is coming in October but it's entirely possible that the eventual AppleTV replacement will run on iOS.

Being able to attach game controllers to iPhones is neat and all but I'm guessing that's part of a path to an iOS enabled AppleTV with console games (with iPhones/iPods as controllers).

• AppleTV already runs on iOS.

• I wouldn't say no to one.still mobile?yes,but only just.

• Honestly, I probably wouldn't get one, even if it came out--it would be too big to remain as portable as I would want it to be.

• AppleTV already runs on iOS.

oh. I guess I'm thinking the next TBD "I cracked TV" AppleTV, not whatever they are currently doing.

• edited March 2014

• 13" ipad?.... what about this....

• That floor is really creaky.....

• Perhaps it weights thousand pounds ;)
    But this "toys" are still real from 40" to 150"! Called Padzilla! I saw this first time today! But latency could be bad :)

• I can't see them releasing a 12" iPad that just runs iOS.