Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT:KORG Gadget coming to Switch in Spring 2018

Comments

• Much more important then custom track names on ios

• @yonhorizon said:
    Much more important then custom track names on ios

And still no Windows version. Why :s

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@yonhorizon said:

Never mind that, still no Linux version.

• And no Android version!

• @yonhorizon said:

It’d be such a simple fix for Korg given they are a large company with more than a handful of developers. I guess they figure that this feature isn’t important enough, lol. Ah well, it’s not the end of the world, but it does suck as it’s easy to get lost in 20+ track projects.

But Korg Gadget adapted for the Nintendo Switch could very well generate good money for a good product. It’s a smart move from a psychological standpoint. See, those who own an iOS device but don’t own Gadget may be tempted to try Gadget on the Switch if the Switch version is cheaper. Those who already own Gadget on the iPad but don’t own an iPhone may be tempted to buy the Switch version just for better portability and the fact you can use the TV as a screen (eapecially if it’s that large curved UHDTV from Samsung). Those who own just the Switch would be like, “Advanced music making? Are you kidding me?” and 100s of new bedroom producers are born. It seems Gadget is slowly becoming the FL Studio of the mobile music making world.

And hey, most importantly, if it helps Korg with their sustainable income and prevents Korg from reaming us with subscription pricing bullcrap on iOS, I’m all for Gadget on the Switch. :D Hooray.

• I was just looking at that. Seems like some effects from this DOTEC-AUDIO company are coming to Gadget. That could be good...

• @u0421793 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@yonhorizon said:

Never mind that, still no Linux version.

This! Linux is so much more reliable than Windows. Windows just reminds me of years sorting out problems.

• But saying that, is this a gag? I’d seriously consider a Switch if they did one cheaper without the dock!

• ... just looked at the DOTEC-AUDIO plugin lineup and I am a bit underwhelmed :/ , was hoping for some stutter/reverse/glitchy stuff.

• Wait, this is the big Korg announcement?

• I bought DS-10 on a whim and was completely blown away back in high school, so this is definitely a good thing. But I wonder if Gadget Switch will a) suffer from the same development wait times as the desktop version and b) slow down the development process for iOS and Mac.

• Yeah, Gadget will apparently get the DotecAudio Deemax maximizer:

But this detail is way more interesting. Could it be a sampler with keys B)

• What? No COBOL version yet? :o

• @R_2 said:
    Yeah, Gadget will apparently get the DotecAudio Deemax maximizer:

But this detail is way more interesting. Could it be a sampler with keys B)

Removes monocle; raises eyebrow…

• edited October 2017

Thought the DeeMax was a 'joke' at first until I googled it...
    https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/dotec-audio-deemax.html

Seriously, I thought the loudness wars had already ended...

The sampler looks like a nice photo-shop job though :)

• I am officially confused AF.

• Gadget for Switch could be a good strategic move towards a super stable performance platform?
    (Don't know how much overhead the Switch OS has but It could be that Korg can skip it and access the hardware directly). BT is also supported on Switch so using nanoKey Studio with it should work...

• @Samu Yeah, not a fan of 'Maximizers' myself. Although the current limiter in Gadget could be better. Hopefully this works if applied subtle.

That second pic is not photoshopped (not by me, at least) :)
    Source:

• @R_2 said:
    @Samu Yeah, not a fan of 'Maximizers' myself. Although the current limiter in Gadget could be better. Hopefully this works if applied subtle.

That second pic is not photoshopped (not by me, at least) :)
    Source:

Cool!

Also in the other picture they point at the screen and I can read Gadget 3.5?!
    Current version is 3.3.2!

So we could be seeing a new version of Gadget soonish too :)

• edited October 2017

I have no idea what is going on in this thread.

• @LucidMusicInc @ipadthai
    LOL.
    I thought I was the only one because everyone else here is just carrying on the conversation like normal.

• Nintendo and korg my 2 favorite magic making japanese companys joining forces.
    Eventho i have the iOS Version i will geht this to. Hope Bluetooth Midi will work.

• edited October 2017

I have no interest in the switch, but this could be good news since Korg is likely to invest more resources in the app as the user base grows...

If you compare version 1 of Gadget to where we are now a lot has been added. It is expensive to have everything but I like that I can pick and choose what gadgets I need or find interesting. I think a 7 day demo of new gadgets would be nice to have, didn't know that was possible on iOS but DRC uses this model now.

• A keyboard sampler instrument is like a universal remote.

• It'll change everything

• In addition to this rumoured 'sampler' my second wish for the next Gadget update is Files.app support under iOS11.

All stuff that is exported to 'iTunes' from Gadget is already accessible to all the Audio Gadgets so being able to access those files via Files.app would make things a lot smoother.

Even though Gadget has AudioShare support it is limited when it comes to selecting Bit-Depth and Sample-Rate.
    The export to iTunes doesn't have these limitations.

Bring on Gadget 3.5 :)

• I will jump on the band wagon to say as well, this would be a really smart move on Korgs part. Just think of all the new customers for this platform being exposed to Gadget. Good for Korg and good for iOS in the long run as well.