Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Material: Latest Sounds & Vibes I'm Using (song examples)

1. 2 new songs rolled up into 1 mega mix so stick with it -with orig. musical components/loops live jam session- first half is more EDM type vibe but second piece is DEF more NYC Nightclubs circa the 1990's meets today.

1. Another new piece upbeat elec house has a "Fat Boy Slim" vibe after I listed to it a could times.

These are def more upbeat for me. I moved and this is the vibe I guess I have.

I have been so into the " emotive ambient abstract electronica" and I wanted to put some juice on these with some driving drums, baselines, and energizing vocal samples.

My workflow usually starts working on 1 song and then I end up with really 2 or 3 at the end many times. Since it is the same BPM and done at the same time many are interchangeable. I guess like the LaunchPad or Bloc IAP packs.

So, that is what I do. Make all these loops and sounds into LoopyHD,Group The Looper, and trying Samplebot. I am also using Twisted Wave and Loopersonic to process and arrange particular samples. As I am doing this I am dropping them into Blocs. If I am on the fence, throw it in Audioshare for another day.

Mainly on these songs it is Patterning for many sequenced music parts and pieces as well as drums. I also sampled some older 90's NY house for somy e direct white label wax records for the kicks, snares, and hats. I also as you will here on the second song of the first track sampled some CLASSIC NY vocals from the scene back in the day I came up in.

As for synths, I used mostly Lorentz and a little Animoog for this stuff with little bit of SynthMaster. Sampletank I used for some dry runs on things but can't remember what exactly. As a whole, a bit of sample play, reworking, and processing then putting in Patterning recording a loop of a sound into Loopy. Sometimes taking that loop, cutting it and reprocessing in a whole other direction. All of this in Twisted Wave applying AUs and arranging in Loopersonic. I did use Auxy for some perc and drums.

To me Patterning is the bomb for alot of what I do. Synth, Bass, and drums. I mainly use my Launchcontrol XL to control the Patterning app at all times.

This was a surprisingly small app pool I used for these songs.

I have like almost 2 other songs I have to finish from these two session recordings alone.

As for the recordings from Soundcloud, I basically "try out" the samples of the songs I have compiled by jamming with the Launchpad Pro with all the things I made. This way I get a feel for what sounds best to do the final arranging or musical amendments to the pieces. I even sometimes throw it on the iPhone and fux with it on the treadmill to try out various things with the loops I made. I always have the debate with myself to add certain effects or let the DJ do it. I sometimes do a dry mix dub but not much.

After all that, I eventually use Cubasis or this time I may use BM3 to compose the formal "song" from the loops and things I created.

I like to know what goes into what someone does. Hence, the explanation of my work up.

Appreciate you listening. Have a great weekend.

Thanks

Comments

• Nice work dude...and as an FBS fan I can see the resemblance in the second tune. Seems the move has given you some good inspiration :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Nice work dude...and as an FBS fan I can see the resemblance in the second tune. Seems the move has given you some good inspiration :)

It has bro

I guess the balding area is a solar panel for my brain....................

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Nice work dude...and as an FBS fan I can see the resemblance in the second tune. Seems the move has given you some good inspiration :)

Do me a favor
    Listen to song 1 closely and tell me if the levels seem consistent throughout the entire thing.

Parametrix........overall treble and bass

ThX Homie

• Completely awesome.... wish I was good at patterning..