Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Update for Z3ta+ soon?

Now that we know Cakewalk folks are paying attention to the forum do you think we might someday see them actually support their apps once again or should we give up on Cakewalk all together? Would be nice if they would attempt to make Cakewalk great again. :o

Comments

• MCGA! Make Cakewalk Great Again.

• edited October 2017

It would be nice if they would you must admit, no? This app used to be one of my favorites.

• Z3ta as AU would be cool.
    I'd be willing to pay for this feature.

• The current price of IOS Z3ta (19.99) also doesn't stack up against some of the recent competition.
    I'm guessing they don't sell many nowadays at that price or with existing bugs/lack of support!

An update to fix bugs plus AU support for a goodwill price of 4.99 would be about right and I'm sure would be enough to generate some more purchases (me for one). :D

• Is it compatible with iOS 11 yet?

• What cakewalk need to realise is that our voices here count

I did not buy z3ta based on what I read on here from less than happy forum members. That means cakewalk did not get my money.

Devs like brambos and others LISTEN and ACT to try and keep customers happy

Some devs don’t do that and lose out

• @receder said:
    The current price of IOS Z3ta (19.99) also doesn't stack up against some of the recent competition.
    I'm guessing they don't sell many nowadays at that price or with existing bugs/lack of support!

An update to fix bugs plus AU support for a goodwill price of 4.99 would be about right and I'm sure would be enough to generate some more purchases (me for one). :D

disagree ... Z3ta+ is one of most powerfull and best sounding synth on iOS - it's basiccally Access Virus TI alternative for iOS .. i think price is ok, look at korg's pricing model for iOddysei or iMono/Poly ..

but AUv3 version and bugfixing will be great indeed ..

• @Tritonman said:
    Is it compatible with iOS 11 yet?

I have it installed on my iPad Air 2, iOS11.0.3 and it's 'working' like it used to work.
    The arp in the app is quite capable but there is no way to edit the 'midi-clips' that it can use for the arpeggiator.

The app app has always been a bit 'unstable' for be me regardless of iOS version with random crashes where i least expect it...

• Great news about compatibility! I was under the impression it had not been updated and compatible with 11.

• edited October 2017

Don’t let the $19.99 price fool you. If the damn preset exporting function would work, it’d be more than worth every penny, just like those Korg Gadget synths what cost $19.99+. z3ta+ is up there at that high professional quality, which is why it’s one of my top 3 bread-and-butter VST plugin on my Windows PC. I rely on it since it can do things no other synth can do (such as one operator FM modulating another, and that other operator pulling some other kind of modulation on a third operator, many modulation routings, etc).

So, the ability to build a patch on the iPad and save the preset to Dropbox, or even to email it to myself and have them on Google Drive, is very much a crucial workflow function to me. That’s why I’ve been on Cakewalk’s back for years saying the same damn thing about their customer service not listening/caring, or when I wrote this review over two years ago...

...literally being nonexistant at that time (as they had ZERO options for iOS customers in their “contact us” box). And you wonder why I went a bit nuts in that thread yesterday, only to have my rant be proven right when Cakewalk’s stooge arrogantly asked me “we’re all grown-ups, right?” (After years of being nice, that’s the answer I get when I vent my frustrations? At least it wasn’t one of the two cookie cutter answers, #silverlining? :D ).

I am VERY passionate about the z3ta+ synth. Like @dendy said, it’s a recreation of an Access Virus TI. It’s an incredible modulation monster I’ve used for years before I bought an iPad 2 in December 2011. It has unique sound design capabilities. I hope Cakewalk is finally listening and fixes that bug after over two and a half years of begging. I highly doubt it’ll happen, but you never know. :) Cheers.

• @dendy said:

@receder said:
    The current price of IOS Z3ta (19.99) also doesn't stack up against some of the recent competition.

disagree ... Z3ta+ is one of most powerfull and best sounding synth on iOS - it's basiccally Access Virus TI alternative for iOS .. i think price is ok, look at korg's pricing model for iOddysei or iMono/Poly ..

but AUv3 version and bugfixing will be great indeed ..

It's just that I only paid 40 for the desktop version when it was on sale which is also a newer version (Z3ta +2).
    I was also thinking that lowering the cost would generate sales which would help to fund further development.
    The great unknown (awaiting any news from Alex) is whether Cakewalk have an appetite for developing it any further and the resource to work on it.

• I don't use this one, or Nave as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because of Synthmaster Player and the Korg ios stuff I have? Even Alchemy is still a regular use for me.

• I have never uninstalled mine since i have all the desktop presets in it and all the ones that came with the app! It is an absolute deal and works perfectly for me. I used it mostly as my main synth while playing keys for the worship band at church. Amazing tones coming from this baby out of the huge church main speakers!

@Samu said:

@Tritonman said:
    Is it compatible with iOS 11 yet?

I have it installed on my iPad Air 2, iOS11.0.3 and it's 'working' like it used to work.
    The arp in the app is quite capable but there is no way to edit the 'midi-clips' that it can use for the arpeggiator.

The app app has always been a bit 'unstable' for be me regardless of iOS version with random crashes where i least expect it...

• Bug fix, general compatibility wash and brush up, maybe a sale price to tempt those of a nervous disposition, and I’d have this.

• Z3ta is still one of the best sounding synths on iOS IMO.

Link would make it go from good to great.

• Just fix your synth Calewalk folks...if you add new features like AU3 just charge iap for that. The Cakewalk rep was brave for comin in here, but he wasnt prepared to deal with the backdraft from the broken app. Maybe they'll come around? remains to be seen.

• It's 2017 get with the times Cakewalk >:)

• I've never bought it because of all the complaints on this forum. I have no problem with the price - so long as it works.

• I got a couple dev's to dive in and scope the preset fix. No promises yet, just giving you an update.

• Awesome! Thanks Alex
    Will update App Store review as well.

@alexwestner said:
    I got a couple dev's to dive in and scope the preset fix. No promises yet, just giving you an update.

• @alexwestner said:
    I got a couple dev's to dive in and scope the preset fix. No promises yet, just giving you an update.

Excellent, thank you.

• @alexwestner said:

Nice.

• @alexwestner said:

AT....LONG....LAST! :smiley: Mate, if you pulled this off, I can’t tell you how damn glad I am to finally eat my words and apologise to you for the vitriol. I’m incredibly glad somebody from Cakewalk cared enough to finally listen to us and to motivate the developers to fix things. The last two and a half years haven’t been a cakewalk (haha, get it?), but it’s only because I love z3ta+ a LOT and have used it (and earlier versions) on my PC for over a decade now. It’s the best semi-modular the Appstore’s got, and $19.99 is a ridiculously cheap price for it.

Hell, if you manage to pull this off, even though I hate subscriptions for non-cloud-storage things, I’ll subscribe to Momentum for a couple of months just to shoot some cash your way for further development of z3ta+ iOS, dig? I would LOVE to someday see Audiobus 3 compatibility as well as possible AUv3 functionality with parameter automation in apps like Beatmaker 3, and if me subscribing for a couple of months helps fund the development of z3ta+ for bugfixes and other goodies too, so be it.

• @alexwestner said:

Thanks for looking :) if you can re-enable preset management via itunes documents folder that would be great as this has been a major gripe with me. (Not sure if this is the same issue as above)

• @alexwestner , thats good if we could get a fix after 2+ years complaining and contacting Cakewalk.

• @alexwestner said:

THANK YOU

• @alexwestner said:

Good on you sir! Thanks for the good word.

• edited October 2017

Me too much join this praise for the wonderful Cakewalk Z3ta+ for iPad...
    It sounds amazing and a lot to offer if you dig deep into the app and it’s nice sound engine...

I really hope that everybody out there with years and years of experience of nice music apps on laptops & desktop computers soon to realize that iOS today can deliver tremendous amount of potential that in most cases can make people move to the wonderful world of mobile music making (very very long sentence)...

The futures is really bright for us (I hope)!