Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GridInstrument... New App

2»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:
    anyone able to get this to work with the launchpad mini while also using the launchpad app without hassle?

Yes. Seems to work fine. Can't seem to get it (the app) to play other apps, but maybe I was wrong somehow in thinking it might. Or could just be wrong in general :) BUT I have the kid's Mini hooked-up and it works perfectly with the LP app and while I'm also poking at the the thing on the iPad also.....So I guess he and I can have a power struggle with it which will be fun...

thanks JG, unfortunately that's exactly what I wished was capable, to use the Lp app, and play other apps via the Lp mini together.. would have been quite nifty :(

• Looks a bit like Synthecaster, but this has no AB3 MIDI

• @kobamoto said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:
    anyone able to get this to work with the launchpad mini while also using the launchpad app without hassle?

Yes. Seems to work fine. Can't seem to get it (the app) to play other apps, but maybe I was wrong somehow in thinking it might. Or could just be wrong in general :) BUT I have the kid's Mini hooked-up and it works perfectly with the LP app and while I'm also poking at the the thing on the iPad also.....So I guess he and I can have a power struggle with it which will be fun...

thanks JG, unfortunately that's exactly what I wished was capable, to use the Lp app, and play other apps via the Lp mini together.. would have been quite nifty :(

Looks like there's an update out which says it 'fixes a bug that was preventing virtual MIDI out from working'

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Looks like there's an update out which says it 'fixes a bug that was preventing virtual MIDI out from working'

>

Yeah, and an App Store fault in the UK. I grabbed the update, and it did nothing. About half an hour later another uodate with the same number appeared. That one fixes the problem. :)

• Lots of crashes using the app inside AB3 in the midi slot controlling various synths with my Launchpad mini connected, works for a few minutes and then drops out the midi slot with the AB3 midi warning symbol. No good for live use at all. Please devs fix it.

• Dev seems very keen, so hopefully will respond quickly to address stability issues, etc. Once bugs crushed, this will be a really good addition.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Lots of crashes using the app inside AB3 in the midi slot controlling various synths with my Launchpad mini connected, works for a few minutes and then drops out the midi slot with the AB3 midi warning symbol. No good for live use at all. Please devs fix it.

What about without ab3?

• edited October 2017

The setting under Dragging for playing adjacent notes works really well, in concert with GeoShred and the Sample Tank acoustic guitar pack.

• @Zen210507 said:
    The setting under Dragging for playing adjacent notes works really well, in concert with GeoShred and the Sample Tank acoustic guitar pack.

Why would you use this instead of Geoshred?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Why would you use this instead of Geoshred?

>

I like GeoShred sounds, but have never been enamoured of all the flashing graphics.

• new update worsks just great

• edited October 2017

I think it's a nice app, but I wish that all of the page switching he does in this video was just quickly accessible via drop down menu on the main screen. Having to change pages to choose scales, modes etc... I dunno bout all that.

Does anyone know if you can build your own scales?

• So what does this app offer functionally that i cant get using Geoshred, Expressionpad or Synthecaster?

• @gkillmaster said:
    So what does this app offer functionally that i cant get using Geoshred, Expressionpad or Synthecaster?

Works well with Novation Launchpad controllers.

• Just noticed GridInstrument is also available for the Mac - http://decided.ly/

• Another alternative for desktop already existed -

https://fabriziopoce.com/isocontrollers.html

It works for PC also.