Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bows and Strings

It started to bug me that there are such glaring holes in the app list for bow instruments, or at least bow-playing metaphor interfaces. I've always enjoyed the lo-fi warble of Yumi:Synth and wondered why it hasn't been updated, or for that matter improved upon by others. Here are some answers:

From Yumi:Synth re:Audiobus
"Yes this is planned, should happen this month!"

From BlueMangoo (iFretless et al.) re: making a bowed instrument app
"We're on it already! We just arranged the last recording session today. It will be out soon."
I can only assume it will be Audiobus ready on launch.

So that's nice. While on this streak, I also wanted to know why there's no AB available 12-string action out there.

From Rhism at Guitarism
"this is my plan for the next update."
Looks like this will be an IAP. Fine with me.

Now you know.

Comments

• Thanks, that's good to know!

I wonder how they are going to implement the bow action, but a touch device might just be ideal for that...

• Thanks for the info... I do like Yumi synth but I haven't used it in a while due to lack of Audiobus.

• Drive the Thumbjam Cello from iFretless Bass.

• The ThumbJam interface and samples are the best so far for all stringed Nd bowed instruments. I too wish there were some more unique options for bowed instruments especially considering the touch interface lends itself so easily to this . There some zither and ehru ones but just triggered samples . I really wonder why someone didn't come up with a very excellent Sitar touch instrument... That would be really popular I imagine...Yumi synth was my first app purchase a long time ago but has sadly being lying unused for a long long time.

• Don't forget Garageband smart strings.