Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free Apps!

List your favorite free music apps here! I feel like loading up on hidden gems today.

While I don’t get much utility out of it, I love messing around with Yonac Steel Guitar.

Comments

• Auxy. Wicked app all round, and the optional sound packs are pure quality too.

Figure (although I actually paid for it!).

Flux-FX Play

• edited October 2017

Burea3o
    Pitea3o
    MarcMoerd3o

These free organ taster apps (limited to 3 octaves) sound amazing. I also like the developer’s free reverb Rooms that has a lovely reflections randomizer.

• Byell Harmony, Chiptunes Pro, Solo [Nr. 19], Ton (Drum Machine), Lalalab, Sylo Synthesizer, GliderVerb, DubFilter

• Oh yeah dubfilter is awesome

• Lol
    No mention of groovebox??

• iTuttle
    BlocksWave
    LaunchPad

• edited October 2017

@Love3quency said:
    Lol

I wasn’t considering ‘freemium’ under the same category as ‘free’ personally. For example you don’t need to purchase any of the Auxy packs to use all of its feature, but Blocs or Groovebox are crippled without buying the IAP features.

• Oval synth

• GarageBand is free isn’t it?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    GarageBand is free isn’t it?

Haha, winner! (Although again, I payed for it)

• edited October 2017

Yamaha Synthboook has the excellent AN2015 inside, one of the best sounding synths out there to my ears. It has a few really nice features that other synths lack, the orb and chord pads work well for creating complex evolving sounds.

I would be happy to pay for a bit more control and I think the midi can be a bit wonky at times.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Samvada

I love Samvada, but I've never gotten it working as an effect in either AUM or Cubasis. All I can get it to do is process the Ipad mic.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Samvada

I love Samvada, but I've never gotten it working as an effect in either AUM or Cubasis. All I can get it to do is process the Ipad mic.

I’ve used it live in AUM before so it does work. Wish it had a landscape mode though!

• Auxy & Medly

• @OscarSouth said:

Flux-FX Play

Not free tonight.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Yamaha Synthboook has the excellent AN2015 inside, one of the best sounding synths out there to my ears. It has a few really nice features that other synths lack, the orb and chord pads work well for creating complex evolving sounds.

I would be happy to pay for a bit more control and I think the midi can be a bit wonky at times.

It shows up on itunes in a google search, but not in my app store. Weird!

• edited October 2017

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

I think you have to search under iPhone apps to see it appear, that caught me out before. For anyone with a fairly old device the synth won't be included, if I open it on an iPhone 4s it only shows the adverts and history of Yamaha stuff.

• edited October 2017

Gliderverb. but i don`t know what the HUGH different between the purchased version.

• The synth in syntorial

• @jcdream said:
    Gliderverb. but i don`t know what the HUGH different between the purchased version.

• i don’t recall this one ever being free, although it’s been as low as a buck.

@ginandjuice said:
    BITWIZ!!!!

• @OscarSouth said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Samvada

I’ve used it live in AUM before so it does work. Wish it had a landscape mode though!

Tested this today and at least on my phone, it sadly doesn’t work (exactly what you described).

• Auxy (the old, simpler version)
    Audio Evolution (Freemium but with 3 free stereo audio or midi tracks you can already do great sketches)
    The Blocs Wave + Launchpad combo
    Sample Lab (older versions run well on iPad 1, can send MidiSync)
    Nord Beat 2 (can send and receive MIDI clock too)
    MobMuPlat (for outlandish Synth/FX creations)
    DubFilter
    GliderVerb
    Logic Remote, iFreeRDP
    nTrack Tuner
    MIDI Scope
    midimittr
    Link to MIDI

• @Love3quency said:
    Lol

GROOVEBOX :) :) :)

• TweakyBeat

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

I think you have to search under iPhone apps to see it appear, that caught me out before. For anyone with a fairly old device the synth won't be included, if I open it on an iPhone 4s it only shows the adverts and history of Yamaha stuff.

That did it. THanks!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

That did it. THanks!

Glad that worked out! I never thought I would be lusting over a virtual analog but I will have to pick up the hardware AN1X one day