Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

clock sync?

I want to sync the tempo between two apps and output to speaker. I load both (drum beats plus and loopmash) to the input button. Speaker set to output. The tempo of each app I would like to sync up. Possible?

Comments

• Both apps would have to support Midi clock - just took a quick look and it doesn't appear Loopmash supports ... so you would not be able to in this situation.

It's possible to sync some apps via midi clock sync on the ipad - some apps do it very well, others try to do it but suffer from clock drift and other issues. (Loopy HD works pretty well for me sending midi clock sync to other apps)

If you search midi clock sync on this forum there will probably be a couple of threads discussing and you might get a better idea.

• Loopmash does not have midi sync. Not sure about Drum Beats+.

• DB+ has no clock sync option either.

I have yamaha synth and drum app and the Peter Lockett drumjam app. Both have midi clock sync options and set to on. No syncing to the audiobus speaker out setup going on.

Am I using audiobus as intended?

• audiobus doesn't handle any midi values or events... but maybe some day soon??