Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MoDrum....what do you think?

As the title says i'm looking for opinions.How is the sound?Does it sync properly (to cubasis)?Workflow good/bad?Does it work well with IOS 7?I know it's just a couple of bucks but i REALLY try to take care more and not buying"everything"anymore :)

Comments

• edited October 2013

It's very limited sound wise. It's your typical 808-ish sounding synth drummachine, and doesn't go anywhere beyond that. If you're looking for a synth drummachine thats's also a couple of bucks but is capable of so much more (in fact so capable you can make really good bas//synth lines with the drums, making it possible to do some minimal music kinda thing with it), buy SeekBeats. It's not universal, but works fine on iPad, and a universal update is in the works according to the dev the last I heard.

• It is limited soundwise, though I must say that I like the interface on the iPad

• Ditto @ChrisG with SeekBeats it's def the current drum synth champ

• SeekBeats looks interesting but...No Midi??Dealbreaker for me.Does Modrum at least create some FAT (808ish)sounds?

• Yeah, I have to say that I like the sound from MoDrum. It is synthetic, but in a very good way! Personally, I think it sounds very different from an 808, but again, a very good sound.

• edited October 2013

MoDrum does not create fat 808-Ish sounds, its timbres are very "tiny" if that makes sense. I used the 808 comparison loosely. Just remember if you decide to buy it that it only makes one snare sound, one kick sound and so on. Very limited. Can be a bit beefed up with the tube/comp effects. Listen/look at a demo or two and you'll know exactly what you'll get with it.

• And a perfect marriage to Bassline. I prefer the Funkbox sounds.

• I like funkbox as well but unfortunately it's not possible to edit sounds (or i'm too dumb to find an edit page) .

• In funkbox, you can edit the sounds of a kit but I don't think you can paste in your own. Box, tap an EPROM, tap edit, tap tweak.

• edited October 2013

edit:nevermind,found it.it is only possible to tweak sounds when i save a kit as my own one...

• How does SeekBeats compare to Robitic Drums? I have RB and love it.

• SeekBeats has A LOT more tweakablity and goes almost into "full sound" synthesis. By that I mean you can do melodic and bass phrases. On the sequencing side SeekBeats also has the regular step sequencer, unlike Robotic Drums which is chance weighted, but SeekBeats has sound randomizing functions, patterns, snapshots, etc... I'd buy it again.

• edited December 2013

I like modrum for its midi and "just works" AB flow. And it's sounds great when sequenced with Bassline. There are 5 editable parameters, "tune, pitch, time, click, and decay". Seek beats, no midi, but yes great true editability. 2 other midi and AB capable drum synths, Stix, and SynthDrum. SynthDrum lots of editability, Stix you can draw your own waves...very nice AB and midi integration in cubasis for both Stix and SynthDrum
    And don't forget Bleepbox, deep editability, midi and AB...a real sleeper.

• edited January 2014

Just picked up STIX and find it immediately inspiring. However I need some help. It appears that STIX is only sending a mono (left) to the Duet. Shouldn't these sounds be coming out of both sides? I'm only hearing the left channel.

Tried other apps, Auria, SP pro, they sound fine, nice, stereo read on the board. Then STIX is only showing up on the left side. What to do? When I bypass the duet and do headphones off the iPad directly, STIX is in stereo. I will continue to trouble shoot this. scratches head