Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Drum App Snap from Reactable beta testers required.

Comments

• Please no, not another drum app...

• Please yes, more and more drum apps...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Please no, not another drum app...

He complained as he dutifully signed up for the beta....

• If it has sweet slicey stutts or manglage I am all for another entrant into the arena. Willing to pay up to 20 quatloos.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’d rather eat my own ear wax.

• edited October 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’d rather eat my own ear wax.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpjpXMFPshSYGLm/giphy.gif

• @MonzoPro said:

I have far more synth and effect apps than I have drum apps. And I’m yet to find a drum app that I truly feel 100% happy with. Reactable are a pretty good developer outfit; I’m sure I heard Marcos Alonso of Samplr fame works with them. If he’s involved, I’m interested.

• @Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

I have far more synth and effect apps than I have drum apps. And I’m yet to find a drum app that I truly feel 100% happy with. Reactable are a pretty good developer outfit; I’m sure I heard Marcos Alonso of Samplr fame works with them. If he’s involved, I’m interested.

I'm sure it'll be fantastic, and it could replace the drum app I bought last week that has bugs and crashes, or the other really good drum app I updated the week before that has bugs and crashes. Or the other 40 drum apps in my 'rhythm' folder I hardly use anyway, as I always go back to the same one that's nailed it. I'm sure the new app will build on existing features from other drum apps, but with its own unique UI twist.

Sorry, trying hard but failing to summon up any excitement. IMHO to have a sustainable future, what the iOS platform needs most now is:

Innovative new products

Stability and fixes for existing ones

Not another drum app.

And if the Samplr guy is working on a drum app for someone else, part of me wishes he wasn't. Because what the iOS platform also really needs, is a proper sampler.

• Ok (I say nervously whilst walking slowly away in a backwards motion).

• A man can never have too many drum machines ... John Robie , 1983

• edited October 2017

Reactable made ‘STEPS’ didn’t they? That’s a cool and unique little app! This sounds promising!

• One developer I'd like to see make a drum app is Apesoft, with his lovely automatable lfos and synth engine.

• @Beathoven said:
    Ok (I say nervously whilst walking slowly away in a backwards motion).

/Stops in the doorway at that same awkward moment then retreats in hopes no one seen me/

@Carnbot said:
    One developer I'd like to see make a drum app is Apesoft, with his lovely automatable lfos and synth engine.

That would be awesome!

• @Beathoven said:

Sorry, I went a bit overboard there. I'm having a bad day/year.

• edited October 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

[opinion]a couple of usually constructive members of this board have cross-validated themselves into a self justifying slippery slope of increasingly ‘normalising’ negativity and malicious/ targeted critique[/opinion]

• @OscarSouth said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

[opinion]a couple of usually constructive members of this board have cross-validated themselves into a self justifying slippery slope of increasingly ‘normalising’ negativity and malicious/ targeted critique[/opinion]

That comment wasn’t really necessary, was it.

• @MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

That’s why I used the opinion brackets! Quite a few unnecessary comments in this thread.

• Anyone else signed up for the SNAP beta? The screenshot they send in the email response has a few interesting elements to it. I hope it is compatible with iPhone too though, as that’s were I use STEPS. They look like they could be good buddies!

• @OscarSouth said:

@MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

That’s why I used the opinion brackets! Quite a few unnecessary comments in this thread.

So why do it? You want an argument or what? I’ve already apologised and explained my iOS negative outburst - what’s your excuse for calling me malicious?

• edited October 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

@MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

So why do it? You want an argument or what? I’ve already apologised and explained my iOS negative outburst - what’s your excuse for calling me malicious?

I didn’t name any individual, purposefully.

I don’t believe that it’s healthy for this creative environment, that the degree the phenomenon I described has deteriorated to is being considered ‘normal’. I’m stating this publicly (and have done a few times recently in other threads) in the hope that it’ll have a positive effect for the community in the long term.

I’m not going to get into any further debate about this in this thread (I’m interested in this new app so hopefully we’ll have a discussion about it!). You’re more than welcome to chat by PM if you want to talk things through though.

Just to be absolutely clear, this is nothing personal. I really enjoy the constructive content and discussion you post and actively follow the music you post here. Some of the most interesting, creative and enjoyable art that is posted here!

• I got onto the TeatFlight version. It’s iPad only at the minute but looks very cool. Didn’t get a chance to play with it yet. I can see a lot of STEPS UI similarities

• I'm on the beta. Looking forward to giving it a go later, but impressions I can give you will depend on what we're allowed to say.

• Just had a quick play with this app, really like the sequencer!

• Despite the lack of a tutorial this is very intuitive, the magnet is a nice feature. Has anybody figured out if we can store more than 8 patterns?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I'm on the beta. Looking forward to giving it a go later, but impressions I can give you will depend on what we're allowed to say.

Same, I’m purposely keeping it to broad strokes and not posting screenshots

• Had a brief mess around with the beta. First impression is that it's not really all that different than several other drum apps, but I really like the interface and sequencer a lot. Haven't tried the midi out yet, but it looks promising too.

• @skiphunt said:
    Had a brief mess around with the beta. First impression is that it's not really all that different than several other drum apps, but I really like the interface and sequencer a lot. Haven't tried the midi out yet, but it looks promising too.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't think we could activate the midi yet but if you select 'purchase' it works and there is no charge during the beta testing :)

• just try the beta version,and it`s very fun.

• edited October 2017

Anyone figured out if we can midi map the faders? I have tried double taps, long press and had a look in the settings. A Korg nanokontrol would be the perfect companion for this app.

• This is actually pretty unique once you get into how the sequencer works. I'm really diggin' it so far.