Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[ Dear Audiobus, please, when you add a IAA support? ]

I ask you this because you have all audio app in your garden, and if you add this feature help all your fans/users on this great new iOS function...

Comments

• +1

I was hoping all apps would have IAA updates out by now :(

• @DaveMagoo it does seem odd to me too that we haven't heard more. I understand the Audiobus guys just because they have to coordinate with so many others, but come on BM2. Why hasn't there been an announcement from any of the guitar modelers out there? I asked PositiveGrid and they said they weren't even working on it. Said they planned to wait for better documentation from Apple, which I translated to "when hell freezes over".

• Looks like Audiobus will continue to be the official audio standard then--at least until things change on the IAA front. I'm thankful for Audiobus!! Thanks Sebastian and Mike!!!

• @Audiojunkie, absolutely. This isn't getting deleted off my devices anytime soon. Actually that's a pretty funny joke. I dare someone to try to take audiobus away from me. You're going to pull back a nub. +1 for thanks Seb and Mike.

• I would be perfectly happy if Audiobus leveraged the IAA standard and everyone just used the Audiobus SDK for their development (it has better documentation anyway). I also would like to see the ios midi problem solved, and hope Audiobus will do that too. I personally hold a lot of hopes for that app, and hope to see a long life for Audiobus! P.S. Sebastian, I really won't mind if you charge me another $10 for the upgrade! :-)

• I'd go 20 - probably more, but lets not test it

• edited October 2013

Hi,

We're working on bringing you new stuff and making sure it's stable before we ship it.
    The last big bugs in Inter-App Audio have only been ironed out in the Gold Master so even though we've had access to the new iOS 7 SDK since June it only became usable (for our purposes) in September (while we've already decided to finish another feature first because we weren't sure if the fix would even be in the final version of iOS 7.0).

Other than that I can't really be more specific right now.

Cheers,

Sebastian

• Thanks @Sebastian. Appreciate all the hard work.

• Long live Audiobus!!!

• Thanks Sebastian! I'm really looking forward to it!!!

• Love it! The care you guys take with Audiobus sets the bar for all devs, including Apple!