Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Select Audio Interface via new Control Center

Just long Tap “Music” in the Control Center

Comments

• Ah... thanks, I hadn’t got around to this yet.
    Free knowledge is good.

• edited October 2017

Still doesent recognize two audio interfaces and let me choose between them :/

• @ToMess said:

I’m convinced there’s a way. Something I’ve been wondering - is it possible to get an Mfi Certification for an Audio Interface? There’s no issue with multiple Apple tv’s and the like. I’m going to do more experimenting soon as I fix my internet - tried setting up my Mac to be an NTP Stratum Server yesterday and blew up my network.

• edited October 2017

Any audio device that has a lightning cable connection has to be Mfi certified. There are many of these, it seems more devices had it before before the CCK became more popular. Now it is more well-known that any “class compliant” USB audio device should work with the CCK. Apple finally official supports audio and MIDI interfaces with the CCK 3. Before then it was just an undocumented feature that musicians took advantage of.

The question of multiple USB interfaces is an iOS limitation. The OS “just works” with the first class compliant audio device connected. Everything else is ignored. Apple would have to add settings and options in the operating system and I don’t think they have done so in iOS 11.

• @Aud_iOS said:

@ToMess said:

I’m convinced there’s a way. Something I’ve been wondering - is it possible to get an Mfi Certification for an Audio Interface? There’s no issue with multiple Apple tv’s and the like. I’m going to do more experimenting soon as I fix my internet - tried setting up my Mac to be an NTP Stratum Server yesterday and blew up my network.

Well ios has never been able to handle multiple interfaces. I tested with focusrite 6i6 and steinberg ur22 mkii. If i have 6i6 hooked to ipads usb hub, and plug ur22 to it, it stops seeing 6i6