Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to tune samples in Cubasis?

The sampler in Cubasis is quite ... limited I‘d say. So how can I tune my base drum sample? Only by transposing? Or is there another way?

Comments

• Unfortunately it's only by transposing for now in conjunction with 'pitch-bend'.

I do hope @LFS and his team over at Steinberg give us proper sample-tuning (by cent & semi-tones per sample making it easier to 'tune' samples in a kit as an example) at some point in time.

The 'Mini Sampler' could use some love from the developers but then again we have no clue on what's cooking for the next Cubasis update or when it will to drop.

A slow'n'dirty method of tuning a sample would be to put the sample on the time-line and use the transpose tools to fine-tune the sample, freeze the track, save the sample and dump it back into the mini-sampler but it's too much hassle...

• Can this be done simpler in BM3?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Can this be done simpler in BM3?

Yes.

• I’m looking forward to the next update of Cubase, hopefully they will implement some of the tools available from Cubase to enhance and improve the sampler and transport.

• @Nu2moro said:
    I’m looking forward to the next update of Cubase, hopefully they will implement some of the tools available from Cubase to enhance and improve the sampler and transport.

The team is working full steam on the upcoming Cubasis update, which will include exciting new feature additions alongside user-requested improvements. Will make sure to add/update the feature requests listed here.

Best,
    Lars

• Great news. Thanks a lot.

• edited October 2017

Really pleased to hear that Lars! :-)

• @LFS said:

@Nu2moro said:
    I’m looking forward to the next update of Cubase, hopefully they will implement some of the tools available from Cubase to enhance and improve the sampler and transport.

The team is working full steam on the upcoming Cubasis update, which will include exciting new feature additions alongside user-requested improvements. Will make sure to add/update the feature requests listed here.

Best,
    Lars

Woohoo! Fingers are mega crossed for a tempo track mate

• Imo the most constant daw regarding updates, I hope they surprise us!

• @LFS Thanks, Cubasis might not be the newest or flashiest thing these days, but it remains one of my favourite apps to work in for my workflow. I also appreciate that slowly but surely it continues to be improved (without a lot of 'hype').

• @Extnctn6 said:

@LFS said:

@Nu2moro said:

Best,
    Lars

Woohoo! Fingers are mega crossed for a tempo track mate

++