Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ever considered becoming a Doug Woods patreon subscriber ?

I just became a “thesoundtestroom” subscriber for a measly single dollar a month after initially donating a small sum on PayPal last year. I couldn’t help notice though that his goal is $500 per month at which point he says life would become easier for him . He now makes I think $368 or something like that . Calling on like 140 of you to become subscribers for a buck a month .. That would make his goal.
He’s actually improved as an iOS video guru IMO. His videos are better than ever . He deserves something, even that tiny bit from all of us .
Would love to see him with an iPad Pro 12.9 because of his vision problems . Bravo, Doug Woods!

Comments

• I am one of his patreons, because at the end of the road his videos help me to actually SAVE money, not purchasing some of the apps reviewed. Anyway, this is a personal choice, I chose to patreon Doug (and others, btw) because I felt it was the right thing to do. Nonetheless, for some people I changed my mind when I started to smell a subtle (or not-so-subtle) form of advertising in their video... ;-)

• Yup, Doug’s on my list.

He’s cheaper than Foxtel. ;)

• Pedantic, I know, but one does not become a 'patreon'.

Patreon is the platform, subscribers are patrons.

• edited October 2017

Busker got there before me with the pedantry. I was going to say that I don't want to be a Doug Woods Patreon, as I'm not called Doug Woods and the man himself already has his own Patreon. :)

• Thanks, your note has encouraged me to become a patron on Patreon.

• Best couple of bucks spent in any given month. No question.

• Thanks for this thread guys.

I really do try and give Patrons value for money over there and a good laugh every now and then, also free codes and stuff.

It’s important to me that you all feel like it’s a good place to be, there are some really great threads there too.

• Guys - go give Doug $1 a month already!

;)

I've been a Patreon for a few months and it's the least I can do considering I watch nearly every video the man puts out. He's still the best resource for demos for iOS apps and it's $12 a year. Even I can swing that!

Anyway - thanks for the vids (and killer solos) Doug. I'm working on the next track to send to you....

• Yes, if a hundred and a half people signed up for $1a year, he could meet his $500 monthly goal. That’s a cup of coffee a month. Can you imagine the world of iOS without him?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Yes, if a hundred and a half people signed up for $1a year, he could meet his $500 monthly goal. That’s a cup of coffee a month. Can you imagine the world of iOS without him?

That’s one expensive cup of coffee.

• edited October 2017

It’s not much, but over the months I’ve updated my patronage from $1, to $2, to $3 a month. Though I’d support him regardless, this month I scored a free code for a monster synth I’ve had my eye on for a while! Doug is an iOS music institution who brings a lot of value to the community, and I’m happy to lend my support.

• @Tovokas :Oh YEAH?!? Say WUUT? Ok.. Well I may just have to match you on that, lol.
    Yes, Doug is an institution.. The important thing is to at least give SOMETHING id you read his reviews regularly .. Of course with a “Go fund me page “ your friends put up whenever tragedy befalls them, the collective scream towards your wallet can be quite deafening and I’m semi retired at this point but I had to give something and I’m calling on our fellow
    “ bussies”to do the same .

• I've supported Doug on the Patreon platform for some time, and plan to continue to do so. I do it because as a user and advocate of iOS music making apps, I feel that he is a very important character in the grand scheme of things and heck, I need him as much as he needs me (or us). Plus the extra videos and chances at scoring free apps more than compensates me for the monthly donation. I encourage everyone to join in the fun.

• RJBRJB
    edited October 2017

@TozBourne said:
    I've supported Doug on the Patreon platform for some time, and plan to continue to do so. I do it because as a user and advocate of iOS music making apps, I feel that he is a very important character in the grand scheme of things and heck, I need him as much as he needs me (or us). Plus the extra videos and chances at scoring free apps more than compensates me for the monthly donation. I encourage everyone to join in the fun.

You hit the nail on the head and inspired me increase my monthly donation.

Doug, you are amazing. I truly appreciate the volume of work and the quality of info, I learn something with every view.

• @RJB said:

@TozBourne said:
    I've supported Doug on the Patreon platform for some time, and plan to continue to do so. I do it because as a user and advocate of iOS music making apps, I feel that he is a very important character in the grand scheme of things and heck, I need him as much as he needs me (or us). Plus the extra videos and chances at scoring free apps more than compensates me for the monthly donation. I encourage everyone to join in the fun.

You hit the nail on the head and inspired me increase my monthly donation.

Doug, you are amazing. I truly appreciate the volume of work and the quality of info, I learn something with every view.

I inspiried you...woohoo! So glad to know that my post succeeded. That's a win-win-win.
    Cheers mate.

• Just did. Glad I can help. Rock on Doug

• Also please peeps please do consider supporting the amazing tribute album that was recently made for Doug on Bandcamp to help him raise some much needed funds for him. It’s a great album made by some of the fine musicians right here on our very own forum! Rock on indeed Doug! Thank you for all you have done for me in aiding my iOS app musicianship learning. Cheers, Susan