Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

soda - new dj application

Comments

• @gusgranite said:
    Can you access tracks from Audioshare or is it only iTunes?

You can import from AudioShare

• @skiphunt said:

@gusgranite said:
    Can you access tracks from Audioshare or is it only iTunes?

You can import from AudioShare

Nice. Thanks

• Please give a warm welcome to our new DJ app Soda :)

If you happen to have purchased d(- -)b back in the day - we will have a bundle for the two up in a few days!

https://www.facebook.com/sodaDjApp/posts/934192446739078

so,how many days live this app...

• if you connect a USB drive full of wavs to the USB camera kit will the ipad/soda see it and have access to the wavs?

• @cblomert said:

@Samplemunch said:
    I read the email in Android and grabbed the redeem code.
    First impression, there seems no way to accurately set cue points, will have a look for a manual.

you won't find one yet - sorry ;)
    cue points will be set to the nearest beat.
    If the bpm detection failed its job you can adapt it via the track-grid:
    short tap on the waveform, then press the appearing button with | | | as logo.
    You can set the speed and downbeat there.

Does the app have a variable grid for music which has shifts in tempo such as live played music?

• @lerosa said:
    if you connect a USB drive full of wavs to the USB camera kit will the ipad/soda see it and have access to the wavs?

It’s easiest to use AudioShare IMHO.

• @Dubbylabby not much storage on my ipad so was hoping to offload to an external drive

• @lerosa said:
    @Dubbylabby not much storage on my ipad so was hoping to offload to an external drive

Well you can use a external NAS or similar. It’s a must if you are working with large wave files. Even some regular routers have the pendrive option and AudioShare maybe can connect to them (I should try it with mine to be sure)

@DaveMagoo said:

@cblomert said:

@Samplemunch said:
    First impression, there seems no way to accurately set cue points, will have a look for a manual.

Does the app have a variable grid for music which has shifts in tempo such as live played music?

• @Dubbylabby said:

Aw yeah, that's pretty damn cool... How is tempo controlled when cross-fading between tracks with different tempos?

• @cblomert any chance we could get multiple iaa ports ? Would very much be able to expand modstep's sampler functionality a ton using soda+modstep+Aum....

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Aw yeah, that's pretty damn cool... How is tempo controlled when cross-fading between tracks with different tempos?

That’s the track edit window. I don’t see flexible multiple grid (maybe a wishlist @cblomert?) but the options for gridding are amazing and finetunning very accurate, edit cue points (16) etc...

The crossfade between songs is done in the main window as usual so you can sync or not etc etc... at CDM article you can find some details. It’s that what you asked or I missunderstood it?
    http://cdm.link/2017/12/soda-finally-make-take-ipad-seriously-dj-tool/

• @cblomert The audio out ports currently register a long name starting with AppleUSBAudioengine so on my iconnectAudio4 you can't see which ports it is sending to. :)

• @cblomert said:

@Samplemunch said:

Does the app have a variable grid for music which has shifts in tempo such as live played music?> @Dubbylabby said:

@lerosa said:
    @Dubbylabby not much storage on my ipad so was hoping to offload to an external drive

Well you can use a external NAS or similar. It’s a must if you are working with large wave files. Even some regular routers have the pendrive option and AudioShare maybe can connect to them (I should try it with mine to be sure)

@DaveMagoo said:

@cblomert said:

@Samplemunch said:

Not sure if that is a reply to my question?

• edited December 2017

Yes @DaveMagoo it’s a reply but not a full positive one. It has an amazing track editor without flex grids... yet? Idk if @cblomert has a workaround or multiple grids (using cue points as song part markers maybe?) are in the roadmap, just pointing this is huge for a 1.1.1 version :wink:

Edit: also check my another answer where I said... it :lol:

• Hrmmm...the app keeps losing the Audio when i go to the FX channel or play with anything related to volume...and i lose all Audio in the app. Running on iPad Pro 10.5. Anyone else encountering this issue?

• As a beta tester on this app I immediately picked this up. It's the one to rule them all.

Only suggestion would be a manual explaining how to do all the things!

• Hey there :)
    We've just released soda 1.1

This is the changelog that we've come up with after all your feedback & ideas:

Added Audiobus Outs for Main & Monitor
    Added Audiobus Outs for Track 1-8 Pre-fader
    Added IAA Effect Host capabilities

The Document Picker can now import more than one file at a time
    Recordings can now be accessed and exported via the Browser
    Overviews will now react to the 'Spectrum Off' Setting

Cues can now act as jump-points to other Cues. If the Decks playhead passes the Jump-point, it will immediately jump to the specified target cue.

Fixed a bug that would import a different Track from the Library than dragged

and a lot more smaller bugfixes & enhancements!

Hope you enjoy this version of soda! Please let us know in either case :)

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Well you can use a external NAS or similar.

>

Really? So are you saying this app can stream from a NAS, or do tracks have to be downloaded?

If it actually streams, I’ll buy it!

• @Zen210507 said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Well you can use a external NAS or similar.

>

Really? So are you saying this app can stream from a NAS, or do tracks have to be downloaded?

If it actually streams, I’ll buy it!

Mmmmm I think I was pointing to the download workflow (using documents or audioshare) but IDK if native NAS support is in the roadmap... once again summoning @cblomert about it...
    From my POV 64gb and over iPads have enough space to allow any kind of music library for djing purposes but if not NAS different folders to switch the session for each club needs should be an acceptable workaround until native NAS emerge...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    From my POV 64gb and over iPads have enough space to allow any kind of music library for djing purposes but if not NAS different folders to switch the session for each club needs should be an acceptable workaround until native NAS emerge...

>

Okay, thanks for the swift reply. :)

• The main thing preventing me from using this app more is you can't yet save mix scenes/setups/projects. I hope that's coming sometime soon @cblomert :)

• @Carnbot said:
    The main thing preventing me from using this app more is you can't yet save mix scenes/setups/projects. I hope that's coming sometime soon @cblomert :)

>

Oh, that is disappointing. I’ve mailed the dev concerning NAS support, and will keep an eye of the app. Looks like it’s got a lot to offer, and with just a fraction more...

• @Zen210507 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

>

Okay, thanks for the swift reply. :)

You are welcome and also maybe mindblow since I didn’t use a f00k1ng , ,,,,,,,,,,
    lol I read it twice and figured how difficult was even for me :bawling:

Gladtoseeitwashelpfulandezpz

• Soda DJ is an instant crash for me (“loading soda” screen then crash)

iPad Pro 9.7
    iOS 11.2.5

• @J_B1GS said:
    Soda DJ is an instant crash for me (“loading soda” screen then crash)

iPad Pro 9.7
    iOS 11.2.5

Just tried. Haven’t used Soda in awhile. Let love it and thanks for the reminder.

Anyway, running fine here. iOS11.2.6 on 10.5. Maybe a reinstall needed?

• Does Audio Damage ENSO work as a Looper effect inside Soda?

if I remember Soda DJ allows you to use AU effects. I don’t own Soda was just wondering

• Great app
    Funky in AUM when record and using interface
    I usually leave stand alone if I use iOS for mixing outside of Cross DJ

I use the full cross on Mac live stuff

Waiting on Traktor update

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Does Audio Damage ENSO work as a Looper effect inside Soda?

if I remember Soda DJ allows you to use AU effects. I don’t own Soda was just wondering

In theory it should, but it didn’t show up in the AU FX list when I tried to add it in Soda. Could be user error since I barely remember how to use Soda.

• yeah I just tried too, that's weird it doesn't show up. Maybe it's because it's classified as a "music effect" and they might not be supported yet.