Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thicket is on the bus!

Comments

• Tried it. Got bored pretty quickly.

• @simon, you beat me to it! The Thicket team is psyched to be making a step toward letting our audio run free. Here's what one of our beta testers made with Thicket:

@paulb, Thicket isn't really designed to be a proper instrument. We think of it as interactive audiovisual art. We're going for hypnotic and mesmerizing, which can sometimes be misdiagnosed as boring. Anyway, it's certainly not for everybody. Thanks for giving it a try.

Anyway, hope you all will take Thicket for a spin!

• Here's some more encouragement to give Thicket a try:

• Ok, that looks cool. Thanks

• edited March 2014

• sometimes an update reminds me to delete the app.

• Not so much a misdiagnosis, more of a personal taste. I was certainly not hypnotised or mesmerised, so on that score, it failed, at least with me. I wasn't looking for an instrument, but I did hope for something a bit more interactive and controllable. I got the impression that the soundscape was following a script, and that the influence I had over it was very minor, resulting in a very shallow experience. I also viewed all the demos and wasn't enticed to explore further. Good luck with it though.

• @paulb I will, reluctantly, accept the fact that Thicket may have simply bored your pants off :)

Regarding the degree of control -- some of the modes are very song-like, and more or less do follow a script (Sinemorph, Remember). Some of them are much more open ended, and closer to being instruments (Love, Scary Ugly).

• Source Twitter: "Thicket App ‏@ThicketApp 8h If you care about #audiobus remaining in Thicket, speak up. Otherwise, we take out the knives and chop it out." Send them a mail to keep AB onboard and update to the latest SDK/IOS 8

• edited September 2014

Thanks for the heads up. Message sent to [email protected]

• Also just sent them a message as I do like the App.

• Source Twitter:"Thicket App ‏@ThicketApp 56m Thanks for speaking up, everyone. You all are making a good case for maintaining audiobus support."