Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to send Midi CC to AU Synth within AB3?

So...I know how to send midi CC values to Zeeon synth within AUM...but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this in AB3. Could anyone tell me how to send Midi CC from an external midi device to Zeeon and other AU synths in AB3...

As a point of reference, I am successfully playing my AU synths in AB3 via my Octatrack...and I can send Midi CC to things like Ripplemaker and other AU's who have published their CC values...but Zeeeon is one of those synths which hasn't done so...

In AUM I can assign the Channel and CC value directly for Zeeon via the Midi Parameters drill in for the synth...and I am looking for the equivalent in AB3.

The Midi learn functionality of Zeeon doesn't work when I invoke it as an AU within AB3 either :(

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• So no takers on this one :#

• @echoopera have you tried putting zeeon in midi destination position in ab3, and sending midi cc from an app in source position? This way midi-learn can detect the controller info.

• You can only do it if the AU has midi cc's baked in or built in midi learn, Zeeon midi learn works fine in AB3 for me.
    i can use Midlfos for example.

You can also do it with AUM hosted in AB3 of course.

• edited October 2017

There seems to be a bug, however, in zeeon midi learn won't save the cc number, resp. doesn't remember/ won't re-learn @giku_beepstreet

• Yeah Zeeon could do with a save and load midi map.

• edited October 2017

It’s a particular problem with a Zeeon. I can’t get my midi controller to work with it. I can do it easily in AUM because the CC values are accessible and assignable.

I don’t see a published CC Chart for Zeeon, so I guess I’m just out of luck for the time being if I want to control Cutoff from my controller inside of AB3. :|

When I set Zeeon to midi Learn it ignores my knob twisting.

Thanks everyone.

• edited October 2017

Even if you do this? Tested and working with Launch control XL. Don't think you can save the mapping with a zeeon preset though....

• @Carnbot said:
    Even if you do this? Tested and working with Launch control XL. Don't think you can save the mapping with a zeeon preset though....

Yeah. That setup doesn’t work with Zeeon. I can get it to work with Ripplemaker just fine with this setup.