Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to cut samples in Cubasis? - solved -

Even with snap to grid off, the markers are still snapping to an unvisible grid. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• I think you have to set timeline to time as opposed to beats. Haven’t looked at that for a while!

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    Even with snap to grid off, the markers are still snapping to an unvisible grid. What am I doing wrong?

Just guessing, but is quantization still turned on?

• Snap to grid and AutoQuantize are switched off.

• Made a short Video

• Switch the counter to minutes/secs instead of bars/beats (just tap it I think), make sure snap to grid is off, and the snapping will go away in the editor

• @hightunnels said:
    Switch the counter to minutes/secs instead of bars/beats (just tap it I think), make sure snap to grid is off, and the snapping will go away in the editor

Yay! Problem solved. Thanks a lot.

• You're welcome--I think @Samu was the one who made that discovery a while back!

• @hightunnels said:
    You're welcome--I think @Samu was the one who made that discovery a while back!

Yepp, but it was purely by 'lucky random accident'(I was pretty frustrated at that moment) after I noticed that the 'Mini Sampler' edited the samples in 'time mode' by default rather than 'bars/beats' so I decided to try changing the ruler in the sequencer to 'time' rather than 'bars/beats' and voila it worked there too...

So for @LFS and co, I think it's worth mentioning in the Cubasis manual that in order to do 'sample accurate editing' of the audio the ruler needs to be changed from bars/beats to time.

• @Samu said:

@hightunnels said:
    You're welcome--I think @Samu was the one who made that discovery a while back!

Yepp, but it was purely by 'lucky random accident'(I was pretty frustrated at that moment) after I noticed that the 'Mini Sampler' edited the samples in 'time mode' by default rather than 'bars/beats' so I decided to try changing the ruler in the sequencer to 'time' rather than 'bars/beats' and voila it worked there too...

So for @LFS and co, I think it's worth mentioning in the Cubasis manual that in order to do 'sample accurate editing' of the audio the ruler needs to be changed from bars/beats to time.

This is a perfect example of why this forum is so dang valuable to iOS music makers. Thank you @Samu for generously sharing your insights on these sometimes obscure issues. You always bring the knowledge and are much appreciated by me.

• I second that. And it’s probably the friendliest forum on the net.