Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Great Patterning Update...

...that unfortunately came literally a day late for me, who spent a couple hours redownloading/unzipping/syncing gigs of samples for the new Pro. Ah well.

What's New
• Export and Import Patterning database (all songs, drum kits, and samples) via iTunes File Sharing. Available from FILE screen.
• Secret hack that allows you to import .onps and .onpd files using the sample library's Dropbox browser.
• Fix issue which caused iTunes File Sharing "Inbox" to not be cleared when importing files.
• Potential fix to occasional bug with the sample editor view.
• Fix an issue that could cause a crash when deleting MIDI Mappings.
• Fix naming of MIDI Channels in MIDI Mappings
• Removed "Backup User Database" setting from System Prefs, as it was unreliable. Use built-in Database Export/Import instead.
• Clear database cache on app termination.
• Include MIDI mappings in .onps song export
• Clear inbox after sample import.
• Fix bug with Cloud Kit sharing on iOS 9
• Fix iOS 11 crash when saving Drum Kits.

Patterning : Drum Machine by Olympia Noise Co.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/patterning-drum-machine/id976690555?mt=8

Comments

• Marvellous, thanks for the heads up @oat_phipps B)

• ...that unfortunately came literally a day late for me, who spent a couple hours redownloading/unzipping/syncing gigs of samples for the new Pro. Ah well.

Ouch.

• Pattering is a great app, but iTunes, really.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Pattering is a great app, but iTunes, really.

haha, like clockwork.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Zen210507 said:

haha, like clockwork.

>

What, you like iTunes?

• No, I was just wondering when somebody was going to toss capers in the milkshake.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    No, I was just wondering when somebody was going to toss capers in the milkshake.

>

Glad to have been of service. :)

• As long as the 'iTunes Folder' is made available to iOS11's Files.app I have no issues with 'iTunes File Sharing' :)
    This is not the case with Patterning yet though but I think it's something that could added quite easily...

• I love patterning. I wanted to transfer my Patterning data and samples between iPads, and I think this does it.

I just want a file system for user samples.

• It is a great app, but it remains bloated in size when I delete almost everyone one of the (to my taste) horrible sounding preloaded drum kits. I deleted all of them but two, and added a half dozen great sounding cloud kits. Consequently, it is now sitting at 542MB of precious resource space. Arrgghh.

• edited October 2017

@JeffChasteen said:
    It is a great app, but it remains bloated in size when I delete almost everyone one of the (to my taste) horrible sounding preloaded drum kits. I deleted all of them but two, and added a half dozen great sounding cloud kits. Consequently, it is now sitting at 542MB of precious resource space. Arrgghh.

Weird, my app size is 127 mb with 1.98 gb docs & data, and that’s almost precisely how much I synced to it. I’ve never had a problem with Patterning bloat.

• @oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    It is a great app, but it remains bloated in size when I delete almost everyone one of the (to my taste) horrible sounding preloaded drum kits. I deleted all of them but two, and added a half dozen great sounding cloud kits. Consequently, it is now sitting at 542MB of precious resource space. Arrgghh.

Weird, my app size is 127 mb with 1.98 gb docs & data, and that’s almost precisely how much I synced to it. I’ve never had a problem with Patterning bloat.

Yeah, I don't know why I have that problem. I even did beta TestFlight the last time around. I just don't know...

• I’m not sure I understand how to export the entire data base; it seems like it only does it per song with the 8 samples and settings saved (.onps files). I’m assuming .ompd files might be the entire database, just a guess, but I can’t find a way to export that for backup purposes. Help @benkamen ?

• @JeffChasteen said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Yeah, I don't know why I have that problem. I even did beta TestFlight the last time around. I just don't know...

Maybe you’ve got some unimported samples hanging around in the Apple file sharing folder, or you’ve exported an extra long song to that folder. Who knows, who wants to connect to a PC unless it’s absolutely necessary.

• @oat_phipps The idea of the database backup is just for transferring / backing up EVERYTHING all at once. It doesn't merge databases or anything fancy. If you are getting and onps file you are pushing the wrong button :) Look for the DATABASE button midway down on the FILE screen. The resulting folder (in iTunes File Sharing) is the database, so make sure to keep it all together and don't move anything around inside the folder or rename things. : )

And yea, I used iTunes File Sharing for the feature ... this is a something you will hopefully need to use very rarely.

• @benkamen said:
    @oat_phipps The idea of the database backup is just for transferring / backing up EVERYTHING all at once. It doesn't merge databases or anything fancy. If you are getting and onps file you are pushing the wrong button :) Look for the DATABASE button midway down on the FILE screen. The resulting folder (in iTunes File Sharing) is the database, so make sure to keep it all together and don't move anything around inside the folder or rename things. : )

And yea, I used iTunes File Sharing for the feature ... this is a something you will hopefully need to use very rarely.

Thank you, I totally missed that DATABASE button

• @benkamen Any tips on unusual user file bloat?

I like @JeffChasteen deleted almost all the pre installed kits and added one of my own with 4MB of samples and now I have an app off 266MB with user file at 160MB.

Im just getting into using Patterning again and loving it but my ipad mini 2 only has 16GB and my clever file management is failing

• @Zen210507 said:

Absolutely ridiculous, why would any developer ignore the files app this long after it was released !!

• @Samplemunch said:

@Zen210507 said:

Absolutely ridiculous, why would any developer ignore the files app this long after it was released !!

Hard @ work on Patterning2 perhaps? But yah, Files is pretty sweet now that it works for me after the last ios update. Cubasis just got a huge bump with it for me now, very nice. Come on Gadget, Patterning and Sugar Bytes, pony up with the Files.

• edited April 2018

@Samplemunch said:

>

What are you talking about? The Files App is not iTunes, which is a pile of crap.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Samplemunch said:

>

What are you talking about? The Files App is not iTunes, which is a pile of crap.

What are you talking about, learn to read, i was agreeing with you lol

• edited April 2018

@Samplemunch said:
    What are you talking about, learn to read, i was agreeing with you lol

>

Arghh. Apologies. Sometimes I just read the wrong words. :) Literally, the other day, having had samples scraped off a poorly eye with needles!