Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Payday Treat help me decide! Decided = NanoKontrol 2

It's payday and I want to treat myself to something fun after a tough month. Will spend up to £100.

On the one hand a launchcontrol would nicely complement my launchpad mini. On the other hand it would be nice to get something which would take me out of the ipad / ableton environment that makes noise and has a sequencer.

What should I get?

Comments

• Volca Sample?

• Good call! I had a play with one on Saturday. It seemed like fun but the build quality seemed really poor - I got the feeling that it might not make it to the next pay day! The sample transfer via IOS seemed a bit of a faff but please tell me otherwise!

• Axoloti Core, but to get it up and running you'll need a computer.

• @knewspeak said:
    Axoloti Core, but to get it up and running you'll need a computer.

Too techie for me but thanks!

• edited October 2017

Try and track down a used korg Monotribe (they don’t make them anymore.) they are awesome and have endless possibilities and also have a basic drum sequencer as well. I have one and a volca sample and it wipes the floor with the volca

• @Extnctn6 said:
    Try and track down a used korg Monotribe (they don’t make them anymore.) they are awesome and have endless possibilities and also have a basic drum sequencer as well. I have one and a volca sample and it wipes the floor with the volca

Thanks - I'll keep an eye out / look that one up!

• Work eleven hours, buy the girl some flowers...

• Teenage Engineering's Pocket Operators?

• How about a pedal instead?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Work eleven hours, buy the girl some flowers...

This,

@robosardine said:
    Teenage Engineering's Pocket Operators?

Multiplied by this, equals Smooth Operator?

• Should it be hardware? You need a thing with a good sequencer and great noises. This directly translates into "Caustic", maybe combined with:

• Impaktor
    • Toytone
    • BitWiz
    • Chiptunes Pro
    • bent.fm lite
  • Reason? I know, it's more than 100 quid. But I just got myself a license for Reason 4 which I'm planning to upgrade to 10 in 9 days. It seems to have matured quite a bit since I last used it around 12 years ago or so.

• @Munibeast said:
    Reason? I know, it's more than 100 quid. But I just got myself a license for Reason 4 which I'm planning to upgrade to 10 in 9 days. It seems to have matured quite a bit since I last used it around 12 years ago or so.

Reason mobile is on its way- so maybe better waiting for that than buying the full version if you are on a budget. It will be a while though- looking forward to it.
    I'm especially looking forward to teaming it up with the - Jim Audio- groovebox app when it arrives- which is to be around Christmas according to the indications.

• I’ve decided it’s an op-1. All I have to do now is find one for 100 smakeroonies

• In all honesty I should be saving for a new laptop but post MacBook the idea doesn’t excite

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    I’ve decided it’s an op-1. All I have to do now is find one for 100 smakeroonies

Ah- an excellent choice- if you are looking to pick one up sold for spares or repairs- you will probably be just within budget :)

• @brambos said:
    Volca Sample?

this++

Or troll craigslist for a bit. You'll find something interesting in that price range if you live anywhere near a city.

• Sp404 secondhand
    Boutique Roland if you can find one cheap
    Novation circuit
    Pocket operator (the drum one that can download new sounds from microtonic)

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    I’ve decided it’s an op-1. All I have to do now is find one for 100 smakeroonies

I want one of these so bad :,(

• I bought a meeblip Synth. It was either that or the Volca FM.

• I did look at the Teenage engineering po32 microtonic, the software is £100 though and I don't need another drum synth. If there has been some sort of bundle deal I think it would be a no brainer.

• encenc
    edited October 2017

@mireko_2 said:

:o Show me where I can get one anywhere near £100 B)

• If you can solder, this might be an item:
    http://www.dreadbox-fx.com/hades-diy/

• edited October 2017

@enc said:

@mireko_2 said:

:o Show me where I can get one anywhere near £100 B)

Indeed, that's a bit like suggesting a Moog Voyager if you can find one cheap :D

• Probably relatively boring but I've ended up with a Korg NanoKontrol 2. Looks like it might be fun. Anyone else experienced with this?

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Probably relatively boring but I've ended up with a Korg NanoKontrol 2. Looks like it might be fun. Anyone else experienced with this?

Well played! This will give you tactile control of your apps—something that not even a Moog Voyager could give you (not on the go anyway). Hey, spend the change on something like MidiDesigner Pro to pair it with, and then YOU CONTROL THE UNIVERSE!

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Probably relatively boring but I've ended up with a Korg NanoKontrol 2. Looks like it might be fun. Anyone else experienced with this?

I haven't used the NanoKontrol 2. But I own a Nanokey Studio and my brother owns the original NanoKontrol. They're all great to use with the iPad. Korg Gadget recently added Native Mode for the Nanokontrol 2. So that's a plus if you're a Gadget user like myself. I'm actually thinking about picking up a NanoKontrol 2 at some point.

• I am not familiar with Midi Designer Pro (WHASSAT GOOD FOR?), but I do have a bit of spare time for CONTROLLING THE UNIVERSE.

It only cost me £40, so the rest can go towards the Macbook Pro and OP-1 ;-)

And yes I am a Gadget (and IMS20 etc etc user, so BONUS)