Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

State Saving

Audiobus' list shows BIAS Amp as State Saving. I have tried to follow the user guide to set two different presets with two different amps, but no matter what I do it just ends up with whatever the last amp opened in Bias was when I change presets in audiobus.

Can someone walk me through howto use this state saving feature? And even more, to verify it?

Comments

• I don't use Bias but you might get more help if you add Bias to your thread title.

• I was hoping for general help, I dont understand the order you would do things, regardless of the app in question, like is there a separate state saving function in Audiobus I have to do first?

• @pipelineaudio said:
    I was hoping for general help, I dont understand the order you would do things, regardless of the app in question, like is there a separate state saving function in Audiobus I have to do first?

Ah, yes. State saving is specific to audiobus. It's in the upper right corner.

• So if I set something up in BIAS from Audio bus, save it, then use a different bias setting, save as a different preset in audio bus, and then either preset ends up bringing the exact same bias settings up in Audiobus, it could be a bug in Bias?

• syrupcore could you walk me thru saving and confirming in any app inside audiobus? I may just be doing it wrong. I was following this as best I could

https://audiob.us/app-support-3/help#presets-and-state-saving

• @pipelineaudio said:
    So if I set something up in BIAS from Audio bus, save it, then use a different bias setting, save as a different preset in audio bus, and then either preset ends up bringing the exact same bias settings up in Audiobus, it could be a bug in Bias?

Yes, could be a bug.

If Bias is listed as "supports state saving" you should be able to:

1. Setup Bias however you want.
    2. Save the state in Audiobus
    3. Change your bias settings
    4. Save the state as something new inside of Audiobus
    5. Change your bias settings further
    6. In Audiobus, load either of the saved states and have them bring up exactly what you'd saved previously

If that's not working there's likely a bug in Bias or (less likely) a bug in Audiobus.

• Ok, in Tonestack, which also says it supposrts state saving, I can follow the steps you describe, but no matter what I load, I will get the same tonestack settings.

However, if I close everything, then restart audiobus and load up a preset, it brings up the state saved in tonestack for that audiobus preset. If I load the next audiobus preset, I still get the same state as tonestack was in before I loaded, but if I close audio buss and tonestack then restart audio bus, and call up the new preset, it will load up the correct state in tonestack

• @pipelineaudio said:
    Ok, in Tonestack, which also says it supposrts state saving, I can follow the steps you describe, but no matter what I load, I will get the same tonestack settings.

However, if I close everything, then restart audiobus and load up a preset, it brings up the state saved in tonestack for that audiobus preset. If I load the next audiobus preset, I still get the same state as tonestack was in before I loaded, but if I close audio buss and tonestack then restart audio bus, and call up the new preset, it will load up the correct state in tonestack

That's a bug. The new AB preset should load the correct state for TS. When you save that AB preset does it say state saved for Tonestack along the bottom of AB?

• I will test some more and see

• OK, definitely got the "state saved for tonestack" on the bottom right, but again, loading audiobus presets will not change the sound to the correct state. It requires closing audiobus and tonestack then restarting audiobus to get the correct sound

• after restarting, changing presets will not bring up the correct sound, you need to restart it all again.

But again, hopefully it isnt me doing something wrong, I may not be doing this exactly right