Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus and IAA together?

Since IAA can't save states, and Audiobus doesn't seem like its meant to be an insert like a VST in another app, do you think you could use audiobus to load presets up that will be used by IAA?

Comments

• edited October 2017

IAA can’t be used like a VST either, you’ll need AUv3 for that. Audiobus is more advanced (state saving, midi handling, remote control) for managing standalone audio apps than IAA.

Personally I think IAA is an abomination >:)

• I wish there were a way to use audiobus inside the host as a plug. But really, I think I am just not thinking hard enough. I will see if I can get my brains together and draw out some scenatious I'd like to see, and maybe you guys can prod me the right direction to doing it with audiobus

• Excited to see if anything like desktop AU functionality hits, its kind of game over at that point, between that and the Rewwire/ReaRoute capabilities of Audiobus, that is some serious power!

• You can host IAA apps inside Audiobus 3 (e.g. AUM) and save their state in the Audiobus 3 preset if they support state saving.

• @pipelineaudio said:
    Excited to see if anything like desktop AU functionality hits, its kind of game over at that point,

AU plugins have been on iOS since 2016. There's quite a few of them around, actually ;)

• It doesn't look like any of the ones I need are AU (yet?), but this seems quite hopeful!

• @InfoCheck said:
    You can host IAA apps inside Audiobus 3 (e.g. AUM) and save their state in the Audiobus 3 preset if they support state saving.

For apps that support state saving in Audiobus, if I save an Audiobus preset, does that save their state with it as well, or do I also somehow save the state in that app in audiobus and then save the preset? I'm still pretty unclear on this, trying to fumble my way through the manual. As a DAW/Desktop/VST/ASIO guy, this is all alien to me

• @pipelineaudio said:

@InfoCheck said:
    You can host IAA apps inside Audiobus 3 (e.g. AUM) and save their state in the Audiobus 3 preset if they support state saving.

For apps that support state saving in Audiobus, if I save an Audiobus preset, does that save their state with it as well, or do I also somehow save the state in that app in audiobus and then save the preset? I'm still pretty unclear on this, trying to fumble my way through the manual. As a DAW/Desktop/VST/ASIO guy, this is all alien to me

It depends upon what states the app saves. With AUM, I open up Audiobus 3 first and host the various apps in It and AUM. I then save it as a preset in Audiobus 3 and so long as all of the IAA apps have Audiobus 3 state saving are saved in Audiobus 3 then everything will be recalled by loading up the Audiobus 3 preset without needing to create a preset in AUM.

AU apps are great as AU hosts like Audiobus 3 and AUM automatically save states.

• Man I can't wait till tonestack and BIAS and Fiddlicator become AU, if AU on iOs is anything like AU desktop!