Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: KISS "Alive II" 40th Anniversary

I know a lot of you guys come from a more synth-oriented music background. For me, KISS was a major childhood influence, and while I like to think my tastes have broadened, matured, and refined since then, those early influences always will hold a dear place.

With that, I'd like to point out that KISS Alive II celebrates its 40th anniversary today! This was the first album I ever bought with my own money—a double-vinyl my brother and I pooled our allowance and birthday money to purchase. I'll never forget the simple magic of looking through the picture book, staring and the bombastic gatefold concert photo, and most of all sticking on those incredible (temporary) tattoos!

I'm sure most of you have an album you feel like you know better than even the artist who laid down the tracks in the first place. An album for which you know every single nook and cranny. You can hum every buried backing vocal line with pitch perfection. You can Name That Tune in four nanoseconds. For me, Alive II is that album.

When I free myself from my regularly scheduled adult duties for the day, I've got my guitar practice routine set for whatever hours remain. "You wanted the best, you got the best! The hottest band in the world..."

Comments

• edited October 2017

Long ago and faraway, in my youth, I had tickets to see Kiss in the UK. Then I fell out with the bloke who was doing the driving, and couldn’t make alternate arrangements fast enough. Years later I sold the unused tickets on e-bay to a collector, for more than they cost originally!

Today, Mrs Zen and I still love ‘Beth’, ‘A World Without Heroes’ and especially ‘I Was Made For Lovin’ You’. A great song and unintentionally hillarious video.

No one fancies Paul Stanley more than Paul Stanley. ;)

https://youtu.be/zlSFmotba2I

• RJBRJB
    edited October 2017

I grew up with them in high school so I have a soft spot for them as well.

Sadly they’ve had to rewrite some of their lyrics...

I want to Rock and Roll TIL 9 o’clock
    And party every 3rd day...

• edited October 2017

I got it but...it's not completely Alive!

B Side of disc 2 has studio recordings.

I like the album but, honestly, Mr. Criss played the most boring drum solo ever (at the same level that Herman Rarebell on Tokyo Tapes).

NOTE. I like listen to Ace Frehley singing. His firts album in solitary is amazing.

• Also recall seeing Gene Simmons on a British TV show called ‘Rock School’ which first took kids from disadvantaged backgrounds, and tried to get them to form a rock band. Best scene was when kids were taken to Simmons home, and showed his trophy room, filled with Kiss merchandising and dozens of gold discs.

Simmons “This is what selling 100 million records can do.”

• Sometimes when I have trouble sleeping, I like to listen to Gene and Paul reading their audiobooks. Some hilarious stuff there. I haven't listened to them in years, but I still have a soft spot for them. When I was 13, I met them on their first US tour (opening for Black Oak Arkansas) It was my first encounter with rock stars, and they were warm and generous people. I still have a 44 year old Kiss t-shirt that I will always hang on to.

• I know... I know everybody's hot. Everybody's got rock n' roll pneumonia. So let's call out Dr. Love!

• My first album purchase as well. Still remember the temporary tattoos in the sleeves... :)

• @Tovokas said:
    My first album purchase as well. Still remember the temporary tattoos in the sleeves... :)

>

Just now recalling the KISS and Marvel Comics one-off, supposedly printed in real Kiss blood. ;)

The guys said that a small amount of their blood was added to the red ink supplies.

• I remember watching Kiss in the Park live on TV. fml.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Just now recalling the KISS and Marvel Comics one-off, supposedly printed in real Kiss blood. ;)

The guys said that a small amount of their blood was added to the red ink supplies.

Battling Dr. Doom!

And we watched that amazing Kiss vs the Phantom of the Park show live as well. Much later I saw an interview with Paul Stanley where he pointed out that Ace was so drunk during the filming that much of the time he’s doubled by one of the stunt men... :)

• Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park was almost as uncomfortable as the Star Wars Christmas special.
    I feel Ace Frehley is a very underrated guitarist. I can hum almost all of his leads, they were so lyrical and memorable.

• edited October 2017

Just thought of an horrific time travel story....

Kiss versus the Black and White Minstrel show. :) Imagine the finale, with captured Minstrels trilling ‘Uh All Night.’

• @Martygras said:
    Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park was almost as uncomfortable as the Star Wars Christmas special.
    I feel Ace Frehley is a very underrated guitarist. I can hum almost all of his leads, they were so lyrical and memorable.

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park is not improved even when viewed through a lysergic perception. Trust me.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Just thought of an horrific time travel story....

Kiss versus the Black and White Minstrel show. :) Imagine the finale, with captured Minstrels trilling ‘Uh All Night.’

I would pay to see that. Seriously.

• edited October 2017

First band I ever Saw live as a 15 yr old in the UK. Crazy Nights tour, so they were past their initial Make-Up days.

Actually, the first band I ever saw live would have been the Support act, unknown aussie group Kings Of The Sun. After picking up their album a year later they became my favourite band in my teens. Straight up Rock n' Roll.

But KISS. Legends.

My fave track is the super catchy "Tomorrow" off the Unmasked album.