Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordFlow v.2 update is live

Should anyone be interested.
ChordFlow by Dmitry Klochkov
https://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/chordflow/id1219789464?l=da&mt=8
Price is lowered to $5.99

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up. Good price.
    Thanks also to the dev.

• Thanks! I did not buy it before, so time to buy it now! :)

• edited October 2017

Woohoo, new update, I absolutely love this app!

Here are some rough sketches I made with the previous version for a game project that never happened. Anyway, I had two ipads, each running Chordflow into Samplitude on my PC with Massive and Omnisphere vsts. Drums are from Future Drummer into Battery. Did about a dozen sketches in three days. Never could have done it without Chordflow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/par7t9g8j86unu2/AudiogusChordflowSketches-1.m4a?dl=0

• amazing app at an amazing price

• This video did it for me.

Im hoping this can play NeoSoulStudio better than me.

• Thanks for sharing @AudioGus.

• Thanks for the heads up!

• Wow! Insta buy! And finding it taylors to my mellowed side with just an adjustment here and there. Just gave it a quick go running Animoog and Zeonn and it went incredibly smooth, I fell instantly into gratitude.

• edited October 2017

Really great update! <3
    New Song tools are a super addition since you can 'clip launch' sections live and also the pattern editor has some nice refinements like being able to choose the polyphony per colour/channel, plus the overall layout seems better somehow.

If the dev is listening, I would like to suggest that he consider adding some MIDI in options : MIDI clock sync would be my #1 request. I think this would be very useful for some of us!
    Perhaps some MIDI control of pattern switching/transposing/chord entry would be cool to have too.

• awesome tool that works on iPhone

• @receder said:
    Thanks for the heads up. Good price.
    Thanks also to the dev.

+1 to all of the above.

• @AudioGus

Thanks for the ear candy while I wrote some email. Your demos confirm that I will be able to get a wide range of rhythms from Chordflow. Click.

• great update!!

• @AudioGus said:

Here are some rough sketches I made with the previous version for a game project that never happened. Anyway, I had two ipads, each running Chordflow into Samplitude on my PC with Massive and Omnisphere vsts. Drums are from Future Drummer into Battery. Did about a dozen sketches in three days. Never could have done it without Chordflow.

That's pretty interesting.
    Most stuff from ChordFlow I heared so far, sound like that from the Gadget video above.
    Your's is quite different.

• @tja said:

@AudioGus said:

That's pretty interesting.
    Most stuff from ChordFlow I heared so far, sound like that from the Gadget video above.
    Your's is quite different.

Massive and Omnisphere make a huge difference.

• edited October 2017

In the end I do think editing is certainly required but it gives you the basic notes to then play with.

• How do I start Chordflow playing when I start recording in Logic? The iPad is connected via iConnectMidi4+. I'm just trying to understand conceptually how it's supposed to work. I can probably figure out the details.

• @jigglypuff said:
    How do I start Chordflow playing when I start recording in Logic? The iPad is connected via iConnectMidi4+. I'm just trying to understand conceptually how it's supposed to work. I can probably figure out the details.

In Samplitude (a similar PC daw which doesn't have Link) I just hit play whenever and then have to chop and quantize the midi data to fit.

• edited October 2017

@AudioGus That is a pretty good workaround since we're dealing with MIDI data.

You could alternatively use MIDI Link Sync by Coding Cod.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493?mt=8

In my experience, it's a little bit hit and miss though in terms of reliability though and requires setting up each time.
    I would prefer native MIDI Sync if possible, especially if you're planning to use it live with other MIDI clocked devices.
    So I will indulge in some self quoting :p

If the dev is listening, I would like to suggest that he consider adding some MIDI in options : MIDI clock sync would be my #1 request. I think this would be very useful for some of us!
    Perhaps some MIDI control of pattern switching/transposing/chord entry would be cool to have too.

• @Richtowns said:
    This video did it for me.

Chordflow can't make up for choosing the single most cliched, overused chord progression of 20th century pop.

• edited October 2017

@iamspoon said:
    @AudioGus That is a pretty good workaround since we're dealing with MIDI data.

You could alternatively use MIDI Link Sync by Coding Cod.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493?mt=8

I use MIDI Link Sync with my Circuit and it works wonders. Samplitude however does not seem to reliably work very well with it, could be my drivers, my midi interfaces etc etc but in the end I am not doing a bunch of overdubs or anything too complex. Once BM3 has midi export I will likely just use that to send midi files to Samplitude as BM3 has Link and records Chordflow perfectly.

For the most part I just do a single Chordflow session to get the basic notes then edit the midi outside of it. Maybe with this latest version though I will end up more on the Chordflow side as the Octave transpose is a fantastic new addition, whoot!

• Bummer missed the sale :(

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Richtowns said:

Chordflow can't make up for choosing the single most cliched, overused chord progression of 20th century pop.

I didn't watch the video, but I'm assuming the Pachabel thing? Right?

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Richtowns said:

I IV V

• @Richtowns said:

Did he have to use the most cliche and overused chord progression in 20th century pop music?> @JeffChasteen said:

@Richtowns said:

Pachelbel would have been cool, but this was just endless I vi IV V without even a bridge.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Richtowns said:

I IV V

"What the fuck is wrong with that?"
    -Chuck Berry

:)

• I have no idea what the difference is among all the chord apps. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?

• @ipadthai said:
    I have no idea what the difference is among all the chord apps. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?

Most of them are for playing chords in realtime (not my thing). This one is a sequencer with four midi channel outputs that allows you to specify changes at different times (is my thing).

• edited October 2017

@ipadthai said:
    I have no idea what the difference is among all the chord apps. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?

This one, Chordflow, is not like the others that mostly make playing chords a matter of pushing a button. I can see the appeal of those for non-musicians, but voicing chords is part of the art and personally I would never outsource that to an algorithm.

Chordflow allows you to quickly and easily get 4-part counterpoint going over a set of chord changes. It's kind of brilliant, but its raw output is not something I would want to listen to raw. I'm waiting to hear what good musicians can do with it.

• edited October 2017

@ipadthai said:

This one, Chordflow, is not like the others that mostly make playing chords a matter of pushing a button. I can see the appeal of those for non-musicians, but voicing chords is part of the art and personally I would never outsource that to am algorithm.

Chordflow allows you to quickly and easily get 4-part counterpoint going over a set of chord changes. It's kind of brilliant, but its raw output is not something I would want to listen to raw. I'm waiting to hear what good musicians can do with it.

As a hobbiest lacking music theory if I were to go beyond a sketch I would end up exporting it pretty quickly to a DAW and end up in the same cut/paste, hunt/peck process I always had and it would not save me that much time. To me it just gives a novel shortcut to give an arrangement of notes I would not have otherwise come up with on my own.

For a good musician I imagine they probably don't need this as by definition of being good they likely have this stuff under wraps and can even play. So it may simply be redundant or if there is some value in it then it would be as an extra learning tool and you would not want to stay within the inherit training wheel limitations of it for long. Or I am 100% wrong. ;)