Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Where is Groove Agent AU for iOS

I loved GA from the first moment on. Good choice of patterns, didn't find the samples of version 1 very great, though.
Only thing comparable on iOS is the Drummer in Garage Band.
Still waiting for something like it. Sure, we got Drum Jam and others. Not quite the same, though.
Any ideas?

Comments

• I should add that Maurice and Magnus are my favorite drummers/sounds in GarageBand. Fits nicely to what I'm doing style wise.
    No objection against acoustic drum kits, they get used by me every now and then, but that is not my focus.

• Have you tried Future Drummer?

• @richardyot said:
    Have you tried Future Drummer?

Looks interesting. How is integration with GB?
    I didn't see AU support mentioned in the description, neither IAA.

• @teleb said:

@richardyot said:

It's not AU but does support IAA. Should OK in GB but I've not tested that combination. I tend to use it with AUM with Link so that the timing is solid.

• I do feel Groove Agent is a prime candidate for another IAP for Cubasis...

• Well groove agent is about £150 so it would need to be a super lite version to be a Cubasis iap!

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Well groove agent is about £150 so it would need to be a super lite version to be a Cubasis iap!

Prices on iOS are smaller, when we take this into consideration, then - I'd pay 50€ for a really great app - would should have some decent functionality.
    50€ sounds much, but add up the prices for the Noise sound packs.
    Steinberg could also with a low price or even zero, then sell individual packs.
    With the software and sounds already in their hand, this should make them some good money. :-)
    And it could make me switch back to Cubasis, but only after they support MPE.

• @Samu said:
    I do feel Groove Agent is a prime candidate for another IAP for Cubasis...

Would love to see it.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Well groove agent is about £150 so it would need to be a super lite version to be a Cubasis iap!

Groove Agent SE that comes with Cubase is just over 2 GB, I think. Seems doable...

• @teleb Do you know Rock Drum Machine ?

or.. Funk Drummer, Soft Drummer, Future Drummer .. Choose your flavour

• @telecharge said:

@Samu said:
    I do feel Groove Agent is a prime candidate for another IAP for Cubasis...

Would love to see it.

@BiancaNeve said:

Groove Agent SE that comes with Cubase is just over 2 GB, I think. Seems doable...

And IIRC you can buy and use additional packages in GA SE as well. This function is not limited to the full edition.
    Which is cool, just adding the styles that fit what you wanna use.

• @teleb said:
    And IIRC you can buy and use additional packages in GA SE as well. This function is not limited to the full edition.

Yes, there are a number of expansions compatible with SE.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vst/groove_agent/expansions.html

I'm curious to know if you use BeatHawk? It's the closest thing to Groove Agent on iOS that I can think of, and works as a AUv3 plug-in.

• @telecharge said:

@teleb said:

I'm curious to know if you use BeatHawk? It's the closest thing to Groove Agent on iOS that I can think of, and works as a AUv3 plug-in.

No I don't, does it come with a good pattern collection or is it sounds/samples only?

• @teleb said:
    No I don't, does it come with a good pattern collection or is it sounds/samples only?

That depends upon your definition of good, I suppose. :smile: From the app store description...

"Including 2 factory sound packs with 2,000+ samples, 290 presets and dozens of loops"

Those 2 factory sound packs are EDM and Urban, but of course, you can purchase additional expansion packs. For some reason, they don't tell you the number of presets per pack on their website, but they do tell you in the app. For example, Acoustic Drums has 24 presets and 314 samples.

• @richardyot said:

@teleb said:

@richardyot said:

It's not AU but does support IAA. Should OK in GB but I've not tested that combination. I tend to use it with AUM with Link so that the timing is solid.

Interesting, Support for IAA is not listed in the AppStore's product description.

• @LuisMartinez said:
    @teleb Do you know Rock Drum Machine ?

Looks interesting, thanks I'll check it out.

• @telecharge said:

@teleb said:

Thanks for that hint, I'll definitely take a look at it.I knew the app, but never thought of it for some reason.

• @LuisMartinez said:
    @teleb Do you know Rock Drum Machine ?

I took a look at some videos, great product, man.
    Do you happen to know a video which demonstrates interaction/integration with GarageBand?
    I am sticking to Garage Band since a couple of months, it supports MPE and I can continue projects on Mac/LogicProX.