Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soft Drummer updated v2.0

Hi there. A new update for Soft Drummer is available adding the next features:

• MIDI Out
  • Program Change or Midi Note for Live Pads / Fills / Start-Stop
  • Sound Module as MIDI In
  • Improved UI
  • Added swing for 32th notes

Although it is recommended to synchronize with Ableton Link, some users still prefer to use Midi Clock, so we have kept MIDI Clock as an independent connection to MIDI Out / In.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/soft-drummer/id1120957633

Comments

• Good update want to use it in Cubasis but it’s Not showing up as a IAA using my Pad Pro 9.7 latest iOS ? Same with Funk Drummer! Probably a Cubasis problem but annoying !

• Sound module - hurrah!

• Awesome! Great to hear

• Thanks Luis for keeping the Midi clock option. It seems nowadays like my favorite apps are the ones with the most options. Yours are my favorites for drums.

• Great work. Enjoying Midi out with Animoog. Any chance of adding more Midi channels?

• edited October 2017

It's not showing as an IAA for me either....
    We need IAA back and au added

• Does anyone know which controller to use for it to function like a Beatbuddy? I've asked in another thread to no avail :D

• @Gustos said:

Bump!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Gustos said:

Bump!

I’m seeing it as IAA in AUM. iPad Pro 10.5 on iOS 11.0.3.
    Maybe list your app and versions for the developer?

Nice update!
    Ruismaker sequencer into Soft Drummer is fun.

@LuisMartinez would love to see Link fixed in Future Drummer so it doesn’t take over tempo. Thanks!

• edited October 2017

Not showing up in Auria pro as IAA in ios 10.3.3 @LuisMartinez

• @Gustos said:
    Not showing up in Auria pro as IAA in ios 10.3.3 @LuisMartinez

I tested just now in Auria Pro, Garageband and AUM and Soft Drummer appears as Inter App perfectly. Running iOS 11.0.2 , but there should be no problem with iOS 10. Try to reboot.

Seems that the current version of Cubasis has problem showing Inter-App apps ( not only Soft Drummer).

• Hey not for me after restart

• Working nicely in AUM on Air2+Mini2+iPhone6+SE all running IOS 10.3.3.

• Woohoo, midi midi midi!

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2017

@Gustos You have to add SoftDrummer or FutureDrummer into the insert slot of the midi channel of Auria as seen in the screenshot of LuisMartinez, they are not visible as instruments - as i will explain:

@LuisMartinez

FutureDrummer and SoftDrummer implement the IAA generator interface, as one can see in the AUM screenshot

• Auria allows to add IAA generators and IAA effects into the insert slot of midi and audio tracks. If SoftDrummer or FutureDrummere were IAA instruments, one could select them into the instrument slot of a midi track like the Model 15 in this screenshot.

• Cubasis also allows to add IAA instruments as instruments onto midi tracks, and IAA effects into insert slots. Your IAA generators can not be added.

• AUM allows to add IAA generators and IAA instruments into tracks and IAA effects into effect slots.

Implementing the IAA instrument protocoll would allow to add you drum apps directly into the midi tracks of the DAWs.
    An IAA instrument will receive midi, midi clock and start/stop (and perhaps song position pointer) from the host via the IAA protocoll, there is no need to setup midi-channels or midi in sources in the instrument app. Most host apps automatically show the instruments icon and some use the name of the instrument as track name.

• Hi @LuisMartinez,
    would Soft Drummer be indicated for live use, for voice and guitar?
    Would it be easy and quick to organize the beats for an eclectic repertoire (cover) of 300 songs?
    I bought Supermetronome, but unfortunately it does not have these new features. Any prevision? Thank you

• Soft Drummer is awesome - however, is there a simple way to use iRig Blueboard to control start and stop on the latest version? The tutorial on a Rock Drum Machne was way too complicated for my wee head

• @MikeN said:
    Soft Drummer is awesome - however, is there a simple way to use iRig Blueboard to control start and stop on the latest version? The tutorial on a Rock Drum Machne was way too complicated for my wee head

I need to know this as well. My Blueboard arrived yesterday and I've been working through various App scenarios. I'll add this one to my list and share what I learn.

Is there a standard CC typically used for MIDI Transport signaling?

• Wow. The "Soft Drummer" App description on iTunes shows:

-- Notes Mode
    Play / Stop - Midi Note G2 / Program Change 13
    Midi CC 0: Rhythm
    Midi CC 7: Master Volume
    Midi CC 11: Swing
    Midi CC 32: Bank
    Midi CC 91: Reverb Gain
    Select Soundset: Program Change (Notes Live Pad Mode)

--- Live Pad Midi Controls:
    * Program Change Mode (default setting)
    PC 0 to PC7 : Select Pad
    PC8: Fill
    PC12: Fill for the next Pad change
    PC10: Fill for every Pad change
    PC11: Fill & Start / End
    PC13: Play

• Notes Mode (default setting)
      C3 to G3 : Select Pad
      C2: Fill
      D2: Fill for the next Pad change
      E2: Fill for every Pad change
      A2: Fill & Start / End.

• Song Mode Controls: (Notes Live Pad Mode)
      Midi Note C2: Preview Song
      Midi Note D2: Next Song

• Double press to edit a part or song

• Long press to move parts or songs

Famous LAST WORDS - "This should be easy".

• Done.

Dowload the IK Multimedia Blueboard App.

Fire it up. It comes up by Default in "PC Change Mode".
    So we want a button to send "Program Change 13" for Soft Drummer Start/Stops.

Hold the A Button on the Blueboard and turn it on. This selects the "PC Change" Mode.

Hold "B" Power On selects "Note over MIDI Mode" A=C3, B=D3, C=E3, D=F3 (HOW WOULD I SEND A G3? "No va".)

Hold C Power On selects CC's over MIDI optional mode.

In the BlueBoard App TAP to select you local BlueBoard.

It defaults to A=001 B=002 etc. We need to scroll up until one button is PC = 013.

3 taps of up and A shows PC 13 but it's a TRICK.
    The Blueboard App is off by 1. This happens a lot with any scale that start from ZERO. BlueBoard App's 13 is PC=12.

Button B will start and stop Soft Drummer using PC=13 even though BlueBoard calls it PC=14. Go figure.

NOW Soft Drummer needs to be accepting MIDI from the BlueBoard so Open the MIDUI config page and select the BlueBoard App for MIDI in.

Do these things and you should have a way to start/stop Soft Drummer with BlueBoard using Button B.

Now how does this external expression pedal work?

FYI: IK Multimedia gets a lot of crap here because SampleTank is 6 years old and still runs on my iPad 1 and the samples had to fit on a 256MB system so they are small and so on...

But I have so many of their hardware devices and they just give me a lot of joy. Their Apps really are good when they get updated or are current designs but they charge like a desktop co and they get little love for that reason. Greedy we call them but they have been making payroll and shipping new gear for over 20 years from a small town in Northern Italy. They just endure and keep making payroll and shipping new stuff to market.

SampleTank for the Desktop just updated with 250+ GB of samples. So, we'll probably see another IOS SampleTank with some strategy to deal with our limited storage situation.

I'm liking this BlueBoard. It looks like I'll find a lot of applications.
    The first I tackled was Loopy HD and it's OK. Mushy buttons but it works well. I just need to practice. Loopy came up ready to rock using the BlueBoard App as the conduit.