Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SeekBeats 1.4 update

Comments

• Earlier someone lamented that FX don’t record with the stems, but there is an additional FX out (as well as individual drum outs).

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Earlier someone lamented that FX don’t record with the stems, but there is an additional FX out (as well as individual drum outs).

It was more that you don't get individual drum outs if they're running through the EFX board. The EFX out is a bus of everything running through any FX.

Also, now I'm getting the buzz @Cristus mentioned earlier when loading the EFX out in AUM. :/

• edited October 2017

Love SeekBeats, love this update, insta-purchase!

I got 2 quirks with it. I'm messing around with the new distortion, switching "Type" of distortion and easily I get a buzz/noise (static buzz), I'm still trying to find what's causing it, doesn't seem to be the outs clipping. 2nd thing is the note retrigger, anyone had issues where the volume fade parameters doesn't seem to do anything? iPad Air, iOS 10.3.3

Anyway, awesome update. Why can't we have hardware synthdrums of this caliber, Arturia? :p

• Are you guys able to get SeekBeats to receive midi data on any channel other than Channel 1? I've tried sending from ModStep and Xequence, and I have to have SB configured to receive on ch 1 for it to work.

I agree with others' comments about the sound of SeekBeats. I keep coming back to it.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:
    Are you guys able to get SeekBeats to receive midi data on any channel other than Channel 1? I've tried sending from ModStep and Xequence, and I have to have SB configured to receive on ch 1 for it to work.

I agree with others' comments about the sound of SeekBeats. I keep coming back to it.

It works for all midi channel Maybe you have to select the proper channel midi out in your apps Modstep or Xequence....

• @Cristus said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:
    Are you guys able to get SeekBeats to receive midi data on any channel other than Channel 1? I've tried sending from ModStep and Xequence, and I have to have SB configured to receive on ch 1 for it to work.

It works for all midi channel Maybe you have to select the proper channel midi out in your apps Modstep or Xequence....

Ok, yeah, I had the channels in/out set the same. Thanks for confirming it's just me, I'll dig deeper.

• Just got another update... and the EFX out still buzzes like crazy in AUM. :/

• This is my favorite drum apps. I just wish I could set record on and off, undo as well as randomize by midi.
    MIDIIiIiiiiii!!!!!

• I made a demo video for the new stuff yesterday and forgot to post it here. Anyway here it is.

• @Philippe said:
    This is my favorite drum apps. I just wish I could set record on and off, undo as well as randomize by midi.
    MIDIIiIiiiiii!!!!!

Yeah undo would be superb, but I'm shocked at how often I forget it's missing!

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I made a demo video for the new stuff yesterday and forgot to post it here. Anyway here it is.

Always grateful for you, Doug! Happy to already be a patron.

• @DCJ said:

@Philippe said:
    This is my favorite drum apps. I just wish I could set record on and off, undo as well as randomize by midi.
    MIDIIiIiiiiii!!!!!

Yeah undo would be superb, but I'm shocked at how often I forget it's missing!

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I made a demo video for the new stuff yesterday and forgot to post it here. Anyway here it is.

Always grateful for you, Doug! Happy to already be a patron.

Thank you :)

• edited October 2017

Has anyone got Ruismaker MIDI in to SeekBeats working? It does not look like you can program in the separate channels.

@brambos @rugoso

• Would love to see full midi support. Please let us map our controllers to this amazing app

• does the sound of your kickdrums vanish, when you use a hihat?
    because it happens to me

• @panthera said:
    does the sound of your kickdrums vanish, when you use a hihat?
    because it happens to me

Check your chokes
    Are those sliders on the right side of the sound page

• thx. didnt know about them, i should have read the manual, i reinstalled the app, now everything is good

• @mschenkel.it thank, you! didnt know about those sliders, i deleted and i reinstalled the app, now everythang is good

• edited June 2018

Okay, I dug around a bit trying to find an answer to this... Is there no midi learn w/ seekbeats aside from the drum triggers and pattern select? What about snapshots? k

Edit: Hilarious, the answer is a few comments back... How this app can be so awesome and so lacking in midi is serious blueballs... hopefully that gets sorted asap because I'm building a thingy in TouchOSC, really want to be able to control several apps at once and tiny violins are playing for me right now...

• Can seekbeats load users own samples?

• Nope, it's synthesis but pretty good.

• Seekbeats blows every other synth drum away. Decided to stray away from the Linn and such, and this is so easy and intuitive. The envelopes section is just perfect. What a freakin app.

• In my day, drums were steady and relatively unchanging, and also, they were backing. This app changes all of that, like some kind of thing that changes something or other. If you want your drums to be highly prominent and foreground, soaking up all the attention, and never returning to the same state twice, this is the thing (for whatever reason you might want that).

• @u0421793 said:
    In my day, drums were steady and relatively unchanging, and also, they were backing. This app changes all of that, like some kind of thing that changes something or other. If you want your drums to be highly prominent and foreground, soaking up all the attention, and never returning to the same state twice, this is the thing (for whatever reason you might want that).

You have a point but that's not what I'm using it for. I just wanted different voices for a basic kick, snare, and hihat, and it's a breeze to 'program' what you have in mind. Compared to something like Stroke Machine, it's a cinch.

• @oat_phipps said:

@u0421793 said:
    In my day, drums were steady and relatively unchanging, and also, they were backing. This app changes all of that, like some kind of thing that changes something or other. If you want your drums to be highly prominent and foreground, soaking up all the attention, and never returning to the same state twice, this is the thing (for whatever reason you might want that).

You have a point but that's not what I'm using it for. I just wanted different voices for a basic kick, snare, and hihat, and it's a breeze to 'program' what you have in mind. Compared to something like Stroke Machine, it's a cinch.

Sometimes I’m happy with a basic 909 kick, snare, and hat. But sometimes I want to go beyond that. Agreed - it’s a breeze and the results are quite nice!

• edited October 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    Seekbeats blows every other synth drum away. Decided to stray away from the Linn and such, and this is so easy and intuitive. The envelopes section is just perfect. What a freakin app.

Isn't it though?! I LOVE the way he's created basically infinity variable envelopes. It's astounding what you can get out this thing with those envelopes. I've never seen any perc synth with something like it.

I just wish there was a way to control parameters via midi and not just via velocity.

• Question about Seekbeats from a newbie... does each drum patch in the pattern use exactly the same synthesiser? Or does it feature different synths for different kinds of sounds? (like elastic drums)

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Question about Seekbeats from a newbie... does each drum patch in the pattern use exactly the same synthesiser? Or does it feature different synths for different kinds of sounds? (like elastic drums)

Late reply, but yes it is 8 times the same synth engine. The thing is, what a synth engine! SeekBeats with all its parameters is like having a full-blown 8 channel drum synth eurorack with extensive effects and a sequencer. With its dual VCO's, noise, filter, amazing graphic envelope options, and clever routing of the filtering you can create any drum sound category.

I have Elastic drums and while the sound generation engines are great for certain drum sounds, SeekBeats is a notch up for me.

On the other hand Elastic drums has the upper hand with MIDI learn, Bluetooth MIDI, automation recording and sample manipulation, as well as more engines for melodic/bass/noise (drone, fm, bass, grain)

On a side note, I have contacted the developer recently to ask if he was planning on adding MIDI learn, as that feature would make SB a staple in studio production, to work with it hands on with a controller instead of the screen.

I also asked if he considered the now increasingly popular parameter lock for Seekbeats and automation/performance recording of the modulations of SeekBeats into the patterns

I'd go-fund those features

• I have just started using this again recently. I find myself asking - why??... have I left it so long. I hadn’t even bought the effects pack, though I have now.
    It is totally brilliant if you are into electronic music.

• I thought it just had been updated. The title is from 2017 though.

• I like Seekbeats a lot, but for me it's been superseded by Drambo. Though if Seekbeats was AU3 I might change my mind.