Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 vs werkBench?

I have BM3 but haven’t really dived into it . Besides creating velocity layers, what can BM3 do that wekBemch can’t? WB is so beautifully designed now!

Comments

• Apples and oranges.

• I figured.. How so? I’m guessing BM3 is more full featured and WB is quicker and easier? Which do you prefer? I’m guessing BM3 just by way of following this forum and what I’ve been seeing.

• If you’re trying to decide if you need it or if it’s redundant with what you already have... I’d say WerkBench is its own unique beast and I can’t imagine any kind of user not being giddily overjoyed with it. Fun, fast, unique, versatile, stabile and inspiring.

• @skiphunt : That’s what it seems like to me. I’ve seen one or two small threads about it but it doesn’t seem to get enough love . Do you use BM3 also?

• WB is the starter drug. By the time you get to BM3 you have a problem.

• Ha ha ha ha!

• @Telstar5 said:
    @skiphunt : That’s what it seems like to me. I’ve seen one or two small threads about it but it doesn’t seem to get enough love . Do you use BM3 also?

Yes, but my expertise is very much novice level. With WerkBench, you can be making magic within minutes, creatively using any ol’ object around you, or just making percussive sounds with your mouth. It’s really worth the cost and it’s instant fun.

• BM3 changed my life. It is perfect for me.

• Easy. Buy Werkbench and delete BM3. Features schmeatures. I get the impression that you like to dive into things without much setup, in which case BM3 is not for you. WB is immediate and all on one screen sitting there ready to go.

• Get to know BM3. It gives back exponentialy the amount of effort you put into it.

(Not sure which one I am here.)

• @aaronpc said:
    Easy. Buy Werkbench and delete BM3. Features schmeatures. I get the impression that you like to dive into things without much setup, in which case BM3 is not for you. WB is immediate and all on one screen sitting there ready to go.

I love love love BM3... but now you have me curious about Werkbench and not just because it sounds like the Amiga OS... well partly because it sounds like the Amiga OS and it would be fun to say I am using Workbench again. Any good vids that boil it down well?

• They both sample. That's about the end of the comparison.

• Just checked out Doug's video on Werkbench. The key difference to me seems to be that BM3 is well suited for extracting/chopping samples out of long recordings whereas Werkbench is geared more towards playing back shorter contained sounds.

• Bit of a mismatch. I would compare BM3 to iMPC Pro and Beathawk first. Then to the DAWs like Cubasis, Auria Pro, MTS, etc. Workbench I would put up against iSpark, ElasticDrums, maybe Patterning, etc.

• Good lord, man. Just go look at the yoo-tube. You may as well as ask the difference between a tangerine and an orangutan.

This is a very fine wine.

• Or maybe the difference between a keyboard and a recording studio.

• Werkbench is an instrument. BM3 is a composition tool.

Feed werkbench into BM3.

• @echoera, that was brilliant..
    @AudioGus , good comment on the comparison

• edited October 2017

You can do everything wb does in bm3. Reverse is not true.

PS read what @echoopera wrote.

• can someone explain what the white arrow is above the pattern/ track list does in the song mode sequencer window? it isnt in the manual

• @LeonLeroy said:
    can someone explain what the white arrow is above the pattern/ track list does in the song mode sequencer window? it isnt in the manual

It resets all the patterns to be under song mode (timeline) control rather than scene control.

• @ecamburn said:
    You can do everything wb does in bm3. Reverse is not true.

PS read what @echoopera wrote.

Yes, although the effort tied to creating something in BM3 is significantly higher than WB.

• WERKbenck... KRAFT is missing at the beginning.

BOOM BOOM TSCHACK easy as a drunk gigolo.
    I love this app.

• @wim said:

@LeonLeroy said:
    can someone explain what the white arrow is above the pattern/ track list does in the song mode sequencer window? it isnt in the manual

It resets all the patterns to be under song mode (timeline) control rather than scene control.

thank you very much!

• Workbench is a simplistic sampling stepsequencer, more like a toy really...is it fun...yes...is it serious, not so much.
    Beatmaker3 competes against hardware samplers like the akaipro MPC live head to head.

• But workbench seems to have more (as they call “fancy”) fx to mangle the samples..

• @Telstar5 said:
    But workbench seems to have more (as they call “fancy”) fx to mangle the samples..

uh. No.

• @Telstar5 said:
    But workbench seems to have more (as they call “fancy”) fx to mangle the samples..

You can load up BM3 with nice AU and IAA fx for manglage. The AUs are nicely automated Gadget style too.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Workbench is a simplistic sampling stepsequencer, more like a toy really...is it fun...yes...is it serious, not so much.

I agree with what you wrote, but ultimately it's the artist, not the tools. Check out Justin Walter's use of Werkbench. He can play everything on this album live -- and does -- and has no need for a DAW:

• It's a classic sumo matchup between size and speed. Or a tangerine and an orangutan. Can't decide.