Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything remotely like Octatraxk mk ll on iOS?

They finally refreshed it.. Thise comb filters though..

Comments

• So in a nutshell, what does this give you that the Digitakt doesn't have?

• I’m not an expert but it had something to do with the fact that the digikat has no song mode. If you google it it should be easy to find . I saw it somewhere but I can’t remember where

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So in a nutshell, what does this give you that the Digitakt doesn't have?

Some quick/nutshell comparisons:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/5p47i2/what_are_the_main_differences_between_the/

More detailed comparisons (350+ posts):
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-vs-octatrack/36487

Detailed video comparison:

• holy cow that was fast and thorough!

• edited October 2017

I wish I had loads of money, I’d buy one of these in a heartbeat.

• Ha ha, I just found that and was ready to post .

• edited October 2017

The killer setup is Octatrack mkll, The new Zoom 12 track recorder, the Squarp Pyramid sequencer and finally an iPad Pro for Geoshred, Guitarism, Fully loaded Sampletank..thumbjam, , Syntronik, etc.

• does the zoom 12 track have side chain comp?

• Dunno but it does have built in simple compression . Class compliant , too.

• There's really nothing like the OT on the iOS platform, at least none I can think of. BM3 will give you some of the sample editing and effects in a groovebox like format, but you don't get any of the performance features like scenes or parts on the OT.

• edited October 2017

Maybe werkbench for iPad would be the closest thing around

http://www.bolasol.com/werkbench/

• @echoopera : werkBench is a beautifully designed app but you can’t mangle and modify the sample content like you can on Octatrack .. Do you use werkBench? What can BM3 do that wekBemch can’t?

• no, but you might like Protein der klang, don't have it currently installed and not sure about it's current state... Pierre the dev did tell me a while back that he is going to update it though. One of the cool things you can do with it from memory is sample on the fly into a pad to trigger all in sync. check out all of the vids

• @Telstar5 said:
    @echoopera : werkBench is a beautifully designed app but you can’t mangle and modify the sample content like you can on Octatrack .. Do you use werkBench? What can BM3 do that wekBemch can’t?

Yeah. Fwiw, I just received my Octatrack mk2...down the rabbit hole I go. <3

• Lol... Please keep us posted! Did you have the previous version before that?

• @echoopera : Oh no... Do you have BOTH Squarp Pyramid and Octatrack?

• edited October 2017

@Telstar5 said:
    @echoopera : Oh no... Do you have BOTH Squarp Pyramid and Octatrack?

No. Just the Octatrack. First piece of elektron gear.

Was going to do the Digitakt. But I knew I would miss the lack of Song mode so I saved for several months more.

• edited October 2017
  • Great decision!!! Seems like both Octatrack and Squarp would be a bit of overkill .. Great setup!

• @echoopera said:
    The setup...for now

Hubba hotness

• edited October 2017

@Telstar5 said:
    Great decision!!! Seems like both Octatrack and Squarp would be a bit of overkill .. Great setup!

Yeah. I originally wanted the Squarp Pyramid, but for the money the Digitakt made more sense since I could use it for audio manipulation. When I heard that the Octatrack was getting Conditional trigs I decided to hold off and spend the additional money on getting Song modes and time stretching capabilities.

Here’s a quick day one study with the kit:

Going to test out sampling Groovebox and BlocsWave directly into it and mangle things a bit...at some point...

• @echoopera said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Great decision!!! Seems like both Octatrack and Squarp would be a bit of overkill .. Great setup!

Yeah. I originally wanted the Squarp Pyramid, but for the money the Digitakt made more sense since I could use it for audio manipulation. When I heard that the Octatrack was getting Conditional trigs I decided to hold off and spend the additional money on getting Song modes and time stretching capabilities.

Here’s a quick day one study with the kit:

Going to test out sampling Groovebox and BlocsWave directly into it and mangle things a bit...at some point...

The Circuit seems to be doing a lot of the work there, what's the Octatrack doing in that clip.

I must stop watching these videos, they're making my credit card twitchy...

• edited October 2017

The octatrack was sequencing everything in this setup:

It can sequence up to 8 midi channels:
    Midi 1: circuit synth 1
    Midi 2: circuit synth 2
    Midi 3: Toraiz as-1
    Midi 10: circuit 4 drum pads

Sorry to tempt you o:)

• @echoopera said:
    The octatrack was sequencing everything in this setup:

It can sequence up to 8 midi channels:
    Midi 1: circuit synth 1
    Midi 2: circuit synth 2
    Midi 3: Toraiz as-1
    Midi 10: circuit 4 drum pads

Sorry to tempt you o:)

Oh blimey, that is good.

Is it possible to send separate MIDI patterns to the Circuit using the iPad?

• I sold my Octatrack (mk 1, but functionalities are the same) and bought an ipad pro.
    Couldn’t be happier, my experience was that the octratrack it is not an easy machine, there are a lot of things to learn by heart, and the ipad -for my workflow- is ten thousand times more flexible: sequencers, drum machines, fx, synths.... At the end of the story, I can export all the stems from auria or cubasis and finish my projects on the pc. With the octratrack, I had to record in real time each tracks, eight times, with an additional da / ad conversion and a lot of wasted time.
    Octatrack can be a fantastic machine for live, so it really depends on what you are going to do.

• @TheXOR : Whoa, I couldn’t have asked for better than that .. Thanks so much for that perspective!

• Yeah - I sold my Octatrack too - PITA to use.
    The iPad and all of the great apps we have leaves it for dead.
    Its also only a matter of (a short) time before we get all that it does on IOS in one app - we are nearly there !!

• Yep. I love my iPad Pro and apps. Honestly I bought the OT because I wanted a multichannel midi sequencer with knobs and keys that could also be used as an instrument and used in a stand-alone DAWless workflow.

The OT checked all the boxes.

• @echoopera said:
    Yep. I love my iPad Pro and apps. Honestly I bought the OT because I wanted a multichannel midi sequencer with knobs and keys that could also be used as an instrument and used in a stand-alone DAWless workflow.

The OT checked all the boxes.

I think that’s how it’d work for me as I like recording live jams. I haven’t got any hardware MIDI synths, and can’t afford an OT, but do something similar on the iPad via AUM and iOS apps.

Fingers crossed for an OT type app one day...