Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Sound Canvas Updated-

Wow listening to the built in demo songs... pretty neat!

Comments

• Can we hear too? Or only if you own it?

• SOUND Canvas by Roland Corporation
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sound-canvas/id952549036?mt=8

There's a little demo there.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    SOUND Canvas by Roland Corporation
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sound-canvas/id952549036?mt=8

There's a little demo there.

Ok. I figured out that the demo video is muted by default, but just listened and agree with OP. Thank you @BiancaNeve.

• Yes, had this one since launch. Great sounds, small memory and multi-timbral.

• @Trueyorky said:
    Yes, had this one since launch. Great sounds, small memory and multi-timbral.

Always consigned to Tier Two by me, must dig it out and have a poke about etc.

• edited October 2017

Customers Also Bought

[Korg App] [Korg App] [Korg App] [Korg App] [Korg App]

:D

• Not much of a update Roland are hardware only.

• What can you do with it? I bought it as soon as it was released but I never knew what I could actually do with those sweet sounds.

• @syrupcore said:

Customers Also Bought

[Korg App] [Korg App] [Korg App] [Korg App] [Korg App]

:D

hahaha. That's great!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    What can you do with it? I bought it as soon as it was released but I never knew what I could actually do with those sweet sounds.

Point a sequencer at it. It can play 16 (32?) parts simultaneously on different MIDI channels. Instead of setting up N different target apps, just set up N instrument slots within Sound Canvas.

• where might the little demo be?

• It’s alive!

I don’t know what kind of witchcraft Roland did in those demos but the quality of what I have been able to do with the same sounds it’s not even close. Maybe Roland hardware to unlock some editing functions?

• Does anyone know how to set the midi channels, so if I want more than one instrument playing on channel one, like piano, flute and strings etc etc

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Does anyone know how to set the midi channels, so if I want more than one instrument playing on channel one, like piano, flute and strings etc etc

I don't think it can be done inside the app. But surely, layering can be achived with a little help from MidiFire or MidiFlow...

• @Lacm1993 said:
    It’s alive!

I don’t know what kind of witchcraft Roland did in those demos but the quality of what I have been able to do with the same sounds it’s not even close.

Hire Jordan Rudess?

• I’m a midiot so no wonder I can’t figure out how to use this app. Love the sound samples tho.

• I think Roland states in the app description that they used insertion effects which I’m not sure if they’re available.

• edited October 2017

@Lady_App_titude said:

@Lacm1993 said:
    It’s alive!

I don’t know what kind of witchcraft Roland did in those demos but the quality of what I have been able to do with the same sounds it’s not even close.

Hire Jordan Rudess?

Jajaja. Whaaaaat?. I don’t think Rudess made those Demos... sound more like the stock demos they put in keyboards. I bet there’s some effects, MIDI CC or something in sound canvas that can’t be accessed easily... need to read the manual again.

• edited October 2017

Yes, there are insert effects and other hidden parameters, which require sending sysex/rpn/nrpn to access. All relevant values are listed in the original manual.

• I got Quantum to send to different midi channels into RSC!
    You have to go into each part and specify each instrument. The. You can have Quantum point to each instrument by selecting that channel inside Quantum.

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Does anyone know how to set the midi channels, so if I want more than one instrument playing on channel one, like piano, flute and strings etc etc

• edited October 2017

Watch Doug’s great video :)

• I just made a new video for the update too, I really love the sounds in SC, and @MusicMan4Christ this may also be cool beans in ModStep also

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Easy peasy workaround for layering sounds in RSC with a little help from MidiFlow.
    Example with 4 layers:
    Make four lanes in MidiFlow, and restrict channels in each of the four lanes to ch 1 - 4

Choose the instruments for the layering in RSC

Thats it. I guess you can get away with 16 layers this way, should you wish to do so.

• That’s brilliant, I shall be trying this later, thanks for that

• @busker said:
    Yes, there are insert effects and other hidden parameters, which require sending sysex/rpn/nrpn to access. All relevant values are listed in the original manual.

This is correct, it's pretty much akin to the MT-32, you can tweek lots of parameters you just need to use the correct sysex message, if you save the sysex in a .mid file load and play it, in theory it should recall those settings.

• @Lacm1993 said:
    It’s alive!

I don’t know what kind of witchcraft Roland did in those demos but the quality of what I have been able to do with the same sounds it’s not even close. Maybe Roland hardware to unlock some editing functions?

Could be, one of the 'insert effects' can only be accessed using SysEX (There is no UI for editing it in the iOS version). I had hopes that Roland would bring the iOS version on par with the Desktop version which includes full editing of the drum-kits, effects routing etc. (AUv3 support would have been nice too, it's already an AU on the desktop).

• Pressing the ‘Level’ button reveals reverb, delay, pan etc. and yes much more can be accessed over MIDI.

• Here’s a video I did a while back showing RSC driven by Different Drummer with Midi Breakout Box handling the RSC patches with presets...