Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3

What all do I have to buy in order to run Tonestack plus Fiddlicator and maybe BIAS FX in Audiobus at the same time. RIght now I have Audiobus 2 (all my iPad Mini1 can run) and it has an add on I guess that I'd have to buy to run more than one effect. I'm about to get an iPad Air, so I should be able to run audiobus 3, but not sure which pieces I need to buy for it

Comments

• I am confused. Pieces of what?

• @pipelineaudio said:
    What all do I have to buy in order to run Tonestack plus Fiddlicator and maybe BIAS FX in Audiobus at the same time. RIght now I have Audiobus 2 (all my iPad Mini1 can run) and it has an add on I guess that I'd have to buy to run more than one effect. I'm about to get an iPad Air, so I should be able to run audiobus 3, but not sure which pieces I need to buy for it

An iPad Air should manage Audiobus 3 with all your mentioned apps loaded,
    but you should consider at least an Air 2. No extra pieces needed.

• I mean what after the fact in app purchases do I need to get in Audiobus 3

• wimwim
    edited October 2017

I don't recall any iAP needed to run more than one effect on AudioBus2. You needed an IAP in order to have more than one "lane" (set of inputs > FX > output), but you could always add more than one app in the input / FX / output positions. It was a long time ago, but I think that's right.

Anyway, with AB3 I don't think there are even any IAPs. It's all there. Damn app store doesn't let me verify that any more, but I really don't remember purchasing any IAPs with AB3, and I don't see any options to do so either.

My Air 2 works great still. But my rule of thumb with hardware is 1) Wait as long as you can stand it to buy because something better will come out within a month if you purchase on impulse, and 2) Get the most powerful you can possibly afford because devices become obsolete far too fast as it is.

Rule 2 has been thrown for a loop with all the reports of audio problems with the new iPad pros. But after months of pain even those seem to be on the verge of being sorted.

• Nothing extra really needed then. AB3 comes fully fuctional, AB2 had the upgrade to mutiple channels. You could add AB Remote if you have another compatible device and want remote control functionality. And the optional MidiFX are useful for Midi workflows, but not used for audio-only workflows.

• Im still trying to learn Audiobus 2 until my iPad Mini4 or Air 2 gets here. I cant see any way to add more than 1 Effects to a chain, every time I click it it takes me to the app store. I thought I was following the tutorials correctly, how would I put say Tonestack and Fliddlicator in the Effects slot?