Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to do multiple unison arpeggiators?

edited October 2017 in General App Discussion

For a project I'm doing, I would like to use an arpeggiator, and use it do drive multiple samples in unison - so one arp drives 8 samplers each recieving the same info from the arp (but on different midi channels)
Any ideas for a very simple way to do this?
I have most of the good IOS arps already, but wondered if anyone could suggest the simplest approach to this task.

Comments

• edited October 2017

Or simply put - polyphonic midi voice distribution

• Can you convert all 8 samples into a single sample that you then arpeggiate? Or do you have different routings, effects, etc. across all 8 samples?

• edited October 2017

all different - many Kontakt sampler tracks driven by IOS - with multiple audio outs being recorded in DAW

• Set all of them to the same midi channel? Or am i missing something?

• I was thinking about attempting Polymer - which does a lot more.
    Should have been more specific with this question as its part of a more complicated setup in the end...
    http://polymer-app.com/ - but this is not IOS

• Midi being serial tho, might have an issue with that, depending your routing. Network session might do the trick.

• The old school way would probably use a midi patchbay, or daisy chaining midi thru to the next midi in.

• BS-16i might be worth a look...if I understood your question. That would be the sound source, and there are several sequencers out there.

• Forgot to add that uses Soundfonts, in case that mattered.

• @Mayo said:
    all different - many Kontakt sampler tracks driven by IOS - with multiple audio outs being recorded in DAW

Oh, okay, gotcha. With Kontakt it’s very easy to setup a “rack” with the amount of instruments you’re needing. And unless I’m mistaken, you’re wanting to drive 8 different samples / Instruments from a single arpeggiator on iOS? Assuming you are wanting that Arp to play a pattern that all 8 Kontakt instruments will respond to. If that’s the case just set all 8 to receive the same MIDI channel in Kontakt and you can retain all of your output routings. Then it’s just a matter of connecting your iOS device to your computer via an interface or USB. At least, I think that is what you’re asking how to do......?

• Midibridge or midifire or midiflow

Any of them would let you take one midi input and copy that onto 8 Chanels

• edited October 2017

@BiancaNeve - thank you, this is what I'm looking for.
    (sorry to all - my question was not really clear: unison is the wrong term :| )

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Midibridge or midifire or midiflow

Any of them would let you take one midi input and copy that onto 8 Chanels

You won!