Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Does anyone enjoy artsy drawing/creative apps?

I've been enjoying Procreate for some time now, now pixikai and Photoshopping in affinity. Anyone else enjoy this other awesome habit to have on our machine? Any other cool recommendations along those lines? I've got my eye on this putty3d app that looks amazing

Comments

• I guess "photoshopping in affinity" is kind of a Kleenex to tissue kind of statement... but photo editing sounds to professional for me

• ArtStudio and Pixelmator are 2 of my favorites. Then add some effects with iColorama is just splendid.

• arstudio is fun. Sketchclub is also another cool one

• Oooh, it looks like art studio is getting a pro version soon. You can sign up for beta testing now

• I've been interested in pixelmator for some time. Does it bring anything new to the table? I love Procreate a lot but something with more tools would be cool

• @DrippyFaucet said:
    I've been enjoying Procreate for some time now, now pixikai and Photoshopping in affinity. Anyone else enjoy this other awesome habit to have on our machine? Any other cool recommendations along those lines? I've got my eye on this putty3d app that looks amazing

Procreate is one off my favorites. never heard of putty3d till just now. i’m gonna have to pick that one up for sure. i love sculpting in real life. i sculpted these a few years back. the mask was sculpted in clay and cast latex mask a few years back

• also try InkPad if you like vector
    art apps

• @DrippyFaucet said:
    I've been interested in pixelmator for some time. Does it bring anything new to the table? I love Procreate a lot but something with more tools would be cool

It is more limited that Art Studio but has very nice effects. I don’t care for the way it handles layers, I am more use to the Photoshop way that is more like Art Studio.

• @eross said:

@DrippyFaucet said:

Procreate is one off my favorites. never heard of putty3d till just now. i’m gonna have to pick that one up for sure. i love sculpting in real life. i sculpted these a few years back. the mask was sculpted in clay and cast latex mask a few years back

Those rule! I love that stuff as well. Wish I had more to show for it though. That alien jar is wild

• My free and unapologetically-casual visuals app Springle might be of interest. A sound engine is being added as we speak.

• Procreate and Affinity Photo are what I enjoy. I also use Astropad to connect to the Mac to use the iPad as a pencil input.

• I use ArtStudio a lot, but I am probably more of an artist than a musician.

• What about this:

Concepts: Sketch & Design av TopHatch, Inc.
    https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/concepts-sketch-design/id560586497?mt=8

• I've got Procreate and a few other paint things on the iPad, a few bits in desktop but never use them. I tend to just make up silly covers on the phone when I'm bored, rather than proper digital art drawing. I've used Photoshop for 25 years, and more recently the cheaper Affinity (on desktop) for work stuff, so for my personal artistic endeavours I prefer to get my hands dirty with real paint.

I do a lot of landscape paintings on the spot - which means trudging up the side of a big hill or mountain with a heavy bag of kit, and then wrestling with the wind, rain, sheep and flies to capture the moment in paint. The end results don't always justify the effort, and sometimes working from a photo at home will make a better painting, but the aim for me is to get out from the phone/iPad/laptop/desktop and get some air into my lungs. Not today though, it's pissing down.

• I draw quite a lot at times (it goes in batches), on my iPad Pro (with Pencil).

Fave apps depend on what I need to do. For "natural brushes" and "proper canvas" behaviour I really like ArtRage. I use ProCreate quite a bit. I too use Affinity for photoediting on my iPad these days.

I take sketch notes in meetings in Concepts, which is awesome at quite a few things, and the drawing capabilities are increased/refined on an almost weekly basis, so that app is growing on me. For simple quick diagrams I use either Paper (by 53) or Grafio 3.

I've been toying a bit with Workvisual of late as it has an unmask functionality that is quite cool when using it in projected presentations (basically it looks, for the audience, like you are drawing really bloody quickly, when you in reality only uncover something you already had drawn).

• it’s always very interesting to me how
    many muscicians are also into drawing sculpting painting and graphic design. it must access
    similar parts of the brain. really cool

• @KarlBolasol said:
    My free and unapologetically-casual visuals app [Springle]

I just loaded Springle. Very cool! Having it react to music will be groovy.

• If you like simulation of traditional painting tools, Art Set Pro is still a lot of fun and just recently received Apple Pencil support,
    also the new SketchBook is really good for drawing and painting.

• @DrippyFaucet said:

@eross said:

@DrippyFaucet said:

Those rule! I love that stuff as well. Wish I had more to show for it though. That alien jar is wild

thanks man. haha that was actually a present for my brother for his birthday.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I've got Procreate and a few other paint things on the iPad, a few bits in desktop but never use them. I tend to just make up silly covers on the phone when I'm bored, rather than proper digital art drawing. I've used Photoshop for 25 years, and more recently the cheaper Affinity (on desktop) for work stuff, so for my personal artistic endeavours I prefer to get my hands dirty with real paint.

I do a lot of landscape paintings on the spot - which means trudging up the side of a big hill or mountain with a heavy bag of kit, and then wrestling with the wind, rain, sheep and flies to capture the moment in paint. The end results don't always justify the effort, and sometimes working from a photo at home will make a better painting, but the aim for me is to get out from the phone/iPad/laptop/desktop and get some air into my lungs. Not today though, it's pissing down.

:-)
    You sounds like a wise man, mr Monzo!

• But, isnt it Paintstorm Studio that's the best art app on iPad?
    Procreate may be wonderful and superfast, but, Paintstorm is really really deep and full of amazing features...

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    But, isnt it Paintstorm Studio that's the best art app on iPad?
    Procreate may be wonderful and superfast, but, Paintstorm is really really deep and full of amazing features...

Well...I find the idea behind Paintstorm Studio better than the execution of it. It is a resource hog, and can without problem overload the CPU (and crash). Also, as it has "everything" I most often find "nothing". I would still say that Artrage is better at some things (letting the canvas "dry", it's handling of oil/watercolour etc) and is much faster (for me) to work in, and actually get results out of. Procreate is pretty wild too, lots of functionality and I often use it spruce up photos with paint tools, whereas I use Affinity more like I normally use Photoshop, i.e. photo editing tasks.

A lot of it comes down to the quality behind the pencil/brush too. I've seen people create amazing things in really simple apps, simply because they have more talent (and practice) of drawing than I do. That doesn't make that app "better", but perhaps good enough? :)

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I've got Procreate and a few other paint things on the iPad, a few bits in desktop but never use them. I tend to just make up silly covers on the phone when I'm bored, rather than proper digital art drawing. I've used Photoshop for 25 years, and more recently the cheaper Affinity (on desktop) for work stuff, so for my personal artistic endeavours I prefer to get my hands dirty with real paint.

:-)
    You sounds like a wise man, mr Monzo!

Not really, but thanks anyway!

• @MonzoPro said:
    Not today... it's pissing down.

Could be the start to a good and miserable chorus. Always partial to down, lots of rhymey-word choices...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Could be the start to a good and miserable chorus. Always partial to down, lots of rhymey-word choices...

Not today it’s pissing down,
    in this shitty, pissy town.
    So instead of going to the bank,
    I’ll stay indoors and have a...

You can use that one for free Boss.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

A man must know his limitations and thus while it pains me to do so I feel I must pass this fine material directly to Mister @bluepunk.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

A man must know his limitations and thus while it pains me to do so I feel I must pass this fine material directly to Mister @bluepunk.

You can see why I stick to instrumentals now.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

You can see why I stick to instrumentals now.

I'll take 'em....Cheers. If I could get SC to accept my Ballad, you'd be surprised how many of those words were used in the new tune.... with a few more added for fun of course :)

• I have had Artrage on my iPad for a very long time, but have not used it much. How does it compare for drawing/painting, any opinions? I'm an old sketcher, wouldn't mind doing more of that. But I don't have the large iPad Pro with the pencil, just the smaller size.