Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI controller patch programming challenge: How would you do this?

How would you do this:
1) Have a second note sound a fixed interval below the played note. (Easy so far, right?)
2) Have the second note drone while the controller plays a melody over it.

I'm thinking in the context of an EWI controller. The drone note holds and plays so long as the aftertouch is greater than zero. When I run out of breath, aftertouch goes to zero and the drone stops. Then the drone starts again when I resume playing, at the same fixed interval below whatever the first note I start on happens to be.

Is there an app into which this idea could be programmed?

Comments

• MidiFire could possibly do it, you can get it to add midi based on what’s there....as long as it can recognise the aftertouch starting and ending you will be able to add a note on for the drone and add a note off if aftertouch is zero and the note on is still playing, I am sure that the MidiFire dev would help you build this script if you need it.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    MidiFire could possibly do it, you can get it to add midi based on what’s there....as long as it can recognise the aftertouch starting and ending you will be able to add a note on for the drone and add a note off if aftertouch is zero and the note on is still playing, I am sure that the MidiFire dev would help you build this script if you need it.

That sure looks like it could anything. I wonder if there is a less expensive alternative?