Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone 5s anyone tryed yet?

I'm still waiting for mine but since i heard a lot horror stories about bad hardware and sensor problems etc. (important for my drunken looking ThumbJam conductor sessions... and other things beside music apps). Is anyone here using the new iPhone 5s? Any problems? Just curious about.

Comments

• I've had mine for a couple of weeks now... I have iKaossilator, Thumbjam, Voice Synth, SampleWhiz, MorphWiz, GlitchBreaks and AudioShare... haven't had any problems... Have used them for live shows.

• edited October 2013

Great to know, thx! Not sure if it's worth the upgrade from 5 to 5s but with double the cpu and gpu they got me ;)
    I just wish it has a 4,5"-5" screen 128gb space and most important 2gb ram. I often have problems with my 1gb ram on iPhone 5 in my workflow. (... and i would like to have the wolfson dac which the lg g2 has it can plays 24bit192khz audio and is far better as the outdated iPhone dac... for me). I hope the iPhone 6 will have all these things and more. Sadly no developer (or the most i asked) have no big future plans for android :(

• The CPU is quite noticeable with CPU-heavy apps like GlitchBreaks!

• edited October 2013

I got mine a few minutes ago.... but i have to remove it :( The build quality is not premium anymore since iPhone 4/4s. The power button is very very loose and when i shake the phone just a bit it rattles very loud. When i hold the power button it's O.K. so it's def. the loose button. My iPhone 5 have no problems here (beside scuffgate). The next thing is i really have that sensor problems too... oh no....I can't believe that the build (and software) quality is going down more and more while other are getting better in my opinion. I'm really suprised in a bad way now. However, i have an apple store 30 car minutes away. So i will try to remove it and will see if they all the same build "quality". I paid 899€ and i will get premium and not medium for that! Otherwise i will get my money back and wait for..... i don't know :(
    Hope your device is fine and you'll have fun!
    Cheers!

• see: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=22517

Android can't do audio. Widely known issue.

• edited October 2013

@boone51: I also had an android device a while ago and i know off all the audio issues. But of course it can do audio (and android devices plays much better audio quality as iOS devices these days...means up to 24bit192khz). There are still apps like Fl-Studio, Akexander Zolotov's apps like SunVox, Virtual ANS etc. but it lacks still real-time-audio, a thing like core audio in iOS etc. It's far away from where iOS is today but that means not it will never be possible. It just can be going better while apple lost the way a bit and audio is still the only thing because i prefer iOS but this could change very fast ;)
    .... and i saw there are some movements going on...small steps but they are there. We will see....

• edited October 2013

Isssue 3434 was reported on Jul 31, 2009. I believe we have different definitions of "very fast".

I would love for Android to take care of their audio problems. Competition is a good thing. I just think iOS is the only show in town right now, so they can release half baked things like IAA without any real threat from the other guys at this point.

• Sadly, you're right... but some years ago apple smartphones was the best (in my opinion) but other came from behind now they are ahead in most things (also just in my opinion). The 3rd party developers and apps like Audiobus makes the deal. Of course Google must get their things together. I know it's not much but they try ;)

http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/patchfield-introduces-concepts-of-jack-audio-server-to-android

• edited October 2013

O.k. gone to apple store: All devices there seems to have the sensor issues (all sensors like gyroscope etc... think the m7 is the problem) and most also have the loose powerbutton. I can hear it even if i tryed to make a video... the button rattles! I get my money back for now, my iPhone 5 will go too next few days (can't change it). Sad :( That's it with iOS music from my point for now...I think i will try one of the new android flagships. Will see if it could work for some things yet. If not i hope they (Apple) solve their big quality problems (Hardware & Software) soon and i come back perhaps. Have fun all you great people here.... Apple destroyed my fun :(

• Too bad to hear... mine's like a dream.

• That's a shame. I'm sorry that you're having this experience. My family now has 3 iPhone 5s's in it and I'm happy to say that none have "rattled" or anything. The sensor issue is getting a lot of traction on the phandroid sites, but it's been stated that it's a calibration issue that will be fixed with a software update. So goes technology sometimes I guess. All in all, everyone I know that has one is in love with it. I hope you have better luck with your Samsung Galaxy Explorer or whatever you choose. ;-)

• edited October 2013

I'm really glad to hear that you are happy and that means there is hope for better quality (again) in the future but my experience is pretty bad. I'm no fan boy of any OS or apple or samsung, lg, htc, google....whatever but i tested about 20 iPhone 5s in the apple store (Centro, Oberhausen, Germany). All had this very loose powerbutton which i never had on any other smartphone! That's a real bummer for me. And also all phones i tested had the bad sensors. My iPhone 5 was fine. The 5c is made of plastic but nothing rattles, sensors all perfect etc. So seems there are something wrong with just the 5s.
    Indeed i will wait for Nexus 5 (Lg). The bad thing is for sure i think it will get just 32gb in the biggest version. But for the price it it's worth a try. I would like also the Galaxy Note3 but the Samsung extra software is crap (in my opinion). I really like windows 8 phone smothness (yes, better as iphone 5s with iOS 7) but not my favourite OS. There would be the option to buy an ipad 5 with 128gb for just music production but i prefer smartphones from 4.5"-5" (or a little bigger if the device itself is not too big). But i don't trust apple anymore. The quality is not good enough against others. IAA.... mhhh.... I don't hate Apple (can i hate a product ?!?!????? ;) but i was just so suprised from that bad quality of hardware and software they delivered this year. But what i don't like most that most people will never see this issues (isheeps ;) if they are there or not. If they solve it.... get my money and i'm happy. But this year (and last year) the way seems pretty bad. So i have to take a break for a while. It's just a hobby and there are more talented people outside there...so what ;)
    @boone51: I hope it's a software issue but other devices with the same OS have no issues there and the 5S's where different so i'm not sure. Biggest problem here is that there is no word from apple what to do. So the only way.... send back!!!

• In terms of what you do, I would disagree that there is anyone doing it any better than you. I very much hope that you find a way to continue making your music to the same standard without it being compromised by the tools you are limited to. Could you consider picking up a secondhand iDevice of the same generation as what you had before?

• edited October 2013

@Galaxy: "my iphone 5 was fine"

uhm,can i ask you then why you gave it away?Did you really need that extra power of the new one right NOW?64 Bit is currently not an advantage,Ram is the same and for the extra CPU/GPU...well,on my iPad 4 just Auria and the extra plugs are quite hungry and push it more or less often to the limit but all the rest (games included)just running fine (but i'm not using all the AB slots at once all the time).But Auria isn't available on iPhones.What are your high(est)performance task(s) there?I still have an iphone 4s and happy with that one...i will not upgrade until it falls apart cause all the later iPhones looks like shit compared to the 4s :)

• "all the later iPhones looks like shit compared to the 4s" woah woah WOAH...lets keep our shirt on here buddy... I happen to think the 5 is sexy as hell. I'll not have you talking about her this way... ;-)

• @Galaxyexplorer , again, sorry you're having this problem. The build quality of every apple product I've ever had in my hands has been superb. I hate to hear that you've had a different experience and with so many phones in one store. I'm a little impressed the Apple folks at that store were patient enough to break out twenty different phones for you to play with. Hopefully you'll find the right phone at the Android store ;-)

• edited October 2013

haha...sorry.Don't wanted to hurt feelings :) I would like to add an"IMO"as well.But do you REALLY think the back of an iphone 5 - shattered into three different pieces - looks better than the glass-ass of a (black) 4? ;-)

• edited October 2013

@Crabman: I liked the look of the black 5 i had (still have for some days). But i agree that the bulid quality from the 4/4s was the last really premium. Stainless steel always beats alu ;)
    @boone51: No, of course they don't open 20 new boxes. (There was not one of mine available-64gb space grey) I tryed all devices which where on the tables. Talked to the manager there and he talk with me like "your holding it wrong eh". Perhaps they all the same charge then and one of the first but there was not one which was O.K. Perhaps it's really just a software issue which can be solved but the loose buttons are (for me) a real dealbreaker because it's def. a hardware issue which i never saw even on the cheapest phones. Also it's the general arrogance from Apple which let me feel bad last time.... but that's another story!
    @PaulB: Ha ha thx, but i'm not sure about that! Another iPhone 5.... no! I also getting a bit tired in general to iOS file management and this thing called i-tunes.

• @Galaxyexplorer it does sound like you're more than ready to try another platform. I'm happy to say that I disagree about the build quality going down, but I'm sure that our opinions are based off of our individual experiences. Since you've used the term iSheep and seem so very deeply dissatisfied with the Apple support and hardware you've seen lately, it's pretty obvious that you're disenchanted with the whole ecosystem for whatever reason.

Good luck out there. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

• @galaxyexplorer - good luck mate with whatever you do. I have iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and they are smooth as chocolate and built like brick. Apple has the best software and hardware integration bar none. The second hand dealers for smart phones are having a ball at the moment as many Samsung galaxy owners are doing massive trade-ins for iPhones. I wonder why? Apple is loved for its ecosystem and that's a deliberate ploy. It is not arrogance. I'd rather do my business with this walled garden system with its more secure relative protection of its customers. Other people do open systems and they are beset with a plethora of problems and no one to turn to. I know it's all subjective in the end but Apple has a way better OS and hardware business than android. You will not get better. Your workflow for music making will be like an industrial hoover on android. I use a Mac and the integration with iOS is so far ahead of the competition. You probably use a Windows PC so you will not appreciate iTunes. iTunes on Windows had to be coded to accommodate the inherent bloat ware of the OS system hence the iTunes experience might not be great. It is not Apples's fault for the way Windows is coded. I mixdown to iTunes from Logic Pro and drag my demos from there to Dropbox and voila they are on my iDevices. The soon to be unveiled Mac Pro will take things to another level for sure.

• edited October 2013

@FrankieJay: Yes, i use a win7 laptop. But i only use it 1-2 times a month ;)
    @boone51: Perhaps you're right and i need some "fresh OS air". Perhaps it will smell really bad and i bite into the apple again very soon ;) But i wonder if anyone really tryed it or just heard about.... creating music on android.... he he sounds like a interesting competition. I never had problems with virus, security etc. or whatever. Android is just the "real" mobile windows. I saw there is also Animoog available on blackberry?!? Interesting too. Ha ha, perhaps i should try all interesting OS for a while: iOS (done), Android (but waiting for v4.4...who knows...), windows 8 phone/RT (as Matt from NanoStudio once mentioned the only mobile OS which could handle real time audio; but also far away from iOS) & BB10 (never used it or saw much of it. So the last choice for me). Anyone recommand devices;) ?
    Indeed "isheep" was of course a joke... i'm not that kind of man who say what people should buy or think. All have their reasons (like me). Perhaps it was also a bad timing from apple to hit me because my life is a bit hard at the moment!
    Cheers guys and let the tracks coming!

• edited October 2013

Well,whatever i would praise in the iOS and Apple world,iTunes is definitely not part of it.To be honest :)

And i'm using a Mac with the latest OS and iTunes version.

• @Crabman, yes, itunes, bad. I agree. Was very happy to kick it to the curb with iOS6.

@Galaxyexplorer as I mentioned, good luck out there. I do hope you'll report back here when you learn more about music making over on Android. Would love to hear they've made some positive progress out there.

• ITunes is definitely crap, but that can't be blamed on the Windows OS. iFunBox does the same job, does it far better and quicker and is running on the same Windows OS.

• i would love to use iFunbox all the time but it can not sync the itunes music unfortunately.In that case i have to use iTunes.But shitty iTunes fail too sync properly a bit too often for my taste.

• Can iFunbox get rid of the BM2 bloat files?

• I love iTunes still. Each to their own. One stop shop. I have been able to sell music on iTunes so all positive for me. Musos will soon have their music on iTunes Radio. Get your music on say TuneCore and it will be aired on iTunes Radio.

• edited October 2013

I meant more the user side of life...especially the unreliable sync (it happened too often that i needed to sync it a couple of times to get a new playlist or seperate songs of it onto my device) it's totally overblown with features i don't need,syncing takes forever (i have a 64GB iPad) and everytime it wants to sync all my purchases again when i changed just a few apps on it.Last but not least,it just doesn't save everything (i.e.gamesaves and more)so i have to use iFunbox to make sure everything is backuped.Setting up a new device from scratch takes a lot of time,it's not just"press recovery from a backup and everything will be fine"like apple want to make us believe...