Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

QUANTUM Multi Track Midi Sequencer - Getting Started Tutorial Video

Hello everybody here is a tutorial for Quantum, I really hope most of this is helpful for those wanted to just get going

Comments

• thx Doug - posted this on the youtube but the issues you had at the end are sync (notice the loop led goes red?) - Seq1 is the Master all other are slaves - which means a longer slave gets cut short. Go into Setup & switch these off or, as you did, make Seq1 longer.

• @midiSequencer said:
    thx Doug - posted this on the youtube but the issues you had at the end are sync (notice the loop led goes red?) - Seq1 is the Master all other are slaves - which means a longer slave gets cut short. Go into Setup & switch these off or, as you did, make Seq1 longer.

Thank Tony, I have just checked this out and I when I make another video I will point this out, so much to learn, I never even thought about the Master/Slave setup

• You've also got Ableton Link to 'reset' sequences - Quantum has Phase for Bars (the upbeat) & Beats - but this is also split into synchronising starting a sequence & playing/resuming a sequence.

Then add Parts to the equation - which also sync (A is considered the master, B/C/D the slaves) and its gets complicated!

• edited October 2017

Doug & Tony - Super helpful video and responses. I'm still wrapping my head around this one but this gave me a good start.

Tony - your presence on this forum is what style me on both midiSequencer and Quantum. Looking forward to digging deep into this!

• @dvlmusic said:
    Doug & Tony - Super helpful video and responses. I'm still wrapping my head around this one but this gave me a good start.

Tony - your presence on this forum is what style me on both midiSequencer and Quantum. Looking forward to digging deep into this!

thx - quite a few dev here now to support their apps - especially us indie ones who still have daytime jobs!

• So can the midi out notes created by Quantum be arpegiated in Step Poly Arp? Sorry for dumb questions I’m trying to wrap my head around all this midi stuff.

@midiSequencer said:

@dvlmusic said:

thx - quite a few dev here now to support their apps - especially us indie ones who still have daytime jobs!

• WOW! Quantum i’m Blown away! Sending a simple melody to Groovebox my jaw hit the floor!!!!

Why did i wait so long? If you haven’t bought this app, seriously, get it!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    So can the midi out notes created by Quantum be arpegiated in Step Poly Arp? Sorry for dumb questions I’m trying to wrap my head around all this midi stuff.

Sure. It's like sending any other MIDI notes into SPA. You'll probably want to use chords though unless you have some single-note arps set up.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    WOW! Quantum i’m Blown away! Sending a simple melody to Groovebox my jaw hit the floor!!!!

@MusicMan4Christ I just reinstalled StepPolyArp and ChordPolyPad thanks to you my friend, expect some new videos for both of these outstanding apps, I'm starting to get into this MIDI thingy........interesting (rubs his chin...in Joey fashion)

• Ok thanks Doug I’ll hold off till you get it online. :)

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    WOW! Quantum i’m Blown away! Sending a simple melody to Groovebox my jaw hit the floor!!!!

@MusicMan4Christ I just reinstalled StepPolyArp and ChordPolyPad thanks to you my friend, expect some new videos for both of these outstanding apps, I'm starting to get into this MIDI thingy........interesting (rubs his chin...in Joey fashion)

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I anxiously await the new videos that hopefully can shed some light on these apps and the “MIDI thingys”. I’m not sure why I have so much trouble grasping MIDI. I just do.

• Geez, I was just getting into Step Poly Arp and Chird Poly pad as well as this one. This is timely , Doug!

• yikes, more additions to the wish list :#