Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM and AudioShare now with Files App integration.

2»

Comments

• Create a folder first inside of Audioshare, it will show in Files, then you can drag and drop: https://youtu.be/u7yK2Rb1v3o

• @AndyPlankton said:
    AUM now has AUv3 MIDI Out too......... time for this AUv3 based sequencers and controller apps to start rolling out :)

;)

• @brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    AUM now has AUv3 MIDI Out too......... time for this AUv3 based sequencers and controller apps to start rolling out :)

;)

I'm not an emoji fan... but this one rules!

• @Aud_iOS said:

@brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

;)

I'm going for this one..... :joy:

• Working for me, after loading AudioShare.

• @Samu said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Most users would have no idea what the differences are, and that the "On my iPad/AudioShare" folder corresponds to AudioShare's "iTunes File Sharing" folder.

That's one thing I almost took for granted that Apple would 'fix' before releasing iOS11 and finally cut the 'iTunes Tie' and make all those 'iTunes File Sharing' folders available thru the Files.app. One can always dream...

Sure. For most apps this makes great sense, to expose their local Documents folder in the "on my ipad" section in Files. But AudioShare already has a separate storage, shared between all my apps (currently only AUM makes use of it), and that storage has now been made available thru the new File Provider extension in AudioShare 2.7.6.

• edited October 2017

@Aud_iOS said:

@brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

;)

• @Proto said:

@Aud_iOS said:

@brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

;)

• @Proto said:

@Aud_iOS said:

@brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

;)

Shane MacGowan's phone?

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Proto said:

@Aud_iOS said:

@brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

;)

Shane MacGowan's phone?

I did a face swap. The dentist said everything was fine (a long time ago).

• Hey. So i see audioshare in the files app but all i can seem to do is send it somewhere, just like in audioshare. What benefits of the the integration am i missing?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Wierd the update for AudioShare appeared again so just downloaded again, will try again inside the files app. Again all my files under the cloud, Dropbox, Documents, etc don’t seem to connect with this rubbish Apple files app. It pants to get them to show I have to do a hard reset on my iPad Pro 9.7. 3 time today doing this is anyone else having these show problems with the Apple files app?

(Coming out of Forum retirement for this one)

Same thing is happening to me, on an Air2 and an iPhone 8 Plus.
    I've been in touch with Apple support (UK and Ireland) and have sent them crash log files, if I hear anything significant back, I'II post it here.

It seems the bug is intermittent, the files 'disappear' from the Files App (local file and icloud drive ones) and then re-appear other times. A reboot always brings them back, as does keeping the Files App running (not closing it, when not using it - which is something that I usually always do with apps). This workaround seems solid until they fix it.

Anyone one else having the same issues ? An intermittent fault can take time to manifest.

Great to see Audioshare supporting the App, but drag and drop is still pretty fundamental to the whole 'files' thing (in my view)

• @Igneous1 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Wierd the update for AudioShare appeared again so just downloaded again, will try again inside the files app. Again all my files under the cloud, Dropbox, Documents, etc don’t seem to connect with this rubbish Apple files app. It pants to get them to show I have to do a hard reset on my iPad Pro 9.7. 3 time today doing this is anyone else having these show problems with the Apple files app?

(Coming out of Forum retirement for this one)

Same thing is happening to me, on an Air2 and an iPhone 8 Plus.
    I've been in touch with Apple support (UK and Ireland) and have sent them crash log files, if I hear anything significant back, I'II post it here.

It seems the bug is intermittent, the files 'disappear' from the Files App (local file and icloud drive ones) and then re-appear other times. A reboot always brings them back, as does keeping the Files App running (not closing it, when not using it - which is something that I usually always do with apps). This workaround seems solid until they fix it.

Anyone one else having the same issues ? An intermittent fault can take time to manifest.

Great to see Audioshare supporting the App, but drag and drop is still pretty fundamental to the whole 'files' thing (in my view)

Thanks for flagging it up to Apple and coming out of retirement, At present the who files thing is unusable and to keep the app in the background isn’t ideal if you are trying to cut down on cpu uses when recording etc.

• Looks like the whole 'Files' thing isn't showing a great deal of interest (as it stands) here, so I presume it's not something that people are planning on using much ?

• @Igneous1 said:
    Looks like the whole 'Files' thing isn't showing a great deal of interest (as it stands) here, so I presume it's not something that people are planning on using much ?

I'm interested in it but I suspect there are a good number of people here like me that haven't updated to 11 yet. Maybe by the time I upgrade to 11 Apple will have it working.

• Apps need to add drag and drop support to their apps for the File app to be the most useful from my perspective.

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2017

I think the Files.App of IOS 11 is really usefull.

I have a lot of audio-loops and midi-loops which are hosted in subfolders of AudioShare. If i want to use them in Auria, i just copy them over from the AudioShare folder into the main Auria folder in the Files.App.

Because of the Files.App, i no longer need to connect my iPad to the PC and use iFunBox to install something into Auria. Just copy the zip or zif files into the root auf Auria / AuriaPro and force the decompression by creating a new project. I also managed to copy stored plugin presets from the Auria to the Auria Pro folder, directly installed Lyra sfx/ esx files and their samples into the right folder of Auria, added midi and wav files, or moved the exported Auria audio to AudioShare. Many of these tasks needed the use of a PC/Mac before IOS 11.

AudioShare supplies its own file provider, which (on my iPad Pro 10.5, IOS 11.03) does not show the content of its 'iTunes File Sharing' folder (which is present in the AudioShare app itself). Therefore i had to move several folders up into the main folder of AudioShare to be visible in the Files.App.

AudioShare could add its 'iTunes File Sharing' folder to the 'On my iPad' folder of the Files.App, since this is the place where the folders are shown of the shared iTunes 'Documents' folders of the apps. But i understand that is could irritate some people (why are there two locations for AudioShare, and why do they show different files and folders...) But the current situation is also not optimal, since now the files in AudioShares 'iTunes File Sharing' are not accessible via the Files.App at all...

• @Igneous1 said:
    Looks like the whole 'Files' thing isn't showing a great deal of interest (as it stands) here, so I presume it's not something that people are planning on using much ?

I use it a lot. But I’ve not experienced the problem you described on any of my 4 iOS 11 devices.

• @_ki said:

AudioShare could add its 'iTunes File Sharing' folder to the 'On my iPad' folder of the Files.App, since this is the place where the folders are shown of the shared iTunes 'Documents' folders of the apps. But i understand that is could irritate some people (why are there two locations for AudioShare, and why do they show different files and folders...) But the current situation is also not optimal, since now the files in AudioShares 'iTunes File Sharing' are not accessible via the Files.App at all...

Note that this is how it has always been from the start. AudioShare's document provider couldn't access the "itunes file sharing" folder (due to iOS limitations) and thus I had to make it a separate folder. But as far as I can see, there's really not much need to use the "itunes file sharing" anymore. For transferring to/from a computer, just use the WiFi-Drive in AudioShare.

And yes, I think having two locations in Files app, each showing different folders (and no way of telling users about this directly in the app), would be too confusing for too many users.

• I'm still somehow hoping Apple will make it possible to access all 'app'/Documents/ folders from Files.app without any modification to the app-bundles. I mean the optional 'flag' to enable viewing of files in the FIles.app could be bypassed by iOS and thus all those folders would be visible...

• @InfoCheck said:
    Apps need to add drag and drop support to their apps for the File app to be the most useful from my perspective.

Was hoping for this in the last update of AudioShare but no joy.