Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro: “Real Time” track bounce from MIDI

Track 15: MIDI Piano using IAA. Tried Bouncing Track in Place but got some horrid clipping noises after rendering.

Decided the best possible option would be to do a “real time bounce” to Track 16, but I’m unsure how to route audio from Track 15 to be recorded on Track 16. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Create a blank audio track. Set it to record, and set the input to master. Mute all the tracks but the one you want to bounce. Press record, let the piece run through.

• Crude workaround but if it works great!

@rickwaugh said:
    Create a blank audio track. Set it to record, and set the input to master. Mute all the tracks but the one you want to bounce. Press record, let the piece run through.

• Hah! Crude indeed, but it got the job done. Thanks!

• @rickwaugh said:
    Create a blank audio track. Set it to record, and set the input to master. Mute all the tracks but the one you want to bounce. Press record, let the piece run through.

Yep, when bounce in place sounds caca the master input real time bounce is the only way I know of. Thats just old school analog style bouncing.

Plus if you would rather mix a song in real time instead of rendering, this method on a blank stereo track is the way. Why would you? Well, if you're not used to mixing in real time like many of us did for years it is a different deal than automating a mix to death. Especially if you have a control surface with faders, it's cool to mess with.

Auria has several recording features I wish it had like recording from an output bus, automatic mono to stereo/stereo to mono, etc.

• As jrsiv said, that's the way it always was done. The other nice thing about it is it leaves your original track intact. You don't lose the settings, filters, etc, that get zeroed on a bounce in place. You can mute the original track, save it, do you can change it latest.

• On the other hand, you can always quickly bounce offline by soloing the track, selecting Mixdown, and selecting "import as a new track". I find it more reliable than bouncing in place, which for me at least only unload the FX in the slots, but not the channel strip itself, and I always became afraid to end up e.g.: compressing the same track twice.

• @rickwaugh how do i set the audio to master ?

• Revisiting this thread because I can’t make the work around work-
    Routing the audio of the midi channel to master, and input of blank audio channel from master produces blank audio track.