Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Units effects in GarageBand silence the track

If I add an AU effect as a plugin effect in a track in GB, the track is silenced when I reopen the project. It works fine until I close and open the project again. After that, no sound comes from the track until I remove the AU.

To be clear, I’m using the AU in the track EQ and FX section, the one you get to by opening the track settings sidebar, then Plugins & EQ.

And fixes or workarounds?

Comments

• Got similar issues with AU instruments. Sound drop out when bouncing, no sound when playing.
    With iSem it happens that a project cannot be opened anymore.
    All the plugins I am using have these kind if problems except for Poison-202.

• Hmm. I guess the workaround may be to bounce a track before closing the project. What a pain.

• @mistercharlie said:
    If I add an AU effect as a plugin effect in a track in GB, the track is silenced when I reopen the project. It works fine until I close and open the project again. After that, no sound comes from the track until I remove the AU.

To be clear, I’m using the AU in the track EQ and FX section, the one you get to by opening the track settings sidebar, then Plugins & EQ.

And fixes or workarounds?

I see this a lot. Hoping for a bug fix soon.

• Sometimes the issue disappears when I do the following
    1 copy Region
    2 delete region
    3 paste region
    Guess: Looks like there is an automatic freezing going on in the background, which sometime fails.

• I’ll play with it later and see if there’s a fix that’s not too annoying.