Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recomend midi knob box?

Well since my novation lauch control has oddly stopped working, im on the hunt for a midi knob box contoller. Got any recomendations?

Comments

• 60 knobs bastle

• edited October 2017

Probably depends on your use case but a used original Beatstep seems pretty hard to beat at ~$50. 16 knobs (and 16 buttons which can be note, CC or PC) multiplied times 16 presets. Plus, you can change the MIDI channel as quickly as you can change a preset.

16 * 16 = 256
    16 * 16 * 16 = 4096 :)

And it works as iOS->MIDI out interface as well as an iOS -> CV+Gate interface if you need that sort of thing. Plus the little sequencer is fun.

• @syrupcore said:
    Probably depends on your use case but a used original Beatstep seems pretty hard to beat at ~$50. 16 knobs (and 16 buttons which can be note, CC or PC) multiplied times 16 presets. Plus, you can change the MIDI channel as quickly as you can change a preset.

1616 = 256
    16*16 = 4096 :)

And it works as iOS->MIDI out interface as well as an iOS -> CV+Gate interface if you need that sort of thing. Plus the little sequencer is fun.

Huh. I have the original BeatStep (think I got it on sale for around $75, which was still a good deal at the time based on original price of $100). I thought it was a cool device but maybe didn't explore it fully and put it away for awhile. Recently had it out again to use it as a MIDI controller and remembered how deep all the functionality is, particularly how you can change channels or button mapping very quickly. The monophonic sequencer is limited, but as it's they only real physical control sequencer I have, it's nice for me and I should use it more.

I totally missed that you could use it as a DIN MIDI Out interface, however. Probably because it requires that separate little dongle that I never remember to pull out. But that might be a compelling reason to hook it up more often.