Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: This musician’s new album was made by industrial robots

Nigel Stanford is a New Zealand musician who creates sound experiments using mechanics and technology. His new album, Automatica, was made by two thin orange boys: industrial robots.

For each instrument, Stanford manipulated the robots slightly to help them play. When the robots play the bass, the one near the body of the instrument is equipped with a guitar pick. When they play the drums, each robot is gripping a drumstick, except for the one playing the bass drum.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/8/16435414/automatica-nigel-stanford-robot-album-music

Comments

• Think I saw something similar a few weeks ago, using Ableton Push to trigger robots playing various instruments. Can't wait to see them live, I'll rip of my tool belt and throw it onto the stage. ;)

• edited October 2017

Pat Metheny did a whole "Orchestrion" tour years ago.

• @yowza said:
    Pat Metheny did a whole "Orchestrion" tour years ago.

That is very cool! I would love to be in that room and have Mr. Metheny show me how it all works. And one of his robots would serve us lunch. And he would tell me that I’m his best friend and invite me to come on tour with him. And he would give me guitar lessons every day.

• @skiphunt said:
    Nigel Stanford is a New Zealand musician who creates sound experiments using mechanics and technology. His new album, Automatica, was made by two thin orange boys: industrial robots.

For each instrument, Stanford manipulated the robots slightly to help them play. When the robots play the bass, the one near the body of the instrument is equipped with a guitar pick. When they play the drums, each robot is gripping a drumstick, except for the one playing the bass drum.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/8/16435414/automatica-nigel-stanford-robot-album-music

AMAZING! But wow I suddenly feel not so smart.

• Fantastic.
    Thanks for sharing.