Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Learning To Fly - Tom Petty cover

edited October 2017 in Creations

I just learned to play this song last week after hearing of Tom Petty's untimely passing and used a few spare hours I had at the weekend to record a cover.

It's pretty simple, the guitar is a double-tracked twelve string acoustic, the bass was done with Lyra in Auria and the drums were performed/programmed in DrumPerfect Pro.

Comments

• And now you've got something to busk down in the subway at midnight...more importantly hafta say that your vocals are simply far far better as a result of the work. Thesis proven.

• Thanks for the listen and for the comment about the vocals. Truth be told they're still a bit patchy at times, but definitely much improved from when I first started singing almost 4 years ago.

I've made a few tweaks to the track. The guitars had slipped out of time due to a bug in Auria (bouncing/mixing down can shift tracks forwards on the timeline), and I'd inadvertently uploaded a mono mix of the track. I also re-sang the opening line because my original delivery was overly croaky.

• Love it. I love the bright sounding guitar. Honest thought: First few seconds of the vocals, I didn't care for them. After that, I really liked it. The vocals were really really good.

Great job!

• @High5denied said:
    Love it. I love the bright sounding guitar. Honest thought: First few seconds of the vocals, I didn't care for them. After that, I really liked it. The vocals were really really good.

Great job!

Thanks! And you're totally right about the first couple of lines of vocals (and this is after I redid the first line already), it takes me a while to warm up/get going and the first line is always a struggle. I know my vocals are patchy, and opening lines are a real weak point. I should really re-record those opening lines again, but I really want to leave this and move on to my SOTMC for this month.

The guitar is totally untreated, no EQ, no reverb, nothing. Just two tracks panned hard left and right. It's a really cheap 12 string that sounds super-bright. Only thing that lets it down is my playing, which isn't quite tight enough.