Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New track from a day of experimentation

Was listening to the new Alessandro Cortini album, AVANTI, and well it inspired something in me.

I decided to take that inspiration into BeatMaker 3 with me.

Here’s what I did:
. Sampled myself playing a variety of notes and melodies on my AS-1
. Sampled some choice pieces from Joseph Campbell
. Added a stack of AudioDamage effects to widen and increase the depth of my samples

Anyhoo...it was a fun piece to compose...a little dark...but it achieved sonically what I was feeling at the time.

Thanks as always for giving it a listen.

Comments

• Like. B)

Thanks for sharing.

• edited October 2017

@echoopera Reminds me of Joseph saying: "You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a day, where you don’t know what was in the newspapers that morning, you don’t know who your friends are, you don’t know what you owe anybody, you don’t know what anybody owes to you. This is a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be. This is the place of creative incubation. At first you may find that nothing happens there. But if you have a sacred place and use it, something eventually will happen."

Seems more true now than ever, but is hard to achieve, perhaps you are getting there? I like the piece. I have no idea what an AS-1 is. Any clues?

My own personal favorite of Mister Campbell (or maybe just the one that I have found most useful over time and on bad days) is: "The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight."

• edited October 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear wow...thanks for that quote. Campbell has always inspired me. I may do another track with those lines.

The AS-1 is the Dave Smith developed Pioneer TORAIZ AS-1 monosynth.

I went ahead and expanded on the piece by putting it through Wizibel and added some verse on top.

Thanks for listening everyone. Here’s the track again with a little Wizibel motion...

• Nice track. If only there were an iOS synth that generate the sounds Cortini coaxes out of a Buchla.

• edited January 2019

That was really nice and foreboding sounding

• @Blipsford_Baubie @espiegel123 thanks for giving this one a listen and the comments. 👊🏼™️💗

• 2 things. Your track is great!!! As usual 😁. But how odd in my 54 years of life never have heard of Alessandro Cortin...... wow mind blown.

• That’s beautiful.

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    2 things. Your track is great!!! As usual 😁. But how odd in my 54 years of life never have heard of Alessandro Cortin...... wow mind blown.

I only just found out about Cortini this past week. He brings together the avant and the accessible in a compelling way.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Eye0sStudios said:
    2 things. Your track is great!!! As usual 😁. But how odd in my 54 years of life never have heard of Alessandro Cortin...... wow mind blown.

I only just found out about Cortini this past week. He brings together the avant and the accessible in a compelling way.

• Wow... amazing! Thanks for "necroing" the thread. Loved the track, @echoopera
    I'm a huge fan of Cortini :wink:

• Thanks everyone for bringing this one back from the past...I truly am thankful that it's finding ears and hearts to connect with :)