Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: You’re not going to believe this

This really has nothing to do with audio, etc. But it’s so good... Had to share

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

Comments

• Good article, er, comic rather. Very gentle in its explanation. Hopefully this will stop others from bickering and fighting over the stupidest shit and continue to sustain the peace in our humble forum. :)

• @skiphunt said:

One big hint: Choose subjects that are more speaking, more descriptive, for accurate

I know only clicked out of boredom.

A better subject would get my interest more early - or would not get it, if some topic I am not interested in.

That's the reason for a subject.

Otherwise, they could just be numbered sequentially.

OK?
    Thanks

• @tja said:

@skiphunt said:

One big hint: Choose subjects that are more speaking, more descriptive, for accurate

A better subject would get my interest more early - or would not get it, if some topic I am not interested in.

OK?
    Thanks

Hi!

Hey, ya know what? I don’t care. :)

• I have no idea what the previous message above is about but I'm just gonna say thanks for sharing!

• @DCJ said:
    I have no idea what the previous message above is about but I'm just gonna say thanks for sharing!

My pleasure.

• @tja said:

@skiphunt said:

OK?
    Thanks

The subject was OT about a comic on why people tend not to believe ideas you tell them which conflict with their core beliefs. What subject title would you have given for a thread with a link to the comic?

One of my core beliefs is that people are frequently unreasonable which of course is dependent upon my ability to divide everything in the world into reasonable or unreasonable. The primary criteria seems to be that I don't like what they're doing. Everything after that ends up being a long story to justify my own preferences.

• @InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

OK?
    Thanks

The subject was OT about a comic on why people tend not to believe ideas you tell them which conflict with their core beliefs. What subject title would you have given for a thread with a link to the comic?

One of my core beliefs is that people are frequently unreasonable which of course is dependent upon my ability to divide everything in the world into reasonable or unreasonable. The primary criteria seems to be that I don't like what they're doing. Everything after that ends up being a long story to justify my own preferences.

Man, I always enjoy your replies. Logical, level headed, and on point. :)

• Me and my little toe liked it.

• I don't even know what I am and have had a completely immersive firsthand experience of it my whole life. With that much data and so few conclusions why should I believe or accept anything I am merely told by someone else?

• @skiphunt said:

That's sad.

• @InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

OK?
    Thanks

Now, you summarized the topic very well.
    So why not use this as subject then?

"OT: Interesting comic about core believes and conflicts with them"

Easy, fitting, informative and no click-bait

• How can I change the world when I can't change myself.

• @tja said:

@skiphunt said:

That's sad.

Uhhh... nope. :)

• edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tja said:

@InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

OK?
    Thanks

How about, "OT Comic about core beliefs and conflict"? It would be a little shorter and presumably a person wouldn't post something they didn't find interesting plus conflict requires the existence of them.

• @Max23 said:
    ^^
    Lovely.
    It’s pretty slick,
    The way you have to scroll down
    tell me more, tell me more
    Haha
    ymmd

The 3 things they choose to provoke some reaction leave me stone cold?
    It works better for Americans I guess.
    Slavery obviously worked, but the highlights didn’t. Meh

I used to play a game with friends
    we called it Tourette Syndrom
    You had to say the most provoking thing you could think of in the shortes amount of time
    I always won with nazi pope

At least the comic does explain why some people would be affected by the revelation of different information so the concept can be understood even if a particular reader didn't have the reaction the comic author attempted to invoke.

• @InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

OK?
    Thanks

How about, "OT Comic about core beliefs and conflict"? It would be a little shorter and presumably a person wouldn't post something they didn't find interesting plus conflict requires the existence of them.

I think that one of the brilliant ways this works, is that it doesn't spell it all out for you to begin with. They draw you in with a little bit of mystery, and keep your attention until the end. And then wrap it up nicely.

To go overboard with exposition about what the link was about, wouldn't have achieved the same effect. And, the reason I shared it to begin with.

tja evidently would prefer to have everything spelled out and as much information as possible before clicking on a link. There's nothing wrong with that, but in this case, divulging too much about the content would've spoiled the slick delivery of the message regarding beliefs.

Is it "sad" that I don't really care if someone I don't know on the internet doesn't like the lack of exposition associated with a brilliantly executed comic book link about core belief behavior? Not really. I know I'm not sad. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@InfoCheck said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

OK?
    Thanks

I think that one of the brilliant ways this works, is that it doesn't spell it all out for you to begin with. They draw you in with a little bit of mystery, and keep your attention until the end. And then wrap it up nicely.

To go overboard with exposition about what the link was about, wouldn't have achieved the same effect. And, the reason I shared it to begin with.

tja evidently would prefer to have everything spelled out and as much information as possible before clicking on a link. There's nothing wrong with that, but in this case, divulging too much about the content would've spoiled the slick delivery of the message regarding beliefs.

Is it "sad" that I don't really care if someone I don't know on the internet doesn't like the lack of exposition associated with a brilliantly executed comic book link about core belief behavior? Not really. I know I'm not sad. :)

This may be yet another situation where you can't please all of the people all of the time. I can imagine there'd be some people who want concise detailed thread subjects, some who don't have a strong opinion about it, and others who share your perspective.

• edited October 2017
  • edited October 2017
  • @Max23 said:
    @skiphunt Was this on Boingboing?

On the Oatmeal... I nabbed it from my wife's feed. Thought it was cool and thought I'd share with the peeps here.

I think they held back a little bit intentionally with the Jesus and slavery stuff. It's just my speculation, but I'm guessing that if they wen't too far, they'd lose some viewers who wouldn't make it all the way to the end. They'd have a negative knee-jerk reaction and not even get to the very point they likely needed to get to more than anyone.

So, I'm guessing they kept the examples as only mildly irritating to some and not full onslaught on purpose.

It's a good piece. I've wondered how some cling so tightly to some beliefs despite much evidence to the contrary. It's a human thing and complex, but they did an excellent job of explaining just how this happens.

• This was the short version of all the books I have read

• edited October 2017