Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please talk me out of buying a Squarp Pyramid!

124»

Comments

• ahh I see.

• I wouldn't buy a Pyramid before spending an hour with Synthstrom Deluge.
    Or Digitakt.
    They're so different they cannot even be compared, but I'm sure there's one that fits your way of working the best.

• edited October 2018

the difference is the best thing about all of them Imo, makes having all three worth it for the opportunity to switch up the workflow. the pyramid gives off those old mmt-8 vibes, got a warm spot for that one and they're still dope..... I think syntstrom is going to break the internet with version 2 of the deluge though, if he actually puts a screen on it and a couple of extras deluge will be really nice.

• edited October 2018

redundant post (deleted).

• @kinkujin said:
    This is something I’m always thinking. So, wouldn’t it be cool if Quantum “hosted” an iOS synth. Pick synth, sequence, arse around, fire up new Tony Photon app, record, all in one session. Instant gratification and no “hosts” in your way. Just a thought ...

Wouldn't that just be making Quantum another 'host' though? Then Tony would have to deal with all of the problems that come with being a host instead of working on new features or new midi apps.

• yes, I’ve no plans to make a host, too busy with all the bits you put in one.

• Managed to grab a second hand Pyramid. Absolutely love it.

Major fun this weekend pairing it up with the Digitakt and a few synths.

• looking forward to hearing how you get on with it...

• @kobamoto said:
    looking forward to hearing how you get on with it...

My Portable Pyramid! :)

A few added extras... A Duracell PPS2 for portable power, Yamaha MDBT-01 for BlueTooth Midi, and I copied Olivier Ozoux by adding colourful Chroma Caps.

The Pyramid is awesome hooked up in the ‘Studio’ but maybe even cooler when mobile. I’ll have Pyramid controlling the iPhone in my pocket that has an AUM session with a bunch of synths and Ruismaker drums. Bose QC35 headphones for a completely wireless & mobile ‘commute jam’.

• freakin sweeeeeet... how long does that battery give you, I've got one for my digitakt and model samples but I wish it was smaller?

• It’s not run out on me yet. So at least 1 or 2 hours. Apparently the Squarp is quite low demand and looking at figures it could be many more hours. I’m gonna test it soon and I’ll report back here.

• Gracias hermano

• The Squarp is powered by mini USB, which is what the Duracell uses. Digitakt would need a different adapter, not sure about the Model:samples?

• edited May 2019

the model samples needs a different adapter head as well but I've seen multi usb adapters
    I'm using the GM 312 power bank right now which is alright but nowhere near as slick as what you've got going.

the power bank nets me at least 5 hours, curious how close Duracell could get,

• @kobamoto Try reaching out to MyVolts to see if their RipCord product works with Digitakt. MyVolts.co.uk/RipCord

It's a DC to USB adapter that you can use with a power bank.

• @nondes said:
    @kobamoto Try reaching out to MyVolts to see if their RipCord product works with Digitakt. MyVolts.co.uk/RipCord

It's a DC to USB adapter that you can use with a power bank.

will do, thanks for the tip

• spooky does your batt. say pps2 on the batt itself or the package?

• edited May 2019

@SpookyZoo said:

@kobamoto said:

A few added extras... A Duracell PPS2 for portable power, Yamaha MDBT-01 for BlueTooth Midi, and I copied Olivier Ozoux by adding colourful Chroma Caps.

The Pyramid is awesome hooked up in the ‘Studio’ but maybe even cooler when mobile. I’ll have Pyramid controlling the iPhone in my pocket that has an AUM session with a bunch of synths and Ruismaker drums. Bose QC35 headphones for a completely wireless & mobile ‘commute jam’.

Oh, the sweet sweet taste of jealousy. That's amazing!

• @kobamoto said:
    spooky does your batt. say pps2 on the batt itself or the package?

I don’t remember the packaging but the battery does.

Had a 3 hour commute with it today and the battery led is still showing green.

• thanks man, grabbed a couple off eBay for $9 but in the photo the guy gave me couldn't see pps2 anywhere, should be alright I guess as it seems there are only 2 that look mildly similar and one is mostly black while the other has the silver or grey part.. at only 9bucks I just went ahead

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@kobamoto said:

Have to admit, this is probably the most fun bit of gear I’ve had in a mobile scenario.

It’s also really tactile. I was commuting with a huge heavy rucksack today with no space for the Pyramid, but the ‘L-shape’ form of it, made it really nice n’easy to just carry between my train stops.

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks man, grabbed a couple off eBay for $9 but in the photo the guy gave me couldn't see pps2 anywhere, should be alright I guess as it seems there are only 2 that look mildly similar and one is mostly black while the other has the silver or grey part.. at only 9bucks I just went ahead

Cool. Let us know how it works out. I’ve not tried powering anything other than The Pyramid with it so not sure of powering times for other devices.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@kobamoto said:

Have to admit, this is probably the most fun bit of gear I’ve had in a mobile scenario.

Dammit.

• Gotta thank you again spooky this batt works a treat and it's so light I don't even notice it, even carrying the two of them in my bag is less of a hassle and less noticeable than the previous gm 312 batt I was using.. I wasn't able to get a response from the ripcord company but got some usb to 5v dc adapter off of amazon for almost nothing and all works perfectly.
    danke arigato gracias and thank you!

• and thank you too Nondes!

• @kobamoto said:
    Gotta thank you again spooky this batt works a treat and it's so light I don't even notice it, even carrying the two of them in my bag is less of a hassle and less noticeable than the previous gm 312 batt I was using.. I wasn't able to get a response from the ripcord company but got some usb to 5v dc adapter off of amazon for almost nothing and all works perfectly.
    danke arigato gracias and thank you!

Awesome! :)

Can I ask for the Amazon link to the adapter, cheers.

• Yeah, main thing with these and RipCords, is the polarity and voltage matches your device, don't want to underpower or fry your gadget in process.