Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus - Caustic & Garageband Compatibility

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to the forum, and would really appreciate, a bit of advise, or explanation for the following. I have had and used the Caustic app for a couple of years and am very happy with most of the functionality of it. A couple of days ago my work gifted me a new Ipad, which has the latest IOS and latest Garageband version on it. Now my problem is that I'm not what you would describe as technically minded and just wondering how if these 3 different apps can kinda work in tandem. So I'm thinking file movement, compatibility and that sort of thing. So just wondering if anyone had ideas about this?
Cheers

Comments

• Both Caustic and GB goes in the audio out slot in Audiobus 3 but i really recommend grabbing Audioshare for organizing your audio files and moving them between apps

• You can use Audioshare to transfer Caustic stems to Garageband, or use Audiobus to record Caustic sounds to Garageband.

• Cheers guys, thanks for the help

• You will need the Documents app from Readdle to access stems in Caustic Song folder unless you export them to AudioShare one at a time by muting tracks. You can export wav files directly to AS for import into GB Sampler through iCloud Drive which will give you access to AS. You can export AIFF files from GB to AS and convert to WAV to open in Caustic. Or you can record into GB by using Audiobus. Take your time and learn how each app works.

• @anickt said:
    You will need the Documents app from Readdle to access stems in Caustic Song folder unless you export them to AudioShare one at a time by muting tracks. You can export wav files directly to AS for import into GB Sampler through iCloud Drive which will give you access to AS. You can export AIFF files from GB to AS and convert to WAV to open in Caustic. Or you can record into GB by using Audiobus. Take your time and learn how each app works.

This!

• Thanks guys,
    @anickt I see you are on this forum as well as Caustic, nice one. I have worked out some things. So I can now export a Caustic wav directly into AS, that's the easy one. I have worked out how to get the ftp server part working, which I have added to the documents app, so now can access all the Caustic folders and files. Also worked out how to export GB files into AS. So getting there hey