Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited October 2013

... and is now called "Fingertip Maestro FREE 2 HD".

Funny, I remember paying 2.99 for this less than a month ago...

• Yes it was $2.99 but went free shortly afterward. The sound bundle IAP is now $2.99

• It figures... this is probably the only case where I haven't waited for a sale to purchase a music app :/

• Btw Dev says midi should be coming soon. The internal sounds are pretty weak. He will also add sustain.

• Getting some really bad audio break ups that definitely wasn't there in the iOS 6 version. Works fine for lower polyphony, but start doing more "complex" things then 3-4 notes things and it starts to break up. iPad 2 iOS 7 btw.

• @ChrisG is this happening via Audiobus?

• Both with Audiobus and without. So buffer size doesn't seem to matter. It just can't keep up at higher polyphony anymore.

• edited October 2013

@ChrisG I had the same issue on iOS6. iPad 2 here as well.

• edited October 2013

Weird, you still get the same on iOS 7?

One thing the dev perhaps could do is implementing a configurable poly limit, and a smart "voice stealing" technique. So cut off earlier notes to make way for new ones in a way that isn't too noticeable, instead of it all breaking up into crackles/pops.

• Honestly I don't know. I haven't reinstalled it yet. Will try it this afternoon when I get home.

• I contacted the Dev and invited him to the forum to this discussion.

• Cool. I never did uninstall since I really like how this app approaches how to do more complex stuff then a regular on-screen piano keyboard will ever allow on a tiny touchscreen.

If the dev sees this) I also noticed the name change in the appstore, what happens if I uninstall it and download it again later? Will I get the "free version" with a "free" banner/name slapped on it? My IAPs I´ve done, will they remain? If sales are´nt that good, it´s always better to release a second "freemium" version (if that´s the new route), and leave the first one as is.

• I reinstalled and got the original version with IAP's I purchased.

• Ok thanks (usually the name under the icons seems to follow the AppStore name so got a bit worried this app had gone completely freemium)

• Hey everyone,

Thank you all for trying out the new update. Few quick things I can answer.

1. The app is the same and all your IAP purchases cary over.

2. If you experience any issues, delete app and do a clean install. This has fixed all the issues we have been getting. Apple has weird issues with IAP carryover sometimes.

3. The team can reassure you there will be NO ADDS in the app. :)

4. ChrisG - anyway you can show us this? a video or example of audio? First time we are hearing about any buffer issue.

We also wanted to say we have more instruments coming in next update. What would you guys like to have? Electronic? More pianos? Organs? Flutes? We have so many ideas but would really like to know what you guys really would like to see.

We are also working on iphone version and some more features as requested.

We are going to continue building this and many other products so your feedback really helps us do that right.

Please email [email protected] if there are any issues.

Thanks

• edited October 2013

Thanks for stopping in.

Midi Midi Midi.

• @Vdubskivr6

Just use an iPad 2 with iOS 7 (or actually even I guess iOS 6, since boone51 above had the same issue with iOS 6), use the default piano and go nuts playing, dragging your fingers around. There'll be quite a few voices/notes playing at the same time, right. And I'm guessing that if you can't find a way to increase performance, using "note stealing" and lower the polyphony would be the solution to get rid of the audio breakups. Should preferably be configurable tho (the nr of voices playing at the same time). I mentioned the audio buffer thing becouse mgmg above asked if I was using it with Audiobus, and I'm guessing he meant that Audiobus will set the audio buffer/latency to 512 for all subsequent apps and that usually helps on slower devices like iPad 2. But this issue seems unrelated to the buffer size.

About instruments, first and foremost I really think instruments like the string section needs to be looped with a set ADSR curve (now it just plays the whole unlooped samples when triggered) that fades it out when you let go of a note. That'll allow for sustained notes and more staccato-like playing. That should obviously also apply to things like flutes, bas guitars, organs and so on. Maybe have a basic ADSR screen for each IAP instrument where the user can adjust it to fit the playing style? Drums. I think Fingertip Maestro is just awesome as a drumpad/drummachine kinda thing. And also just for various percussion in general. So I'd buy more drum & percussion kits for sure!:) Other instruments that I'd like to see and that might fit Fingertip Maestro are more pianos (warm pianos, grand , electric, rhodes etc), more exotic pluck-ish things like marimba, Kalimba, Sitar, steel pans, Asian stuff etc. The best solution would be if instrument IAP packs are downloadable, and not stuffed inside the app itself since space is kinda an issue on iDevices. :)

Thanks for coming here and commenting on all this. Looking forward to see this app grow!

• edited October 2013

Midi please. I really want to use this as a controller.

• I bought it tonight dosent work in audiobus :-/

• Works in AB for me. What version of IOS are you using.

• I really want MIDI...

• edited October 2013

Is this conversation over already?

• You can continue it Morris.....we'll watch. ;-)

• I think the word midi can be scary. Lol

• No doubt! That's the reason I started that other thread on midi issues/questions. Of course it wouldn't be as bad if iOS midi was implemented consistently.

• I think midi would cut into IAP's at this point.

• edited October 2013

Then they should add MIDI and start charging for the base app again. I paid for this with the assumption that I would eventually be able use it as a MIDI controller since it seemed like the whole point of the thing; it is not useful to me otherwise (not interested in the internal sounds).

• Best control surface on iOS please bring midi.

• I think most of the crowd here are interested in MIDI.

I would suggest adding MIDI to this app, calling it PRO and charging for it. Then release a FREE version sans MIDI, with IAP for instruments for kids learning music etc. who wouldn't care about MIDI.

• Has anybody bought the bundle IAP yet? I tried and although it says I purchased it ok, it won't download. .??